Diablo® III

Fastest way to gain EXP/paragon levels?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is your quickest way to gain EXP for paragon levels? Does Alkaizer's route suit DHs? What MP level is best for you?
Reply Quote
21 Night Elf Rogue
good question..I am curious what people do to gain lvls quicker.
Reply Quote
The fastest EXP run is in A3. Where you start depends on your preference, but going through the FoM to the end is chock full of mobs to kill for a lot of drops and XP in short order.

The MP level you play at is a matter of what you want/can handle easily. You want to kill the mobs fast enough to not be stressed in every fight, but at a level where you don't one shot them all.
Reply Quote
Do Alkaizer's route with a HellFire Ring on one hand, Leoric's Signet in another. Have another Hellfire Ring and another Leoric's Signet on your follower. Use Cain's 3 piece set. Put a Radiant Star Ruby in Cain's headgear. Because of the low specs of Cain's set, do a lower MP level, like MP1 or MP2.
Reply Quote
exactly what Coffee said, but i run mp0. the speed i can run it is ridiculous and thats what is key, speed
Reply Quote
I usually run act3 tower.
Reply Quote
speed is important but take it from a guy who's played a lot comfort is the key.

for a dh i think alk's route isnt the best, i avoid both towers because there's a higher chance to spawn for phasebeasts or those fat blue guys who shield each other. they pretty much slow down my runs. instead i do both craters, bridge and keep 3.
Reply Quote
This is my run
Core
Tower 1
Crater 2
Tower of the Cursed 1
Keeps 2 and 3
Clear Fields of Slaughter to Rakkis Crossing.
Sometimes do Crater 1 depending if I am ahead of schedule.
Reply Quote
i avoid both towers because there's a higher chance to spawn for phasebeasts

Yep, the mobs there are sort of annoying. I substitute Keep 3 in that spot as it's quite small and I've found it's a little more reliable for stacks than tower 1's first level. Overall mob density is better, too.

So my MP0/MP1 exp route is:
Core
Keep 3
Keep 2
Crater 2
Fields of Slaughter

Sometimes I add Keep 1 or Rakkis if I'm in a mood to keep my stacks a little longer instead of starting a new run right away.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 11/6/2012 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
definitely not the best, but this is my route for MP1 exp/gear runs.

core
tower 1
tower 2
crater 1
crater 2
fields of slaughter -> rakkis crossing
keep 1
keep 2
keep 3

the order of keeps might be different depending on whether or not i run into a dead end.
Edited by sandie#1201 on 11/6/2012 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
those fat blue guys who shield each other.

This should be the new official name for them.
Reply Quote
This is my run
Core
Tower 1
Crater 2
Tower of the Cursed 1
Keeps 2 and 3
Clear Fields of Slaughter to Rakkis Crossing.
Sometimes do Crater 1 depending if I am ahead of schedule.

Yeah that's pretty much what I do too. I run MP2 with 130k dps because I can really cruise through it and even with my low MF I seem to find legendaries pretty often. I think MP level depends on your DPS, eHP, comfort level. I only have 130k dps, but I use WF and Legacy Nat's which speed up my runs due to infinite vault. I can handle MP 6-7 with little issues but for xp AND items I have more success in MP2. Although some elites like fast phasebeasts and fast teleporters in general give me fits in higher MP levels, but that's mostly because evasive fire is REALLY bad against those kinds of mobs because they are always causing you to backflip and drain your disc. It's the only issue I have with evasive fire.... and why for awhile I used to run HA/Bola as a second hatred generator.
Reply Quote
Has anyone actually tried to do exp runs with cain's set? I mean, the stats are SO bad, can you run mp1 efficiently if your other gear items aren't godly?
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 10:00 PMPosted by queenofbabes
Has anyone actually tried to do exp runs with cain's set? I mean, the stats are SO bad, can you run mp1 efficiently if your other gear items aren't godly?

The WW Barb I run with doesn't even use Cains, it's that bad.

The route we are using right now is:
Core
TotD 1
AC 2
TotC 1 (We literally check for the elite pack at WP then leave)
Rakkis
Fields of Slaughter
Keeps 2

If some one is close to finishing a para level then we do Keeps 3 just so they can hit it.

Right now our clears are around 7-10mins, depending on what shrines we get. If we get Enpowered and Fleeting, then 7mins easy.
Reply Quote
I have try using Cain set on multi and it is much faster only problem s not much protection so I let party do killing and I leech off exp
Reply Quote
I have try using Cain set on multi and it is much faster only problem s not much protection so I let party do killing and I leech off exp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]