Diablo® III

CM/WW DPS Tests and Observations

1.) frost nova
2.) diamond skin
3.) time shell

we could list Tornado as well as it regenerates a ton of hitpoints in case you've got LOH on items
Reply Quote
awesome post, thanks for all those testing.

I wondered about meteo - i.e. swap out teleport or slow time for meteo.
Reply Quote
Has anyone tested the influence of attack speed and crit chance on effective SNS dps ? I think the damage scales better with crit chance than with ASP.

I'm asking this because when i tested chantodo (1.79, 1259dps) vs slorak (899dps, 200cd, 6% to ET) on ghom mp8, i had much faster times with slorak (46s vs 58s) despite having the same paper dps (~125k). I think 6% crit to ET matter but i thought higher attck speed breakpoint would compensate.
Reply Quote
tested chantodo (1.79, 1259dps) vs slorak (899dps, 200cd, 6% to ET) ... having the same paper dps (~125k)

you're sure? i'd assume the slorak should display a lot more damage in the char sheet.
Reply Quote
i was using a crit dmg amulet with chantodo and an asp one with slorak (+ bonus int with chantodo), so the paper dps were about the same. I can't test it anymore since i sold both weapons - 400M chantodo 100M slorak :) - for a high speed lifesteal black weap. Maybe if someone with high asp chantodo can replace it with a good slorak and test the dps.
Reply Quote
depending on the gear molten impact outperforms time shell even against single targets. thats my observation using my gear. but the cost is less defense and also a bit less dmg dealt by your possible party members. it's a tough call but definately a great choice. caution: it'll require more skill as you need the proper timing casting meteors and maintaining perma-freeze.going with prism and casting wicked wind now and then almost enables spamming meteor unlimited. but you wont perma-freeze single targets anymore and then the enemies wont always be under the effect of frost nova (15%dmg buff from rune, 20% from cold blooded)and it happens that they move out of the AoE.still i feel like going with the correct MP-level and party set up it's kickass going with meteor.

I believe the extra damage provided by meteor/molten is enough to over look perma freeze on mp7-8. Packs won't last very long (10-20sec) if you have 150k+ sheet dps.
Reply Quote
the crit chance bonus on et does help a lot, i used it when i was under 2.51 atk spd
Reply Quote
Good use of Time Warp Rune can match Glass Cannon DPS output assuming you can give up Teleport. And its a party buff. Pretty awesome there.

Stretch Time gives a party buff, very cool in cooperate with a monk´s mantra IAS! easy then to break the next threchold!
But does Time Wrap Rune really do? there is no ican and no information about that. anyone has tested it?
Both are very helpful fighting Maghda, because it slows her flies
Reply Quote
I was thinking, which is better for ubers/perma freezing.

frozen storm + ice armor or storm armor? (ie: does storm armor proc/help perma freezing) or will frozen storm help more instead (cos 2 targets)?

right now my standard build for ubers (mp8/9) is

ww
primatic armor (or pinpoint).
crystal shell
bone chill (the other cm/ww runs coldsnap)
chain reaction (or shortfuse)
stretchtime

conflagration+firewalkers (for party bonus)
evocation
cm

but I'm wondering if i'm playing it too safe and can afford to get riskier.. the only fight of any risk of death is magda. and slowtime bunching up the butterflies makes me think i can't afford to lose prismatic/crystal shell
Reply Quote
I play my CM Wiz nearly the same way...
I use a Chantodo's Will 1,79 ApS and +68% IAS (=3,0072) to get over the 3.001 Breakpoint.

If I´m going for uber i use pinpoint, coldsnap and evocation (CC with pinpoint is 50.50%)
that´s the way i really permafreeze (Frostnova's cooldown is reduced from 12s to 7.65s)
and its some kind of overdone.

If you wanna go more offensive I need to know your unbuffed Attackspeed and your CritChace

Edit: StormArmor doesn´t proc!
Edited by lolesch#2327 on 11/14/2012 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
being offensive isnt just about as and cc, its also about armor and ar
Reply Quote
Tremedous work, holyfork. Ty so much.
Reply Quote
It'd be good to get a test using the MW spec that Shand made a post about. It seems to be a ton of dps and might be the top of this list.
Reply Quote
But wouldn't it perform poorly, since this thread is about single-target tanking on Ghom? My understanding is that you wouldn't be gaining the amazing benefit of Electrify from hitting multiple enemies. Rather I'd think it'd just be the base +10% damage bonus from Magic Weapon.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 11/26/2012 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 03:27 PMPosted by TekkZero
But wouldn't it perform poorly, since this thread is about single-target tanking on Ghom? My understanding is that you wouldn't be gaining the amazing benefit of Electrify from hitting multiple enemies. Rather I'd think it'd just be the base +10% damage bonus from Magic Weapon.

You're smarter than you look. Or i'm dumber than I look. Or a mixture of both.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 03:27 PMPosted by TekkZero

You're right, it'd just show up as 10% dps increase for any single target test.
Reply Quote
I love you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]