Diablo® III

how to get back sold item..

Just add a scrollbar or pages in the Buyback tab and problem solved :)
Reply Quote
I vote for item-lock that you click and unclick. Happens sometimes when id-ing rares, accidentally flipflop item with equipped.
Reply Quote
I just think we should be able to lock the items we do want to keep. Thus not be able to sell them.
Edited by RoyalHighnss#1652 on 11/5/2012 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ever seen the Mr. Show sketch where they interview the band Smoosh?

Check it out and pay attention to the advice given by the consultant in the second half of the sketch. Questions don't have to be challenges.

11/05/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Picard
Goodness. Why don't you ask blizzard CMs to level your characters too while you sleep. Don't right click twice when you Identity. Don't sell an item blindly. Problem solved.

So not applicable. Try double clicking when you "Identity" an item. Notice it does nothing.
Edited by Brawl#1201 on 11/5/2012 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi guys, in my opinion, the best and simple solution is:

Add two new items for NPC to sell: the 'Lock' and the 'key'. Player can always purchase the 'Lock' and lock their items whenever they want in the same way they dye their items.
Items locked cann't by sold, traded, dropped or salvaged. If you want to sell, trade, drop or salvage the locked item, simply purchase the 'key' and unlock.

Another benefit this solution can bring to the game is it contributes to the health of the game economy system by slightly decreasing the gold inflation ( but the selling price of the new items shouldn't be too high, ideal price of them should be similar to the dye items).

I believe this is a safe, fun, good and best solution regarding this issue. How do you think guys?
Reply Quote
Just to chime in here....a lot of us are going very quickly. The fact that we have to right click on an inventory full of rares means it is easy to miss and then equip something you meant to id. Also easy to sell the good one to the vendor. If we had an id all command or an equipment lock this would not happen. (or at least not as often) It can be seriously deflating to lose that weapon you have worked long and hard to acquire. I'm sure it would make some folks feel like quitting
Reply Quote
A different method to identify rares besides right clicking them all.

PROBLEM SOLVED
Reply Quote
The item buyback feature from the vendor is useless if you sell a crapload of items at once, making it bigger won't help either if you don't notice before you leave the game, so you need to protect yourself with the way you sell items in case you make a mistake. I once vendored a pair of trifecta archon gaunts with 10 crit, 200 dex, 50ish vit, 70all res and pickup radius that I spent 500 mil on. Somehow I had equipped a pair of junk archon gaunts in it's place. Usually before even bringing up the vendor screen I ID and decide whether any of the items are worth selling and sell everything all at once without a second look once I open the vendor, I learned this is the wrong way to do this the hard way. If you accidently right click a pair of archon gaunts that you determined as trash while you were trying to aim to ID the item to the left of it or whatever, you might not notice while having a conversation or something,thinking you lagged or something because the item didn't get ID'ed. This whole way of checking items before you go to sell is the wrong way to do this.

Here's the solution which you can use NOW to safeguard yourself: Don't check your items at all until you get to the vendor, or at least take a second look once you have the vendor screen up before you sell an item. Do your judging of what items to keep or sale with the vendor window up. If you do this:
1. It's impossible to accidentally equip a bad item with the vendor window up.
2. It's near impossible to sell a good item, since you are judging whether the items are worth keeping or not on the spot right before you sell, so even if you accidentally equipped a piece of junk or whatever, you'll notice at that moment, right before you vendor a good piece of gear.

Moral of the story, actually take a good look at the item right before you sell WITH the vendor window up. This is practically bullet proof unless you're so drunk or under the influence that you can't even judge what the items stats are. Also, OFC it's best to check only once at the end of the run to save time. GL all.

Edit, PS: I think making the buyback tab larger is not gonna solve the problem. I think I left the game and did another full run wondering why my radius seemed smaller before I noticed. I just never thought it'd be possible I could make such a boneheaded mistake.
Edited by Ceral#1383 on 11/5/2012 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
why don't they just make a rather small change so this doesn't happen like adding a lock item option so that it cant be sold dropped or traded.
Reply Quote
@Lylirra: I too recently accidentally sold 2 really good rares to the npc. What I think happened is that I right-clicked too quickly so instead of identifying an object, I ended up equipping an item. And becos they are just rares and were the same level, thus looking the same, when I went to npc the drops, i did not notice that I had switched out the items.

May I suggest that there is a separate hotkey for equipping items instead of the right click? This sound plausible since u can change hotkeys for certain commands like walk or force stand still. This would then remove the possibility of accidentally switching out gears.
Reply Quote
I got nothing against these suggestions, I mean they can only help some players experience and not hinder any others.

Something I do when selling to the vendor to safeguard selling something of value is sell to the "sold" tab and double check the price the vendor bought it for. If the price is over 2500 and especially 3000 on an item just check it again. I have saved myself from vendoring some of my equipped gear doing this.
Reply Quote
Just add a lock gear button, not that hard to do...
Reply Quote
lock gear button would be nice i lost an ammy because it had same pic as one i was wearing and didnt notice an accedental swap while i was iding yet another bag full of junk i vendored everything and lost my 100mil ammy in the process it would be nice to have a comfirmation when swapping gear or something of that nature to prevent such accedents or we could bring cain back with his id all button wich would end the need for clicking in the invintory 1000's of times each day it would also eliminate lost time (time sink is pointless in a game with no pay buy the month) this argument is good for a craft all button too. but hey i think most of this has been said and ignored buy blizzard b4. i know i have said it b4 but blizzard cannot see my posts :D.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 05:35 AMPosted by gaud
lock gear button would be nice i lost an ammy because it had same pic as one i was wearing and didnt notice an accedental swap while i was iding yet another bag full of junk i vendored everything and lost my 100mil ammy in the process it would be nice to have a comfirmation when swapping gear or something of that nature to prevent such accedents or we could bring cain back with his id all button wich would end the need for clicking in the invintory 1000's of times each day it would also eliminate lost time (time sink is pointless in a game with no pay buy the month) this argument is good for a craft all button too. but hey i think most of this has been said and ignored buy blizzard b4. i know i have said it b4 but blizzard cannot see my posts :D.

+1 this. I think code wise the easiest way is to just add a lock gear button that prevents gear swapping. I may be overstepping, but in code you just have to check if that gear lock flag is on and whether or not to allow the swap or not. In the database or some config file on the PC you just have to store this flag.

ID all option I think breaks the whole idea of Blizzard's "unwrapping the present" part so I don't think they'd go with it.

Also extending the buy back list I think creates an issue because more of those old items need to be stored somewhere on disk or in memory and maybe that's not as efficient.
Reply Quote
The problem arises because right-mouse-click is used to ID an item and is also used to auto equip an item. An accidental auto-equip because a player is ID'ing all items as fast as possible then proceeding to sell all items as fast as possible and then quickly log out and check the AH sometimes results in accidentally selling an item.

The best solution I can think of without adding item lock or annoying prompts is to have different methods for ID and auto-equip. Don't use right-mouse button for both functions. Perhaps use double-left-click to auto equip or only allow drag-item for auto equip.

I'm contributing to this because this happened to someone I know twice, so its a real problem. It should not be solved by adding annoying prompts; the person this happened to just moved on and eventually got better gear all around.
Reply Quote
me too,3 times
1./Don't know why ,my weapon that is 1000 dps to 200 dps
2./Lag,the merchant disappear and i right click,it change the item.Then when the merchant appear,i sold
3./Identified,then sold wrong
If there are the lock for item,i think it is better
i think there are player would quit game when the love item was sold wrong!!!!
Reply Quote
It has happened to me a while back i vendored my mainhand, a good 20mil. I was iding and double clicked, it swapped out and i sold everything before i logged. It hurts but you will make it up, way easier now than when it happened to me in 1.03. Now over 109k unbuffed and 100mil in reserves. Find a cheap substitute in the meantime gl :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]