Diablo® III

Life Steal bug or problem?? Help

Hey everyone,

I play barb
Now today I got 2 weapons 1hand and wear them I used the whirlwind+sprint build
The probelm is before that I had 2hand weapon and had in stats 12% Life Steal and everything were working like charm will I played when I got the 2weapons 1 hand I had 9% life steal in stats and got 20k more dmg = more dmg more life steal
so where I went to same places I was with the old !@#$ty 2hand I just non stop die..Its was looks like the life steal dont even steal or working

anyone advices or help?
Edited by Rekk#2754 on 11/14/2012 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
This formula is for inferno

DMG * 0.2 (inferno) * 0.09 (your life steal)

DMG (your previous) * 0.2 (inferno) * 0.12 (your previous life steal)

Don't forget that your are slower with a 2hand weapon. Maybe your have some stats or abilities that are more lifesaving with 2 1hand weapons.
Edited by Tschakaa#2407 on 11/14/2012 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
The weapons alternate when you whirl.

If you watch the attacks per second, (if yours are different speeds) and you start to spin, you will notice they alternate.

So, if one weapon is 700 dps and the other is 500, although it adds more paper dps, it might not affect the life steal like you think.

Instead of hitting for a large critical hit (like 300k) with your two hander, your hitting much smaller hits (30-40k maybe?). Life steal works better, not with paper dps, but with larger hits.

Most whirl barbs don't even consider life steal viable until they reach 150k dps on paper. Stick with Life on hit with Whirl Wind until you reach a higher dps. Aim for 1200 Life on hit and you should be okay for now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]