Diablo® III

Blizzard, please stop deliberate disconnects.

(Locked)

I'm not opposed to your idea, OP. The devs could implement some sort of auto-detect subroutine to see if your game session has been paused for more than 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, they should automatically save your current game's state (a save state!). After this, it will terminate most I/O operations to their server and your client. When you press resume, your game's save-state will be automatically downloaded from the servers to your client so you can continue where you left off, and then the server can delete your save-state.
02/25/2013 11:25 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
all you have to do is hit esc before you leave... it won't d/c you if its paused.

I have uninstalled the game, so I can't test this, but as of 24 hours ago it was not true.

I'm guessing you are either a liar or a troll.

02/26/2013 12:37 AMPosted by DOWNFALL
6 pages of text and over 3 monthes of ranting an op still hasn't learned to use the escape key. heheh

Or both.
02/26/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Gibbousmoon
all you have to do is hit esc before you leave... it won't d/c you if its paused.

I have uninstalled the game, so I can't test this, but as of 24 hours ago it was not true.

I'm guessing you are either a liar or a troll.

6 pages of text and over 3 monthes of ranting an op still hasn't learned to use the escape key. heheh

Or both.

You WILL get disconnected even if you pause the game or stay in town.
I've complained about this as well recently on the EU forum. See http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6690469506

It's pretty sad some people can't grasp or respect the fact that the player experience differs on this subject. I agree that it's not unreasonable to extend the idle time to an hour.
I see they patched the game recently. Any change, or does Activision still kick you out of your paused single-player game after 30 minutes?
<
I actually agree, that this is very annoying. I have to afk sometimes for a duration of *unknown time. The solo play allows for a pause game, so why not let it stay paused without the disconnect. You cant tell me that blizz is payin big bucks for my tiny stream of data during that time.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]