Diablo® III

Nekarat the Keywarden

10/28/2012 01:37 PMPosted by CyberGoat
All elemental damage from monsters needs to be toned down.

Total BS (In my humble opinion).

10/28/2012 01:37 PMPosted by CyberGoat
Additionally, the Keywarden fights shouldn't spawn in anything but Inferno MPX games. You should not have to casually encounter them as you progress through the quests.

Agreed whole-heartedly.
Reply Quote
just open the console and type IDDQD
Reply Quote
Hmmm i just started D3 (played d2 alot back in the day) and i can´t get my lvl 31 barb to kill Nekarat .I haven´t died once up til this character and after wiping 10-12 times i got sick of him
the worst thing is when i finally think i have him he restores All his health and i can start over
ps took advice of the other Barb earlier in thread and bypassed him and killed diablo without even thinking about using a pot

IS that 4 real blizz ?
Reply Quote
that's call unbalance and BETA game.
Reply Quote
Hmmm i just started D3 (played d2 alot back in the day) and i can´t get my lvl 31 barb to kill Nekarat .I haven´t died once up til this character and after wiping 10-12 times i got sick of him
the worst thing is when i finally think i have him he restores All his health and i can start over
ps took advice of the other Barb earlier in thread and bypassed him and killed diablo without even thinking about using a pot

IS that 4 real blizz ?

He can heal?..
Edited by hampster#1586 on 11/16/2012 8:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
In my opinion, which keywarden is easiest vs hardest completely changes based on whether a melee or ranged character is fighting.

Act 1 Keywarden - pretty easy for both
Act 2 Keywarden - cake for melee, harder for ranged
Act 3 Keywarden - hard for melee, easier for ranged (after nerf, easy for all)
Act 4 Keywarden - VERY hard for melee - simple for ranged as you can avoid the fire
Reply Quote
I'm accustomed to running mp9 when I run keys - so when a friend asked me to help him get the plan in act 4, I did mp9 out of habit.

I haven't seen a death timer that long since 1.0.2

With 55k life and 1200 all resist, the fire attack instakills. Even in archon form with nearly 6k armor and 1500 all resists, I still got instakilled. It took nearly 10 minutes to kill him while slowly picking away at his life between instaslays.

That mob would be downright scary in hardcore. With the significantly reduced access to gear, I can easily see him killing an mp0 hardcore that doesn't expect him.
Reply Quote
At the launch of 1.05, both the A3 keywarden and the A4 keywarden were grossly overpowered.

The A3 keywarden was toned down because he effected everyone and was slightly stronger than the A4 keywarden regardless.

Unfortunately the A4 keywarden never got fixed because the majority of the player base never plays A4, and the one-time nature of his drop means that outcry concerning his power level was very muted. While that's all fine and dandy for softcore, it leaves hardcore f****d. You have to go thru A4 three times every time you make a new character, and each time you pass thru A4 this guy is still just as overpowered as he was when the game launched. It really is unfair for HC players.
Reply Quote
The secret to defeat Act 4's Keywarden is to make his HP go to 0 before he makes yours.

Ever since I noticed that I started to die a lot less.
Reply Quote
huh I got the plans from him the first time i killed him. Wasn't to hard. Though i'm not able to get any keys from the a2 and a3 keywardens. Only a1 drops keys for me....
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 08:55 AMPosted by tameraine
huh I got the plans from him the first time i killed him. Wasn't to hard. Though i'm not able to get any keys from the a2 and a3 keywardens. Only a1 drops keys for me....

I can kill him at mp4 max..what mp do you play on?
Reply Quote
He is tough. Thank god I got the plan.
Actually he is doable. Just keep away from him. I was using CM/WW+Archon for him. CM/WW never works, he will just one shot you with his fire.
But once get away from him. He can be burned down by archon beam (teleport away when he get you)
Act 2 is also tough. The reason is his spin attack does not stop even after frozen. Just unreasonable
Reply Quote
i just died to him and i dont know what that fire !@#$ was
Reply Quote
The secret to defeat Act 4's Keywarden is to make his HP go to 0 before he makes yours.

Ever since I noticed that I started to die a lot less.
This is wisdom.^

Monk nightmare, regular gems, crafted 47 sword.
At first I tried to defend. Had big LoH, large hp and focus heal and spirit. Sure I lived enough to escape maybe.

I switched to all dex, rubysocket dualwield and picked pandemonium seven-sided strike which stuns 7sec 25% chance each hit and owerawe conviction. Almost killed me anyway.
If I'd done it perfect, I'd waited with the seven-sided a few sec, maybe 5-10 into the fight. Because in the beginning it doesn't do much. Then it starts leechhitting and then at some point it's the fire-aoe.
Reply Quote
THX to this unfair glitch i lost my HC as well, guess 24k life 70% dmg reduce and 5k dps r not enough 4 nightmare dif.(Barb)
i did not know about this glitch cause i did not read all forum posts in the world, so i guess its my stupidness and my fault so i am now sitting in the corner and cry like a baby.

who ever wants to cry with me...i need someone to cuddle now...i hate u blizz, u r dead 4 me now....

is here anyone that can teach me how to listen to other ppl? they said d3 was crap and still is crap(cause of this HC act 4 "not surviveable" glitch) and i said , "no its fun now"...why am i so stupid...pls blizz dont nerv this mob cause now we all play torchlight( its from the d2 ex-blizz ppl)!

dying from stupidnes is ok but not of glitches...

enough crying from me i have no tissues left...
thank u blizz u make the rl better cause ur games suck more than rl now!
now can somebody hug me already?...

oh well...to those range class players here...pls shut up...its not a do more dps than him mop, u dont have a chance except u r 20lv over him...my gear was the best u could get in this lvl(50)...so just shut up!i did 20k hits and it was not enough.
so pls range class players just shut up!

me->crying->corner!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]