Diablo® III

how to get back sold item..

sold to vender and i log out....
Reply Quote
You can't, sorry.
Reply Quote
Find it again by killing monsters. Good luck.
Reply Quote
Not possible, it's gone.
Reply Quote
People need to be more careful
Reply Quote
Community Manager
While the buyback option is a great tool for recovering items sold to a vendor, it will only display the 12 most recently-sold items and will clear out whenever your character leaves a game. As other players have noted, sold items that no longer appear on the Buyback tab are no longer available and cannot be recovered. (You can learn a bit more about our restoration policy for Diablo III here.)

I know it sucks to lose something you were intending to sell on the auction house or even wear yourself, but there are many, many items to be found in Diablo III. Who knows, though? Maybe an even better item will drop for you soon! :)
Edited by Lylirra on 11/6/2012 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think the item did not lost permanently. All you need to do is to find the goblin that "steal" that "lost" item from merchant.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
hold the merchant's family for ransom?
Reply Quote
While the buyback option is a great tool for recovering items sold to a vendor, it will only display the 12 most recently-sold items and will clear out whenever your character leaves a game. As other players have noted, sold items that no longer appear on the Buyback tab are permanently lost and cannot be recovered. (You can learn a bit more about our restoration policy for Diablo III [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-restorations"]here[/url].)

I know it sucks to lose something you were intending to sell on the auction house or even wear yourself, but there are many, many items to be found in Diablo III. Who knows, though? Maybe an even better item will drop for you soon! :)

99% of the stuff I find is garbage. I've played 500 hours on 1 character and I have yet to find anything worth over 100m.

The buyback tab should still have the items you sell after logging out or closing the game. This would solve a lot of issues players have with this system and save a lot of heartache when you accidentally sell something and disconnect.
Reply Quote
just get over it and move on guys. It also happened to me back then i sold a good roll shoulders thats worth around 20mil ( it happened that i was switching mf gear). i only noticed i was missing somethin when i looked at my stats , i know it sux but i just keep on hunting and there i found my own vile ward with MF on it
Reply Quote
While the buyback option is a great tool for recovering items sold to a vendor, it will only display the 12 most recently-sold items and will clear out whenever your character leaves a game. As other players have noted, sold items that no longer appear on the Buyback tab are permanently lost and cannot be recovered. (You can learn a bit more about our restoration policy for Diablo III [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-restorations"]here[/url].)

How about having the QA team work on a fix for this ? Something like an item lock players have been suggesting. Selling an item to a vendor thats worth millions is the players mistake for the most part, however, there should be some safety guard against it. Its just wrong when it happens.

Especially since the items are worth real money. Its not a something to joke about. Ya, something great might drop to replace it soon buuuut, most likely it will take 30-50 hours or so to farm something as good to replace it (assuming it was a valuable item). Plus, even if something great does drop, the poster should have had both.
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/1/2012 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Lylirra

typical blizzard employee! "soon". still hurts to see that
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/01/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Fyle
How about having the QA team work on a fix for this ? Something like an item lock players have been suggesting. Selling an item to a vendor thats worth millions is the players mistake for the most part, however, there should be some safety guard against it. Its just wrong when it happens.

The safeguard is the Buyback tab itself. We wouldn't have added the feature if not for the understanding that mistakes sometimes happen. Even so, there is a certain level of responsibility on the player when it comes to managing your inventory, and it's always a good idea to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor.

That said, I'm happy to relay on the feedback regarding a larger Buyback tab. We've actually already discussed the possibility of adding in some sort of "item-lock" system and, while we still feel that players should be mindful of what they're selling or have sold to a vendor before switching games, we haven't ruled out the idea completely.
Reply Quote
I think that good solution is, to create more place in sell-vendor/buy-vendor/trade inventory. You can get 30-40 items, but problem is that in D2, you could put all your items of your inventory into trade/sell/buy window. 40 vs 40 pieces of items.

This UI shouldnt be wowified as it is now, because when player wants trade more than 6 items (they can, because you have more than 6 items in your inventory), he should be allowed, to sell all items together.
Edited by zobudeny#2800 on 11/1/2012 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i lost $100 by vendoring a godly dead mans legacy,
260+dex
250+vit
max ias
max cc
max hatred regen
max hungering arrow dml

stupid me accidentally right clicked on a spear and forgot that my bow AND my Quiver comes off.

called blizz and same answer as everyone else... NOTHING THEY CAN DO.

ITEM LOCK PLEASE...

i worked hard for that dml.
Edited by oreoblizzard#1925 on 11/1/2012 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Lylirra

The safeguard is the Buyback tab itself. We wouldn't have added the feature if not for the understanding that mistakes sometimes happen. Even so, there is a certain level of responsibility on the player when it comes to managing your inventory, and it's always a good idea to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor.

That said, I'm happy to relay on the feedback regarding a larger Buyback tab. We've actually already discussed the possibility of adding in some sort of "item-lock" system and, while we still feel that players should be mindful of what they're selling or have sold to a vendor before switching games, we haven't ruled out the idea completely.

Well you see this wouldn't be as big of an issue if you guys had an "Identify Items" feature. I think this happens when people are identifying their items and they accidentally right click an item twice which swaps it for their gear. Then when they realized everything they IDed is garbage, they unload everything in their inventory before realizing that they just vendored their SOJ that was worth 500 mil. I've never made this mistake, but I could see it happening very easily. I mean could you imagine if this hapened to one of the top DPS players in the world who have every item worth over a billlion? That's basically throwing $500 away, just because you guys don't have an Identify Items, or Lock Items button.

I don't see what the big deal is with putting in BOTH identify items button and an option to lock your gear. When you create a game w/ RMAH, our gear has real monetary value. You guys should be providing multiple ways to secure our gear, not just say "Buck up, sissy. You might find something better!"... Tell that to the guy who vendored a 1300 DPS 290 dex 2 socket manticore (I didn't do this obvously, but it could happen!)
Reply Quote
Blizz, you guys should have a notification on if we are SURE we would like to vendor this "Legendary" Item...

just like how we freaking salvage rares for crying out loud!
Reply Quote
good lord..the buy back feature should be enough... no wonder blizz thinks we are a bunch of retards.. lol
Edited by bobbyhill#1423 on 11/1/2012 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz, you guys should have a notification on if we are SURE we would like to vendor this "Legendary" Item...

just like how we freaking salvage rares for crying out loud!

The confirmation on salvage is there because salvage is irreversible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]