Diablo® III

Why did Health Link get changed in 1.05?

They should change the affix to pass damage.

This is a huge change and shame on bliz for not informing players. I feel sorry for any hardcore toons that found this out the hard way.
Reply Quote
I don't think the damage is divided by 3 or 4 equally.

Usually the elite that i hit die last whereas the rest taking the split damage die first.
Reply Quote

Usually the elite that i hit die last whereas the rest taking the split damage die first.

It seems like it used to be the other way around. I was noticing all of them dying at the same time. It used to be that you would kill one or two and one would be hanging around almost dead.

I haven't noticed any problem because when I do wander up to high MP, it is just grab a few champ packs and do ubers. I also happen to have both LS and a lot of LOH because gear I got recently just happened to have it.

I don't see why you would use that build though OP, unless you just want to say you do huge damage or I don't understand how it is at MP10. Why even play MP10 though unless ubers? In that case, just deal with those mobs or find another.
Reply Quote

Elites don't all have the same HP, there is slight variance between their health pools, that's why some health link mobs die before the others.

I don't see why you would use that build though OP, unless you just want to say you do huge damage or I don't understand how it is at MP10. Why even play MP10 though unless ubers? In that case, just deal with those mobs or find another.

High MP is what is efficient for me to farm. I can 1 shot elites on mp1, which means that I spend more time running around that actually fighting. Its boring and unproductive for me to run low monster powers, and I like having a near guaranteed drop on keys. Also elites almost always drop 5-8 rares due to the 80% chance for extra loot at mp 8(which is my normal farm difficulty).
Reply Quote
I have a barb as my secondary character...but Health Link + RD now on MP6+ is the worst possible elite type combination for my main character, my monk. I run a well balanced monk and it still causes problems even with the balanced sustain approach that I use.
Reply Quote
You didn't even read the post apparently. I use a smash barb, not dh, and my damage is over 260k with 100% uptime WotB. RD isn't remotely difficult to deal with, in fact there are many other affixes I would list ahead of RD that are more difficult. Its easy to counter, and its not what this thread is about. But thanks for bumping my thread.

P.S. Also I'm amused that you chose to respond to my thread and called me a whiner when your highest character is level 22. Unless you are an eu player that decided to make 6 us characters, you have no idea what you are even talking about in regards to RD.

+1 for awsome burn.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Supes1247
I have a barb as my secondary character...but Health Link + RD now on MP6+ is the worst possible elite type combination for my main character, my monk. I run a well balanced monk and it still causes problems even with the balanced sustain approach that I use.

I had RD+Health Link+Molten+Electrified the other day. And it was those super fast spiders in act that 2 cave. It was miserable.
Reply Quote
elites can not get health link.... and after reading some more posts in this thread.. i realize you are all suffering from delusions of grandeur.... my god the paranoid excuses you freaks come up with is astounding..

how can you come up with these excuses and think of youreslves as normal human beings.. you should all go to rehab to learn how to be normal and stop making such drastic accusations making you sound alot more crazy than you need to sound.

lmao
Edited by xxAIMxx#1538 on 11/8/2012 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We didn't make any changes to way Health Link works in 1.0.5. To clarify, this is how the affix should function:

1. You hit a monster with the Health Link affix.

2. If you successfully deal damage, that monster checks for any other monsters with the Health Link affix that are nearby (nearby = 50 yards).

3. If there are monsters nearby, the damage amount is immediately divided equally with them.

4. If there aren't any monsters nearby, that damage isn't shared and is taken fully by the monster you hit.

Now, there is bug that's currently active that makes it so that Life Steal isn't as effective against monsters with the Health Link affix (the amount of life stolen is diminished when attacking Health Linked monsters), which could account for what you've experienced.

(Sorry to chime in a bit late on this thread, but this was something I wanted to check on with both QA and our development teams. I hope you'll forgive my necro!)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/10/2012 08:52 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
GO FORTH AND READ BLUE

Stop spamming, duder. Also, why are we yelling? =/
Reply Quote
View profile
12/10/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
GO FORTH AND READ BLUE

Stop spamming, duder. Also, why are we yelling? =/

lol
Reply Quote
Now, there is bug that's currently active that makes it so that Life Steal isn't as effective against monsters with the Health Link affix (the amount of life stolen is diminished when attacking Health Linked monsters), which could account for what you've experienced.

I just checked the "known bugs" list for 1.0.5a here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438018

This doesn't appear to be mentioned? am I wrong? Please direct me elsewhere if so.

Where can we, as the community -- dedicated to playing and reporting issues -- find an accurate list of the bugs you have acknowledged exist versus the conspiracy theory rantings of people feeling ninja nerfs and drop rate adjustments?
Edited by figgins42#1920 on 12/10/2012 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/10/2012 09:22 PMPosted by figgins42
This doesn't appear to be mentioned? am I wrong? Please direct me elsewhere if so.

Nah, you're not wrong. I'll hit up our resident QA representative tomorrow and let him know that the list appears to be a little out of date (the bug was confirmed pretty recently, but I agree that having accurate and up-to-date info is very important).
Reply Quote
Try this with reflect damage. It reflects based on 100% of the damage you should deal, while you heal for 1/3-1/4 of what you are shown. Which is why even with 1,500 LoH, it's still difficult to stay alive at times against these packs.
Reply Quote

Wow, thank you for this, I was having the hardest time figuring out why Health Link felt harder.
Reply Quote

(Sorry to chime in a bit late on this thread, but this was something I wanted to check on with both QA and our development teams. I hope you'll forgive my necro!)

I was so depressed when no one responded to this thread. I am excited to hear that someone actually heard my voice! Glad to hear that this is going to be looked into and changed so that we get our lifesteal unnerfed by Health Link.

Lylirra is my new favorite CM <3
Edited by xxAIMxx#1538 on 12/10/2012 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote

whats crazy Is I tested the heck out of this and could NOT reproduce the issue at all
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004031184?page=1#18

do you have more details on it?

there was a time when it did feel like it happened.... I chalked it up to the spiders just doing a crazy amount of damage when I geared less than 5% leech

so it can occasionally happen,? perhaps a scaling oddity?
is it something only with minions? (i bet it is something with minions..)
I never did test a rare pack since.. well they are more rare
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/10/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

whats crazy Is I tested the heck out of this and could NOT reproduce the issue at all
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004031184?page=1#18

do you have more details on it?

there was a time when it did feel like it happened.... I chalked it up to the spiders just doing a crazy amount of damage when I geared less than 5% leech

so it can occasionally happen,? perhaps a scaling oddity?

It becomes more obvious with higher end gear, I'm critting for 600k-1.4mil with HotA: Smash and when you are used to getting topped off from half hp in one crit, you really notice it when that amount is reduced by 1/3. If you aren't hitting that hard, and aren't getting hit hard enough to make that healing matter (ie you are doing mp1 and monsters dont hit very hard and you need less than 1/3 of your LS to heal yourself effectively) you probably wont notice it. Monsters with molten/firechains/arcane really make this stand out to me, I don't notice it against things with affixes that do not increase the damage you take (extra hp/jailer/waller ect)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]