Diablo® III

New Hall of Godly Barbarians US server

90 Worgen Druid
Hey Celanian. Almost got something that you can calc quick with but am missing exactly how Elemental Damage is factored in. Here are my calculations for Google337:

DPS Score: 222.86702725
EHP Score: 79.585
Sustain Score: 1.3258413577982
Move Score: 1.24
Paragon Score: 1.405
Misc Score: 1.03

Hall Score: 42199.1630003
Baller's questions showed me a slight flaw with my formula for those with >1M EHP. It was possible to increase HP and have your overall score get lower if it didn't push your EHP past a breakpoint. For someone like Baller who had 2.2M EHP, he wasn't getting credit for the EHP past 2M, but was getting penalized for higher HP in the sustain score.

Effective immediately, I have changed the formula to a soft breakpoint instead of a hard breakpoint. The EHP_score will be changed to:

EHP <1M = EHP/10,000
1M-2M = 100 + (EHP-1M)/20,000
2M-5M = 150 + (EHP-2M)/40,000
>5M = 225 + (EHP-5M)/100,000

This will ensure that every EHP counts and that nobody gets penalized for having higher HP.

This change only affects people with >1M EHP. For current members of the Hall, that would be Baller and GeoM3e. I've adjusted their scores in the 2nd post of this thread.

Anyone who had an EHP>1M can request a recalc from me.
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 10/27/2012 7:23 PM PDT
Nice. I'm AFK at the moment, possible to recalculate my score? I believe you did it with an axe in my profile, not my mace.
Hey Celanian. Almost got something that you can calc quick with but am missing exactly how Elemental Damage is factored in. Here are my calculations for Google337:

DPS Score: 222.86702725
EHP Score: 79.585
Sustain Score: 1.3258413577982
Move Score: 1.24
Paragon Score: 1.405
Misc Score: 1.03

Hall Score: 42199.1630003

I think the issue is the sustain score. I'm using the net DPS after elemental damage and after elite bonuses are taken into account before multiplying by LS. Also I had a data entry error for his DPS. I put in 182,187 instead of 182,827. Your current DPS score is correct, but the sustain score should be 1.367

Google's correct score should be 43,509

Please note that I've made a change to the EHP_score to soft breakpoints instead of hard breakpoints. The old score allowed for an odd situation where it was possible to lower your overall score by increasing HP at high EHP levels.
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 10/27/2012 7:31 PM PDT
10/27/2012 07:11 PMPosted by acrimony
Nice. I'm AFK at the moment, possible to recalculate my score? I believe you did it with an axe in my profile, not my mace.

Your score increased slightly from 35,079 to 35,811
Damn did they increase the time it took to update profiles? Got a new wep earlier today but profile still has not updated :(
I went and redid Nikeboy1984's score since he was at 2.99M EHP and would have the most to gain from the change in formula. His new score is 19,658 which is close but not quite enough to make the cut.
90 Worgen Druid
Awesome, Calanian. I'll try to get a usable version up in the next hour.
View profile
10/27/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Celanian
I went and redid Nikeboy1984's score since he was at 2.99M EHP and would have the most to gain from the change in formula. His new score is 19,658 which is close but not quite enough to make the cut.

@Celanian - no worries mate thanks for the re-computation, btw will it make a difference if i can get my ehp to 3m?

i can actually drop it to 2m to add a lot of dps, ms (lacuni) and some LS belt and see how it goes, ill let you know when my barbs needs to be recomputed.
Your stormshield aint far behind man, just need to get that crit up!

I need some Ward's like yours though, im still rockin ones without vit.

@BALLER - Nice Godly S&B man!! probably the best ive seen in this forum so far :D

Thanks man! I appreciate it. Your S&B is way sick as well.... I need to get me some shoulder like the ones your rockin
10/27/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Veincane
Awesome, Calanian. I'll try to get a usable version up in the next hour.

I don't know if your app can handle it, but +elem damage is counted full only if no weapons have inherent elemental damage. It is counted at 1/2 value if any weapons have inherent elemental damage. This isn't something that is summarized at the left of DP's profile page but has to be eyeballed.

If your app can't handle it, then I'm inclined to change the formula to add full +elem damage no matter what just to make all our lives easier. Most people who have +elem damage use "black" weapons anyway.

If this thread proves popular enough, I might create formulas for the other classes. Would you be interested in creating apps for the other classes as well?
Calanian,

Thanks again man, you got me motivated to keep the upgrades coming in. I am sure I speak for everyone and really appreciate you taking the time to do this!

(DP needs to input reduced damage to elites :))

You're the man!

-Baller
View profile
10/27/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984

@Celanian - no worries mate thanks for the re-computation, btw will it make a difference if i can get my ehp to 3m?

i can actually drop it to 2m to add a lot of dps, ms (lacuni) and some LS belt and see how it goes, ill let you know when my barbs needs to be recomputed.

alright i just changed my no STR crit mempo to a HIGH STR/VIT mempo, it should boost my RAW DPS to around 86-87K, while maintaining my 3M EHP and my favourite justice lantern ring (sorry i just dont want to remove the justice lantern i have a goal to reach 100k raw dps while having 45% block chance).

Still waiting to update diabloprogress, will advise soon :P
Celanian,

I'd be interested to see how my score changed with the Inna's Temperance that dropped for me yesterday (I had to do some rejigging around vit for it etc).

Profile and Diablo progress have now updated (Hawkeye#1335).

Thanks again for this thread. Great stuff. :-)
90 Worgen Druid
I don't know if your app can handle it, but +elem damage is counted full only if no weapons have inherent elemental damage. It is counted at 1/2 value if any weapons have inherent elemental damage. This isn't something that is summarized at the left of DP's profile page but has to be eyeballed.

If your app can't handle it, then I'm inclined to change the formula to add full +elem damage no matter what just to make all our lives easier. Most people who have +elem damage use "black" weapons anyway.

If this thread proves popular enough, I might create formulas for the other classes. Would you be interested in creating apps for the other classes as well?

I'm still not 100% sure how elemental damage is calculated; largely because I have been drinking for about 8 hours. I am now calculating Google337 correctly at least, though. I'll probably have a better chance to take a look at it Monday. I should be able to handle calculating stuff based on weapons. The Diablo Progress source code does not include the tooltips (it's handled in JavaScipt somewhere), but I should be able to query the actual D3 Armory for that weapon information.

Anyway, I have an extremely ugly version up. Right now, it's just a temp black and white box with a simple output. I'll make it so it doesn't look awful once I'm sure I have your formula correct. I can also add in the ability to track the scores which might be neat since we could then allow sorting based on sub-scores as well as overall hall score instead of being limited to you updating a reply in this thread.

You can check out this extremely beta and probably incorrect version at http://d3calc.p5dev.com/ Hopefully, my cheap hosting can handle it. I'll move it somewhere more sustainable once it's complete.

By the way, you all embarrass me: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tomaka-1761/Tomaka/1545571. My Score? 2,834 :|
@Hawkeye 14,893 (You got a significant boost in dps, but you had to trade out the xp gem for vit gem to maintain your ehp. Also, your sustain dropped a bit)

@Veincain

I checked a few people. The app is generally working, but reduced damage vs range isn't accounted for. Also if your app can get the info, can you incorporate reduced damage vs elites into the misc score?
90 Worgen Druid
The small subset of profiles I checked did not have reduced damage vs range on the side. Do you have a sample profile I could use for this?

The same goes for reduced damage vs elites. If you have a profile sample and tell me how you want it incorporated, it's trivial if it's on the side bar. If it is not on the side bar, I cannot do it yet (although it's [probably still very possible).
Try Nikeboy1984. He has reduced vs range and reduced vs elites. Unfortunately, reduced vs elites isn't at the side bar which is why it wasn't included in my original formula. His score should be 19,658 under the current formula, but your app has 19,192.
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 10/27/2012 10:53 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
Missile Damage Reduction is now calculated.

I'll have to look at calculating stuff outside of the sidebar (elemental on weapon automatically and reduced vs elites) sometime at the beginning of next week.
Awesome! Your app seems to be working.

@Everyone

If you want to check your score without having to wait for me, just use Veincane's app. You can self report your score in this thread. I will doublecheck any scores that make the cut before entering names on the list.

I will also have a policy that if you are on the list but your score drops in a future calc, you won't be penalized. That way you can change out your gear and try different specs without worries. The exception will be if your score changes by a huge amount such as if you decide to sell your character or at least most of the good gear.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]