Diablo® III

how to get back sold item..

What would be a good arguement against an item lock? Its hard for me to find one.
Reply Quote
You should be ably to lock skill tab bar, and what your wearing. So you can flick your mouse all over click an not mess anything up. Lock could be optional, and a key combo like alt + backspace.

11/01/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
How about having the QA team work on a fix for this ? Something like an item lock players have been suggesting. Selling an item to a vendor thats worth millions is the players mistake for the most part, however, there should be some safety guard against it. Its just wrong when it happens.

The safeguard is the Buyback tab itself. We wouldn't have added the feature if not for the understanding that mistakes sometimes happen. Even so, there is a certain level of responsibility on the player when it comes to managing your inventory, and it's always a good idea to use caution whenever selling items to a vendor.

That said, I'm happy to relay on the feedback regarding a larger Buyback tab. We've actually already discussed the possibility of adding in some sort of "item-lock" system and, while we still feel that players should be mindful of what they're selling or have sold to a vendor before switching games, we haven't ruled out the idea completely.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just wanted to jump back in and say thank you for all the constructive posts! This particular thread is a great example of what forum discussions can be, and as a result I was able to pass on a lot of detailed feedback to our developers. You guys rock. :)

/respekt knucks
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
Maybe an even better item will drop for you soon!

OP. you have better odds of winning the lotto while being struck by lightning than the above happening.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:23 PMPosted by OnSugarHill
Well you see this wouldn't be as big of an issue if you guys had an "Identify Items" feature. I think this happens when people are identifying their items and they accidentally right click an item twice which swaps it for their gear

This.

I'm not really in any danger because before I start selling items I just ID'd I glance at my DPS - I know immediately if it's wrong.

However, it's a pain.
Reply Quote
11/05/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Kush
You should be ably to lock skill tab bar, and what your wearing. So you can flick your mouse all over click an not mess anything up. Lock could be optional, and a key combo like alt + backspace.

this is already a feature, turn off elective mode once you have your skills set.
Reply Quote
There is no problem with the system... how about someone takes some care when selling/evaluating items! What a novel concept. They even have the buyback system in place to recover if you accidentally sell.
Maybe you should stop playing if you can't handle your inventory?
Reply Quote
common sense will solve this problem.
lol @ op
Reply Quote
Any more confirmation popups added MUST have an option to turn it off or it's just going to piss people off that are trying to rapid sell to get back to farming.
Reply Quote
Who knows, though? Maybe an even better item will drop for you soon! :)

Funny guy.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to jump back in and say thank you for all the constructive posts! This particular thread is a great example of what forum discussions can be, and as a result I was able to pass on a lot of detailed feedback to our developers. You guys rock. :)

/respekt knucks

Just in case this hasnt been mentioned since im just trying to clear out bookmarks and check up on the forums as quick as possible, i would just like to voice my opinion if this has been mentioned, but if not i think it would be a nice feature.

I would like some sort of louder warning sound when equipping gear, or a little pop up of some sort. I have been very careful with switching gear ever since some time in 1.0.3 or 1.0.4 when i vendored my best belt and ring accidentally because i was clearing an entire stash and inventory worth of loot i had collected at the end of the day. The conclusion i came to is that i accidentally equipped some loot i already unIDed and then accidentally sold them.

Ive noticed i still accidentally equip unIDed items just because im trying to get through them as fast as possible and unID them as fast as possible to save time, especially now that yellows are worth looking over again, at one point they were not even worth picking up imo. Thank god my gear is pretty much all legendaries or set items or it would be much easier to accidentally equip something i didnt mean to then sell a good item, then i log for the night, and notice the next day and im screwed :(
Reply Quote
Would appreciate an optional lock feature. Doesnt hurt anybody who doesnt want to use it but when im IDing a whole stash of yellows 10 times an hour, not hard to accidentally right click one too many times.
Reply Quote
Who knows, though? Maybe an even better item will drop for you soon! :)

You've never played D3 have you?
Reply Quote
One of the common reasons people accidentally sold equipped items is because of the lag spike.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]