Diablo® III

Class-specific items will now drop more often

That what in 1.0.5 notes. Doesn't really work for me.

I respect RNG, and I laugh. Went to try monk's legendary fist and head thing, just have found playing DH, and ... windforce, mighty belt.

2 wiz staffs, 3 wiz hats (59 lvl), Tal Rasha, Inna, 2 mighty belts, 2 axes - all playing DH.

Items drop, I enjoy that column of light. Wish to get "Class-specific items will now drop more often"

Looks like its time to play wiz and develop wd for me to get dressed up my DH.
Reply Quote
less forums, more english lessons please :)
Reply Quote
That what in 1.0.5 notes. Doesn't really work for me.

I respect RNG, and I laugh. Went to try monk's legendary fist and head thing, just have found playing DH, and ... windforce, mighty belt.

2 wiz staffs, 3 wiz hats (59 lvl), Tal Rasha, Inna, 2 mighty belts, 2 axes - all playing DH.

Items drop, I enjoy that column of light. Wish to get "Class-specific items will now drop more often"

Looks like its time to play wiz and develop wd for me to get dressed up my DH.

You are mis-interpreting the change. At no time have they made any claim that a class-specific item relevant to the class being played will be dropped. It means less generic class items and more one-class only items.
And that's what you are seeing, more Wiz gear. More Monk gear. More Barb gear. There is (still) only a 1/5 chance that the class-specific item will be relevant to the class you are currently playing.
If you get 20 class-specific items in a run, you would 'hope' that 3-5 would be relevant to your class but RNG is RNG, some runs you may get none, other runs you may get 8-10.

But your conclusion is valid - you should diversify and roll another class.
+Edit+ Profile check - you should 'play' your other classes more.
Edited by smurfynz#6632 on 10/28/2012 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
...less generic class items and more one-class only items.

Thanks for the explanation, make sense now.
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 06:39 PMPosted by PIEMAN
less forums, more english lessons please :)

Do you feel good now?
Reply Quote
i'll be happy if it leads to well constructed forum posts :)
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 07:22 PMPosted by PIEMAN
i'll be happy if it leads to well constructed forum posts :)

Your constructive input is welcomed
Reply Quote
same for me. i play monk, drops all str and int gear, ever on generic items. A barb fren on the other hand kept getting DEX.

RNG? as i said to anon, it means RAWR no good.
Reply Quote
Well as a barb I tend to luck out mostly with class specific gear, even sometimes when I don't need it. In the space of two days I found 3 Ageless Might drops this week, quite funny!

It sometimes helps having a character of each class and personally for me I get more joy holding onto my items than selling them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]