Diablo® III

how to get back sold item..

How about having the QA team work on a fix for this ? Something like an item lock players have been suggesting. Selling an item to a vendor thats worth millions is the players mistake for the most part, however, there should be some safety guard against it. Its just wrong when it happens.

The safeguard is the Buyback tab itself. We wouldn't have added the feature if not for the understanding that mistakes sometimes happen. Even so, there is a certain level of responsibility on the player when it comes to managing your inventory, and it's always a good idea to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor.

That said, I'm happy to relay on the feedback regarding a larger Buyback tab. We've actually already discussed the possibility of adding in some sort of "item-lock" system and, while we still feel that players should be mindful of what they're selling or have sold to a vendor before switching games, we haven't ruled out the idea completely.

Maybe you could put a "warning", much like the alert when trying to salvage rare items or legendary items. The warning would be "You're attempting to sell a recently equipped item. Proceed or cancel?".
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 11/1/2012 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They made this system idiot proof. They just need to make it retard proof. When that isn't enough they need to make a safeguard for people somehow playing D3 in a coma.
Reply Quote
Here is the solution: Lock the equipped items while vendoring.
Reply Quote

Maybe you could put a "warning", much like the alert when trying to salvage rare items or legendary items. The warning would be "You're attempting to sell a recently equipped item. Proceed or cancel?".

This is a good idea too.

A lock system would be best.
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/1/2012 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/01/2012 08:32 PMPosted by DoomBringer

I can certainly pass on that feedback, too (but I'm thinking it might be more reasonable to have the warning dialogue appear under similar conditions to salvaging, just for the sake of consistency).

Just some things to keep in mind, because these are the questions we ask ourselves when reviewing feedback:

- Should the warning dialogue only appear when selling an item that's been equipped? What about the items that players just want to sell and haven't equipped?

- Or should the warning dialogue appear whenever selling an item of a certain quality level? If so, what quality level is appropriate? Should it apply to only Rares and Legendaries? Or should it apply to all magical items?

- If the warning dialogue appears when selling all magical items, would that then become tedious for players who farm a lot? If so, which is more valuable to the player: having a warning dialogue in addition to the Buyback option or having a quick way to empty their inventory?

- In other games that have warning dialogue and a Buyback tab, many players still mistakenly sell their items, so will adding it to Diablo III actually provide a better experience?

There are several more things we need to consider in addition to what I listed above, but I think you get the gist. :)
Reply Quote
To those who don't know: If one of the items you sold is not on the buyback tab just keep buying the ones shown, eventually the desired item will reappear on the tab.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 07:34 PMPosted by SCTetra
99% of the stuff I find is garbage. I've played 500 hours on 1 character and I have yet to find anything worth over 100m.

That's like saying "I went through 10,000 lotto tickets, and none of them won a jackpot"
Seriously? REALLY? Your argument is flawed on so many levels.

You should also be aware that "worth over 100m" is an arbitrary valuation. If you were to take this game and list something on March 15th, it wouldn't be "worth over 100m". Items are only "worth" what people are willing and able to pay or trade for them.

Also, I checked out your gear and elite kills. If you've played for "over 500 hours" and have 23k kills, something is wrong. That's about 1 elite ever 90 seconds, and packs count as multiples, not as 1. If you are claiming you've found "nothing good", your gear must have been RMAH.
Reply Quote
Count me as another supporter of bringing back an “Identify Items” all-at-once option. I do believe this problem stems greatly from right-clicking every rare item one-by-one to identify it, possibly leading it to be equipped on a misclick.

While we’re at it, I’d love a weapon swap mechanic again. As a WD, I manually switch to a two-handed lifesteal+LoH weapon when up against Reflect Damage packs and it’s very annoying since I usually run with a ceremonial knife and mojo.
Edited by Septagram#1595 on 11/1/2012 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Count me as another supporter of bringing back an “Identify Items” all-at-once option. I do believe this problem stems greatly from right-clicking every rare item one-by-one to identify it, possibly leading it to be equipped on a misclick.

While we’re at it, I’d love a weapon swap mechanic again. As a WD, I manually switch to a two-handed lifesteal+LoH weapon when up against Reflect Damage packs and it’s very annoying since I usually run with a ceremonial knife and mojo.

Yea seems as if some people definitely want the D2LOD Weapon Swap feature to come back in D3 ;)
Reply Quote

I can certainly pass on that feedback, too (but I'm thinking it might be more reasonable to have the warning dialogue appear under similar conditions to salvaging, just for the sake of consistency).

Just some things to keep in mind, because these are the questions we ask ourselves when reviewing feedback:

- Should the warning dialogue only appear when selling an item that's been equipped? What about the items that players just want to sell and haven't equipped?

- Or should the warning dialogue appear whenever selling an item of a certain quality level? If so, what quality level is appropriate? Should it apply to only Rares and Legendaries? Or should it apply to all magical items?

- If the warning dialogue appears when selling all magical items, would that then become tedious for players who farm a lot? If so, which is more valuable to the player: having a warning dialogue in addition to the Buyback option or having a quick way to empty their inventory?

- In other games that have warning dialogue and a Buyback tab, many players still mistakenly sell their items, so will adding it to Diablo III actually provide a better experience?

There are several more things we need to consider in addition to what I listed above, but I think you get the gist. :)

Fair enough. Thank you for all the replies. To be honest, I only checked this thread out because a blue replied. Now that we have your attention, can i ask a real question?

Why do blues mainly anwser questions that have very little impact on actual gameplay and always answer questions that have almost no meaning as far as gameplay such as threads about -

- a WD costume
- whats your funniest death?
- a D3 rap song
- this thread ( a rare occurance)
- a bug about a clicking noise or something

Players have questions about the future of the game (such as PVP, ladder, HC disconnections)and questions about why key features that made D2 a 10 year hit were removed such as traveling between acts, weapon switch etc. are absent. Howcome questions that can actually be gamebreakers go unanswered.

Either the blues have been told not to answer, aren't told the answers or play a different role than people think.

regards,

Mesa
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/1/2012 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
How about having the QA team work on a fix for this ? Something like an item lock players have been suggesting. Selling an item to a vendor thats worth millions is the players mistake for the most part, however, there should be some safety guard against it. Its just wrong when it happens.

The safeguard is the Buyback tab itself. We wouldn't have added the feature if not for the understanding that mistakes sometimes happen. Even so, there is a certain level of responsibility on the player when it comes to managing your inventory, and it's always a good idea to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor.

That said, I'm happy to relay on the feedback regarding a larger Buyback tab. We've actually already discussed the possibility of adding in some sort of "item-lock" system and, while we still feel that players should be mindful of what they're selling or have sold to a vendor before switching games, we haven't ruled out the idea completely.

YES
ITEM LOCK

YES PLEASE
Reply Quote
add item lock as faster as you can blizzard.... loosing items is frustrant and the system s*cks
Reply Quote
Community Manager
YES
ITEM LOCK

YES PLEASE

Serious question: If there was an item lock feature and you still happened to lose an item because you vendored it and then left the game, how would you feel?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/01/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Fyle
Either the blues have been told not to answer, aren't told the answers or play a different role than people think.

It's probably a combination of the three. :)

We may not always be able to respond to a specific concern for a number of reasons. Sometimes we don't have any information to share, sometimes we're not in a position to comment, and sometimes we want to see how a discussion progresses on its own. Whenever we post in a thread, the conversation will inevitably change, and there are times when it's important that we don't get involved. Usually, when a thread gets a "blue post," it stops being a discussion between players and turns into a some sort of modified Q&A. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not always the best way to get valuable feedback.

Also, we're not just here to talk about gameplay. We're here to engage the community, too, and that involves jumping into threads that are more about chatting and less about relaying information from the development team. (We try to balance both whenever we can.)
Reply Quote
There is only so much the devs can do, I personally would really appreciate an item lock option or at least a way to disable to auto equip when you right click on an item in your inventory, so you cannot accidently equip an item when id'ing a lot of yellows. If after such a feature is added and someone still manages to sell his/her item to the vendor then he/she deserves it.

I believe in improving quality of life ingame but end of the day the onus is on the player to ensure he/she does not do stupid things. As such without an item lock option i am extremely careful when id'ing and vendoring the vendor trash.
Edited by Gorrfang#6487 on 11/1/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
YES
ITEM LOCK

YES PLEASE

Serious question: If there was an item lock feature and you still happened to lose an item because you vendored it and then left the game, how would you feel?

I think people should stop asking blizzard for this and that, and take responsibility.
You sold your item? too bad, you should've paid more attention when you are dealing with millions of gold.. Also people complaining about godly items not dropping to them or crying because they can't do mp5: Isn't finding a godly item after 100 hours of work much more gratifying than finding one every day? Isn't high mp levels supposed to be hard and not for everyone? I get really pissed when blizzard makes the game easier than it already is because a bunch of kids can't get a legendary every single run and say it is a bug.
Reply Quote
YES
ITEM LOCK

YES PLEASE

I would feel stupid, because it would be next to impossible to sell an equipped item if there is a dialogue box coming up saying "Cannot sell item. This item is currently locked"

Or you could make it so we could lock any items we want by say.... shift right clicking it? So it wouldn't only account towards equipped items but anything you choose to lock in your inventory.
Reply Quote
In my opinion the item lock feature should be something like this:

-You Ctrl + Click an item to lock it. (It could be any other combination)
-A lock icon would appear next to the item (similar when you dye items and a vial appears next to it)
-You can't sell that item unless you unlock it using Ctrl + Click again (or a "yes or no" window pops up similar to when you try to salvage an item)
Reply Quote
you have to keep clicking the vendor multiple times. then eventually he will give in and give it back to you. i had this happen before, just keep clicking then he will say "oh alright, here it is take it, leave me alone" and you have to only sell amulets to him other wise it wont work. because all the other stuff are too bulky to carry for him. amulets and rings sell those to him. then he will give you your stuff back.
Reply Quote
I just did this today and it sucked so much, accidentally vendored my amulet, and I dont have the gold to replace it with something similar. What makes me mad is that when you vendor the 12 items and go past it, everything past 13 is lost. Why not make it so if you buy back 12, item 13 appears, and so on.... atleast you can get your item back and then sell back the items you meant to sell...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]