Diablo® III

life steal weapon is amazing

bought my 2 handed mace 2 days ago. must say the results are amazing. reflects no longer a problem. getting healed constantly. no longer need to use acid rain and loh ammy in uber fight.

for all the 2 hand users, get life steal, it will make your gaming experience much much better.
Reply Quote
Amen.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 06:48 AMPosted by DrDisappear
Amen.

lol, just happen to rated you on the critique thread.
Edited by Nerzaa#1863 on 11/14/2012 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't have LS or LoH and do just fine with RD o.O
Reply Quote
RD becomes a bit more of a problem in higher MP's without LS or LoH.
Reply Quote
life steal (even 6%) heals less then what the LOH on a 2 hand can be with the proper talent selection. life steal wont heal through mp10 ubers, loh will.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 07:21 AMPosted by enigma
life steal (even 6%) heals less then what the LOH on a 2 hand can be with the proper talent selection. life steal wont heal through mp10 ubers, loh will.

With that being said you have to play with acid cloud which I don't, and i survive fine on mp10 with LS and a little bit of regen.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/14/2012 07:21 AMPosted by enigma

Yes, but then you have to completely shoot yourself in the foot on damage output. And it doesn't matter if you can heal through MP10 ubers if they enrage before they drop.
Edited by MartinAlvito#1712 on 11/14/2012 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
While the ls on manajumas is nice, I'd have to question if the doubled ls on a skorn or other 2 hander would make all that much difference.

Maybe it is easier for you with your lower dmg output? I don't mean that as an insult, but I know at 140k+ unbuffed, 2.90 is not nearly enough to battle reflect comfortably (though it's still certainly doable if you play carefully and intelligently). I can't imagine ubers being that much better with it either.

At the moment, I run mp7 ubers with the people I play with and the RoT/Acid Cloud/LoH route seems vastly superior in terms of tanking. So much so that I'm actually the one that generally lures siege away while my monk buddies are kind enough to mess Kulle up and I don't have to screw with time bubbles :P Also, with 2k LoH and 600+ all res, I can confirm you can stand in Ghoms acid cloud at this level and take no damage so long as Rakanoth is kept busy. Your party's dps output is important though. Can't sack too much dps for pure defense.
Reply Quote
On MP7-9 ubers with a 5.3 LS Skorn im able to stand in acid/eat swarms with my stats. theres a huge difference between 2.* and 5.* LS. As far as dealing with reflect that makes all the difference in the world.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 07:46 AMPosted by DrDisappear
On MP7-9 ubers with a 5.3 LS Skorn im able to stand in acid/eat swarms with my stats. theres a huge difference between 2.* and 5.* LS. As far as dealing with reflect that makes all the difference in the world.

I guess this may be the one area where if you're going ls, slow attack speed is preferable for ubers. I imagine you can keep up a constant stream of bears with few mana difficulties? That being said, I prefer much higher attack/reaction speed in any other setting. Friend of mine lent me an int Skorn to play around with and I honestly found it painfully slow and dull after going 1 hander/offhand for so long ._.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 07:39 AMPosted by RPRNoNsum
Maybe it is easier for you with your lower dmg output? I don't mean that as an insult, but I know at 140k+ unbuffed, 2.90 is not nearly enough to battle reflect comfortably (though it's still certainly doable if you play carefully and intelligently). I can't imagine ubers being that much better with it either.

i don't think that's the case. my bears crit from 800k-1.2m. dead rush crits 1.5-2m. and 5.7% life steal keeps me healed.

i can stand in ghom fart and bear spam both to death while my perma wizard friend keep them stuned. of course i can't tank their hits with ls, that's just impossible with my defensive stats.

so i'd say the doubled ls on 2 hand makes a huge difference.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Nerzaa

i don't think that's the case. my bears crit from 800k-1.2m. dead rush crits 1.5-2m. and 5.7% life steal keeps me healed.

i can stand in ghom fart and bear spam both to death while my perma wizard friend keep them stuned. of course i can't tank their hits with ls, that's just impossible with my defensive stats.

so i'd say the doubled ls on 2 hand makes a huge difference.

I see. Will definitely need to try it out sometime.
Reply Quote
I too had to drop to a lower dps knife with both LS and LoH to handle reflect dmg. with my other higher dps knife and only LoH i would pretty much 1shot myself dead with a cast of my bears.
Reply Quote
I have a 5% LS Skorn and just over 100K unbuffed DPS, just under 800 Res, just under 4K Armor, and 40K HP. Reflects was KILLING me on MP5. Yesterday I was asked to do an MP6 Uber run though so I switched to both Bad Medicine and Jungle Fortitude (previously I was using either one or the other, or neither).

The result: Reflects does almost nothing to me, and that was on MP6 which I don't normally play.
Reply Quote
Life steal is vastly superior than life on hit, because all your LoH skills has very low damage. Bear has the best damage and also the best skill for life steal. There is a HUGE different between 5% life steal and 3% life steal. You can tank everything with >5% life steal in high mp level.
The best case is you have both >5% life steal and > 1000 life on hit. This way you can go up directly to MP10. When you use horrify adding armor rune and spirit walk, just bear, you life should always full. After horrify adding armor rune disappear, use acid cloud (high LoH), wait to use horrify again. In this way, you can tank almost everything up to MP10 if combined with jungle fortitude and/or bad medicine.
Reply Quote
Life steal is vastly superior than life on hit, because all your LoH skills has very low damage. Bear has the best damage and also the best skill for life steal. There is a HUGE different between 5% life steal and 3% life steal. You can tank everything with >5% life steal in high mp level.
The best case is you have both >5% life steal and > 1000 life on hit. This way you can go up directly to MP10. When you use horrify adding armor rune and spirit walk, just bear, you life should always full. After horrify adding armor rune disappear, use acid cloud (high LoH), wait to use horrify again. In this way, you can tank almost everything up to MP10 if combined with jungle fortitude and/or bad medicine.

Yeah bear dmg is unquestionably higher than cloud dmg. That's why I'm very interested in trying a ls skorn now, specifically for ubers, because if I tank as good with that on using bears as I do Loh AC, then there really is no reason not to go that route, at least for ubers. Losing so much CC on offhand sucks though x.x I'd need to upgrade my Tal's with CC for sure to compensate. Maybe swap out innas with my blackthorns additionally.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 11/14/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 09:48 AMPosted by RPRNoNsum
Losing so much CC on offhand sucks though x.x I'd need to upgrade my Tal's with CC for sure to compensate. Maybe swap out innas with my blackthorns additionally.

don't forget the cc you lost will be partly compensated with %dmg boost items from higher dmg range from skorn. to put that into perspective, quick example using drdisappear's skorn. equiping his skorn would be equvalent of adding min 97.6 and max 22.1 dmg on ur ring at the expense of 8.5cc.
Reply Quote
I do believe lifesteal makes life a lot easier. But i also believe that lifesteal makes weapon a lot more expensive T-T
Reply Quote
Nerzaa how much did that Doom Hammer cost you? I'm looking to get something similar eventually.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]