Diablo® III

Diablo 3, Druid Rebuilt

So...alot of people in my necro forum were making a fuss that we needed a druid to return, because the druid was apparently the most popular class in D2, aside from the obvious Hammerdin build pally. I wont argue, since I end up seeing way more sin/sorc in late game, but what ever floats the boat of the community. Alot of people also admit that we need another STR class in D3, since barb has the str market on lock-down. I agree, but all the suggestions that a necro be STR based are about as asinine as trying to use a Wizardspike on a barb. So I will take the current trend for the asking of a new str based class, and toss them into the heap with people who say the Druid was better, and will be better for D3...and I'm going to do what I did for my necro build. I'm going to make skills, runes, passives, gear suggestions and a new resource system, all unique to the ideas I have seen to be popular about a druid come back.

Lazy peole need this. TL;DR I have made a viable class in Diablo 3 for a Druid. It is STR based and comes complete with skills/runes, passives, and gear, as well as a brand new resource system.

Druid

Resources

I was thinking of 2 new types of resources, and couldnt make up my mind. So I considered, weighed the options, looked at other suggestions on other threads, and finally came up with two new resource systems. One for base characters, the other for the transformed versions of the druid. I like to call the former Harmony, as in being connected to nature, something every druid needs, and the other Bloodlust, or Fervor (I couldnt make a decision on that one, both sound cool and fairly bestial) which represents the animosity of the transformed state. I would have Harmony generate slowly over time, about the same rate as perhaps discipline, and the use of generators would quicken the process. Bloodlust/Fervor would not regenorate over time however, but constantly drain, similar to Fury, but without a cooldown. Meaning this resource would drain nonstop, but slowly. Now...this doesnt mean you have a timer when transformed, it just means you have to manage your skills and resource spending to stay in the form alot longer. There will be generators for this new resource as well, as each form would replace current skills with new ones, revolving around the form. I will go more into depth about skills for each form later.

Skills

I guess...now would be applicable. Now...similar to my Necromancer build, and same as every other class in the game, skills have a layout. You have primary, secondary, defensive which are standards for all classes. The other 3 skill slots are different for each class. In this instance I will be using 4 Primary, 3 Secondary, 4 Defensive and three new types will be called Nature(4), Transformation(3), and Weather(4).

Primary
Oak Club
  • Oak Club
  • Smashes enemies with an oaken club, dealing 150% weapon dmg.
  • Oak Club/Hard Oak
  • Oak club now has a 40% chance to stun targets for 2 seconds
  • Oak Club/Splinters
  • Oak Club shatters when struck, dmging all enemies within 10 yards of the impact for 60% weapon dmg.
  • Oak Club/Barbed Club
  • Increases dmg to 190%
  • Oak Club/Oak Heart
  • Successful critical hits drain life as 50% of dmg dealt.
  • Oak Club/Oak Bat
  • Oak Club now has a 25% chance to knockback.

Rake
  • Rake
  • Slashes enemies with claws, dealing 135% weapon dmg and causes enemies to bleed for 45% of weapon dmg over 5 seconds.
  • Rake/Swat
  • Slaps enemies with claws, dealing 170% dmg straight, no bleed.
  • Rake/Gash
  • Increases the bleed dmg to 75% of weapon dmg over 6 seconds.
  • Rake/Long Claws
  • Rake now affects all enemies in front of caster within 5 yards.
  • Rake/Bloody Mess
  • Enemies killed with Rake dmg or bleed dmg explode into a blood fountain, causing 40% weapon dmg to all nearby enemies within 10 yards.
  • Rake/The Yard
  • Rake now has a 40% chance to charm enemies into fighting for you.

Torch
  • Torch
  • Jab at an enemy with a torch, dealing 165% weapon dmg as fire
  • Torch/Ignite
  • Gives torch a chance to ignite enemies, causing additional 7% weapon dmg per second for 10 seconds.
  • Torch/Throw
  • Torch is now a long ranged attack.
  • Torch/Go For The Eyes
  • Gives torch a 50% chance to blind an enemy for 3 seconds.
  • Torch/Firebreather
  • Spits a flammable fluid out, igniting it with the torch. Deals 130% weapon dmg in a 7 yard cone.
  • Torch/Fire Bad
  • Torch now has a 30% chance to fear enemies.

Vine Whip
  • Vine Whip
  • Lashes out at an enemy with a whip made of vines, causing 110% weapon dmg from up to 5 yards away.
  • Vine Whip/Jungle Vines
  • Extends the reach of Vine Whip to 10 yards.
  • Vine Whip/Thorns
  • Increases Whip dmg to 140%
  • Vine Whip/Rose Whip
  • Turns vines into rose stems. Rose stems return 10% of dmg dealt as life.
  • Vine Whip/Cripple
  • Vine Whip now has a 70% chance to slow enemies by 40%
  • Vine Whip/Whip Crack
  • Vine whip now deals 75% weapon dmg to all enemies within 10 yards of target.

Secondary
    Hawk Strike
  • Hawk Strike
  • Summons 4 hawks to strike random enemies once each for 140% weapon dmg each hawk. If there arent more than 3 enemies present, multiple hawks will strike one opponent.
  • Hawk Strike/Swoop
  • Increases dmg for each strike to 150%
  • Hawk Strike/Carrion Birds
  • Hawks now turn into vultures, who force enemies to drop health globes when struck.
  • Hawk Strike/Eagle
  • Turns the 4 hawks into 2 eagles which remain on the field for 30 seconds. Each eagle deals 110% weapon dmg per strike, and attack roughly once per second.
  • Hawk Strike/Crows
  • Turns the 4 hawks into 8 crows, each dealing 85% dmg.
  • Hawk Strike/Ostrich
  • Turns the 4 hawks into a single ostrich. The ostrich is a permanent summon, and deals 120% weapon dmg each strike.

Forest Fire
  • Forest Fire
  • Causes everything within 20 yards of caster to burn, dealing 600% weapon dmg over 6 seconds.
  • Forest Fire/Smoke
  • Causes all enemies within the burning area to have a 30% chance to miss attacks.
  • Forest Fire/Dry Burn
  • Increases dmg to 800% over 6 seconds.
  • Forest Fire/Flash Fire
  • Causes Forest Fire to burn faster, and hotter, dealing 1200% weapon dmg in the burning area over 3 seconds.
  • Forest Fire/Smokey
  • Summons a bear to attack enemies within the forest fire, dealing 80% weapon dmg per hit.
  • Forest Fire/Uphill Battle
  • Enemies who leave while forest fire is active will continue to take dmg, at a rate of 60% weapon dmg, until Forest Fire is extinguished.

Trample
  • Trample
  • Charges over enemies, each hit knocking them back and dealing 110% weapon dmg per strike.
  • Trample/Bulls Rush
  • Increases dmg dealt to 140% weapon dmg.
  • Trample/Continued Effort
  • Decreases the resource cost of Trample.
  • Trample/Bears Ferocity
  • Increases knockback distance, and dmgs enemies upon landing by 20% weapon dmg.
  • Trample/Cheetah Sprint
  • Allows normal movement speed during trample.
  • Trample/The Chase
  • Each enemy struck while trampling increases its dmg by 5%

Defensive
    Barkskin
  • Barkskin
  • Turns the Druids skin into bark, reducing all incoming dmg by 20% for 10 seconds.
  • Barkskin/Floss Silk
  • Bark grows thorns, returning 50% of dmg dealt to the attacker. (google Floss Silk Tree)
  • Barkskin/Ironwood
  • Increases dmg reduction to 35%
  • Barkskin/Treant
  • Increases all dmg by 10% as well.
  • Barkskin/Flammable
  • If you take or deal fire dmg while Barkskin is active, it resets the timer, and turns Barkskin into Fireskin. Fireskin no longer reduces dmg, but instead deals 10% weapon dmg to all enemies with 10 yards every second. Fire dmg continues to reset the timer.
  • Barkskin/Petrified
  • Dmg mitigation reduced by 5%, time increased by 10 seconds.

Growth
  • Growth
  • Druid grows to a larger than normal size, giving 10% armour and resists. Life regenerates by 200 per second. Lasts 25 seconds.
  • Growth/Expand
  • Increases armour to 20%
  • Growth/Strengthen
  • Increased dmg by 15%
  • Growth/Regenerate
  • Increases life regen to 300 per second.
  • Growth/Invigorate
  • Increases Resists to 20%
  • Growth/Long Life
  • Increases the duration to 40 seconds.

Sun Rays
  • Sun Rays
  • Fires a beam of sunlight that so long as the enemy is being hit, it is blinded.
  • Sun Rays/Sunfire
  • Enemies within the beam take 10% weapon dmg per second.
  • Sun Rays/Warming Light
  • Allies within the light beam are healed by 2% life per second.
  • Sun Rays/Moonlight
  • Enemies in the light are now confused for 2 seconds.
  • Sun Rays/Arc Light
  • Light arcs from target to target, up to four times, each strike blinds for 2 seconds. Channel is replaced by cast.
  • Sun Rays/Solar Flares
  • Turns Beam into an aoe. Sun shines down randomly, blinding enemies hit for 3 seconds at a 50% chance. Effect lasts for 10 seconds.

Healing Herb
  • Healing Herb
  • Places an herb on the ground which regenerates nearby allies for 3% life per second. Radius of 7 yards, lasts for 30 seconds.
  • Healing Herb/Ginseng
  • Increases attack speed by 10% while in the radius.
  • Healing Herb/Aloe Vera
  • Increases resistances while in the radius.
  • Healing Herb/Berry Bush
  • Increases healing to 5% per second, but reduces timer to 20 seconds.
  • Healing Herb/Venus Demon Trap
  • Enemies within the radius take 3% life dmg per second.
  • Healing Herb/Mother Earth
  • Mother Earth blesses her children to allow them to move. The herb now follows you around, healing allies within 14 yards by 2% life per second.

Nature
    Fire Storm
  • Fire Storm
  • Sends out 3 streaks of flame from your feet, moving in a random path for 10 yards, each dealing 235% weapon dmg as fire.
  • Fire Storm/Molten Nova
  • Fire a self centered nova that deals 190% weapon dmg as fire in a 15 yard radius.(Copies the Molten self destruct explosion)
  • Fire Storm/Fissure
  • Increases dmg to 270%
  • Fire Storm/Scorched Earth
  • Turns 3 streaks into 3 trails of fire, dealing 150% weapon dmg per second over 5 seconds.
  • Fire Storm/Eruption
  • Creates a volcanic eruption that deals 225% weapon dmg per second over 5 seconds to all enemies within 10 yards at targeted location. 1 volcano at a time.
  • Fire Storm/Hell Fire
  • Sends out 10 streaks of flame from your feet, moving in a random path for 20 yards, dealing 300% weapon dmg as fire. Increases resource cost.

Entangle
  • Entangle
  • Sends out a vine that catches a foe, leaving them immobilized and deals 90% weapon dmg per second for 3 seconds.
  • Entangle/Treeo
  • Sends out 3 vines vines, immobilizing 3 foes for 3 seconds, dealing 75% weapon dmg per second.
  • Entangle/Prickly
  • Increases weapon dmg to 115%
  • Entangle/Carrion Vine
  • Drain life at 50% dmg dealt.
  • Entangle/Forrest of Entanglement
  • Turns Entangle into an aoe, which immobilizes all enemies within 15 yards for 4 seconds, but deals no dmg.
  • Entangle/Root System
  • Turns Entangle into a summoned creeper vine that follows the druid, randomly immobilizing enemies in combat for 2 seconds.

Summon Spirit
  • Summon Spirit
  • Summons an ethereal spirit that deals no dmg, but gives the druid 10% max life.
  • Summon Spirit/Earthen Spirit
  • Also decreases all dmg received by 5%
  • Summon Spirit/Spirit of Fury
  • Also increases dmg dealt by 8%
  • Summon Spirit/Spirit of Regeneration
  • Alos doubles resource regeneration.
  • Summon Spirit/Spirit of Fire
  • Also turns all dmg into fire dmg, and increases fire dmg by 10%
  • Summon Spirit/Spirit of Anger
  • Spirit deals dmg at 35% weapon dmg.

Totem
  • Totem
  • Crates a totem for the Druid to carry. Totem increases Weapon dmg and reduces all dmg by 10%. Effect has a 10 yard radius and effects all allies within the radius. Effect lasts 60 seconds.
  • Totem/Tortise
  • Increases dmg reduction by 40%, reduces movement speed by 25%
  • Totem/Jaguar
  • Increases attack speed by 20%, increases dmg taken by 15%
  • Totem/Bear
  • Increases life by 40%, decreases resource max by 20%
  • Totem/Hare
  • Increases movement speed by 25%, decreases dealt by 15%
  • Totem/Rhino
  • Increases dmg by 30%, reflects all damage by 10%

Lycanthropy*

Werewolf
  • Werewolf
  • Shapechanges into a werewolf, increasing Attack Speed by 25%, crit chance by 10%, and over all damage by 5%
  • Werewolf/BloodMoon
  • All dmg dealt while in werewolf form returns 10% as life.
  • Werewolf/Leader of the Pack
  • Adds the ability to summon 3 wolves to your side to fight for you for 60 seconds.
  • Werewolf/Rabid Bite
  • Adds the ability to bite an enemy with extra poison dmg, and spreads rapidly.**
  • Werewolf/Alpine Wolf
  • Slashes enemies with frozen claws.
  • Werewolf/Alpha Wolf
  • Decreases resource drain by half.

Werebear
  • Werebear
  • Shapeshifts into the form of a bear, increasing Life by 20%, crit dmg by 100%, and gives a 10% dmg reduction.
  • Werebear/Honey Pots
  • All enemies slain are guaranteed to drop a life globe.
  • Werebear/Grizzly
  • Increases dmg reduction to 15%, life to 25%, and crit dmg to 150%
  • Werebear/Polar Bear
  • Adds the ability to maul foes, freezing them for 2 seconds.
  • Werebear/Family
  • Adds the ability to summon a bear to aid you in combat for 60 seconds.
  • Werebear/Summon
  • Removes the ability to transform, and instead gives the ability to call a bear from the wilds to aid in combat. This skill has no time limit, and lasts as long at the druid/bear lives.

Werelion
  • Werelion
  • Shapeshifts into a werelion, giving the bestial rage of the king of beasts. Adds 10% dmg, 10% dmg reduction, and 20% life.
  • Werelion/Massive Roar
  • Unleases a roar that dmgs all enemies within 15 yards for 200% weapon dmg, and has a 40% chance to fear.
  • Werelion/King of Beasts
  • Adds the ability to summon 2 lions to fight at your behest for 60 seconds.
  • Werelion/Hunt
  • All dmg is increased by 25%
  • Werelion/Pounce
  • Adds the ability to pounce at distant enemies, stunning and dmging them.
  • Werelion/White Lion
  • All attacks have a 10% chance to blind enemies for 2 seconds.

Weather
    Rain
  • Rain
  • Causes a constant rainstorm around the caster, dealing 5% weapon dmg per second. Lasts 120 seconds. Radius of 20 yards.
  • Rain/Hail
  • Increases dmg to 8%
  • Rain/Freezing Rain
  • Rain now has a chance to freeze targets within the area of effect by 2%
  • Rain/Ashes
  • Rain now sends ashes from the sky, dealing 6% weapon dmg as fire.
  • Rain/Snow
  • Enemies within rains radius are chilled and move at 30%
  • Rain/Ice Storm
  • Rain increases move speed by 5% while active.

• Wind
  • Gusts of wind constantly surround the caster with a 20 yard radius, causing 5% weapon dmg per second. Lasts 120 seconds.
  • Wind/Gust
  • Winds have a chance to knockback enemies dmged by 2%
  • Wind/Calming Breeze
  • Allies with Winds radius are healed 1% life per second.
  • Wind/Zephyr
  • Increases dmg to 8%
  • Wind/Gale
  • Increases radius to 25 yards.
  • Wind/Squall Armour
  • Increased armour by 10%

Lightning
  • Lightning
  • Lightning occasionally strikes the area around the caster, dealing 5% dmg to all enemies within the 20 radius. Lasts 120 seconds.
  • Lightning/Shock Therapy
  • Enemies have a 2% chance to be charmed for 5 seconds.
  • Lightning/Heat Lightning
  • Lightning dmg now converted to 6% fire dmg.
  • Lightning/Light Show
  • Enemies struck now have a 2% chance to be stunned for 2 seconds.
  • Lightning/Crackle
  • Increases dmg to 8%
  • Lightning/Conductivity
  • 25% dmg dealt to caster is now reflected back at attacker.

Thunder
  • Thunder
  • Crashing thunder shakes the ground within 20 yards, dealing 5% dmg to all enemies. Lasts 120 seconds.
  • Thunder/Rolling Thunder
  • Increases the duration to 180 seconds.
  • Thunder/Here Comes The Boom
  • Increases dmg to 8%
  • Thunder/Sudden Impact
  • Turns thunder into an instant cast, sending out a shockwave of thunder, dealing 600% weapon dmg to all enemies within 10 yards.
  • Thunder/Thunderbolt
  • All enemies dmged by thunder have a 2% chance to be stunned for 2 seconds.
  • Thunder/Deafening Crash
  • Enemies struck by primary skills while within the radius are have a 3% chance to be confused for 3 seconds. (This applies to all primary skills, not just the druid's)
    Edited by Zalm#1333 on 11/7/2012 10:27 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    Passives
  • Natures Bounty
  • Enemies killed by nature skills have a 50% increased chance to drop a health globe.
  • Mother Nature
  • All enemies slain within 7 yards regenerate resource.
  • Natural Fire
  • Increases all fire dmg by 10%
  • Sounds of Nature
  • Primary skills increase resource regeneration.
  • Wrath of the Beast
  • When Transforming into a were-creature, there is a 1% chance to instead be transformed into the Spirit of Nature*. This effect cannot happen more than once evry 120 seconds.
  • Harvest Moon
  • Increases pick up radius by 3 yards.
  • Spring Solstice
  • Increases Harmony regeneration.
  • Summer Solstice
  • Increases maximum Harmony.
  • Fall Solstice
  • Decreases Harmony usage for all Nature, Weather, and Secondary skills.
  • Winter Solstice
  • Reduces cooldowns from all skills by 15%
  • Animal Companions
  • All Summoned Creatures remain at your side after transforming.
  • Woodland Stride
  • Barkskin and Growth increase moment speed by 10%
  • Bear's Endurance
  • All dmg reduced by 3%
  • Cat's Grace
  • Increases Dodge chance by 5%
  • Fox's Cunning
  • Increases Crit chance by 5%

Gear
    As with all classes, and my necro, I will give the Druid 3 class based items. I would assume as all classes have some sort of weapon, the druid should get clubs...perhaps a barbed club. Two perfect legends already... Shillelagh and Dark Clan Crusher. Also...I'm going to have to uggest we bring back some old school druid helms....everyone loved them, so why not bring back some Spirit masks, or Wolf Helms back? And finally...Perhaps a pelt, something worn on the shoulder, torso or even a class specific pants? Imagine, running about in fur pants? That screams druid...or gay bar, I'm not sure which. I cannot think of their end game set gear aside from bringing back Aldurs set myself. It could be done though...pants, club, helm, ammy, torso and boots. Make the whole set look like a character has donned a fur coat.

*Lycanthropes will be rather difficult to explain in the skill section without making an entire paragraph, so I decided to so so here.

Werewolves would be all about speed. They move faster, attack faster, but as a fallback, they drain their Bloodlust faster. Skills would include
    Claw-Scratch enemies for 165% weapon dmg. Attacks very swiftly. Adds small amount to Bloodlust.
    Bite-Bites enemy, dealing 230% weapon dmg and draining 15% as health.
    Howl-Causes all enemies within 10 yards to fear.
    Hunt-Darts at enemy, clawing at them for 210% weapon dmg.

Werebears would be more like walking towers of tank, taking far more dmg than the werewolf and werelion, and can stay in form longer without combat. Skill would be as such.
    Bear Claw-Scratch enemies for 200% weapon dmg. Adds a small amount to Bloolust.
    Maul-Mauls foes, dealing 250% weapon dmg. Attacks slowly. Adds more Bloodlust than claw.
    Hibernate-Goes to sleep for a short time, halting Bloodlust drain, and regening life by 5% per second. Adds an extra 10% dmg reduction.
    Forceful Stand-Intimidates foes, stunning all enemies within 10 yards for 2 seconds.

Werelions, King of Beasts, would be more of a trade between Wolf and Bear. The dmg of a wolf, and the resilience of a bear. Bloodlust drains in between wolf and bear. Skills:
    Slash-Strikes foe with massive paws, dealing 180% weapon dmg. Adds a small amount of Bloodlust.
    Kings Orders- All enemies within 10 yards are charmed for 2 seconds.
    Alpha Male-Temporarily increases dmg by 10%. Lasts 20 seconds.

Spirit of Nature is an actual spirit and the best of all summons. Spirit of Nature receives 20% dmg reduction, 50% life, and an increased 25% dmg dealt, as well as all attacks drain life. The form has infinite resources, but only lasts 20 seconds. Skill will include
    Wrath-The anger of nature blasts foes for 250% weapon dmg.
    Hurricane-All enemies within 10 yards take 190% weapon dmg.
    Last Resort-Expends the rest of the timer on Spirit of Nature, but deals 5000% weapon dmg to all enemies within 10 yards.

**Rapid Bite acts just as locusts does, and spreads violently among all nearby enemies, constantly dealing 200% of weapon dmg over 3 seconds.

(Edited a few errors on boths posts, as well as added a TL;DR for lazy people)
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    My Epic Threads
    Skill Points, Revisited- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6307731632
    Necromancer, Revisited- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004012855?page=1

Other Notable Threads
    Brimstone Idea- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004444154
    Armour Customization- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6552025417?page=1
    Positive Affixes- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6232303629#6
    Make Offer in AH- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933916053#2
    Pet Guid- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6490580362
    Edited by Zalm#1333 on 11/7/2012 10:28 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    time to need new class
    Monk + DH = Dex
    WD + WiZ = Intell
    Barb + ?? = Streng
    Why not- only Barb use streng. It's really BORED
    Reply Quote
    Wtl:dr

Sum your post up in a few quick sentences.

imo we will not see an old class return...will be a new one.

if we do see a return, druid for sure.
    Reply Quote
    time to need new class
    Monk + DH = Dex
    WD + WiZ = Intell
    Barb + ?? = Streng
    Why not- only Barb use streng. It's really BORED

I dont think you learned to read my post....maybe I should do a TLDR...just for you....

TL;DR I have made a viable class in Diablo 3 for a Druid. It is STR based and come complete with skills/runes, passives, and gear, as well as a brand new resource system.
    Reply Quote
    Harmony/Ferocity

That sounds alot better resourcewise.

Also, Werelion seems kind of redundant. With 2 resources, the Druid should have to make use of both, so a werebird (wereraven/wereeagle) with keepaway attacks would be more appropriate for making ranged builds.
    Edited by SparkDragon#1176 on 11/18/2012 1:13 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    itt THE necro forums belong to op
    Reply Quote
    I came here to say the druid was the worst class in D2. 10 years on and off playing and made one once....that was more than enough.
    Reply Quote
    I had an AMAZING nado druid in D2. Only thing i didnt like is that it had a dmg cap on the skill. BOO!

CM/Tank fulfills my tornado needs tho so I would rather see Just a flat out were-whatever class than another elemental caster of any sorts. Leave the animals, take the other nature stuff out.

BEASTMASTER!!!!
    Reply Quote
    cool stuff. been working on my take on a d3 druid as well. I really like your idea for the resource system, that's something i've been stuck on.
    Reply Quote
    IMO Druid was the best class in D2 though. To me it seemed like Jack of all trades and I like that in a class :)
    Reply Quote
    I have nothing to do but wait around at the moment, so I'll try to give in-depth feedback for you on my opinions/thoughts, and maybe a few changes to what you'd listed here.

Resources

I was thinking of 2 new types of resources, and couldnt make up my mind. So I considered, weighed the options, looked at other suggestions on other threads, and finally came up with two new resource systems. One for base characters, the other for the transformed versions of the druid. I like to call the former Harmony, as in being connected to nature, something every druid needs, and the other Bloodlust, or Fervor (I couldnt make a decision on that one, both sound cool and fairly bestial) which represents the animosity of the transformed state. I would have Harmony generate slowly over time, about the same rate as perhaps discipline, and the use of generators would quicken the process. Bloodlust/Fervor would not regenorate over time however, but constantly drain, similar to Fury, but without a cooldown. Meaning this resource would drain nonstop, but slowly. Now...this doesnt mean you have a timer when transformed, it just means you have to manage your skills and resource spending to stay in the form alot longer. There will be generators for this new resource as well, as each form would replace current skills with new ones, revolving around the form. I will go more into depth about skills for each form later.

You should probably explain Harmony and Ferocity a bit more in-depth here. What is it that Harmony does exactly? Is it the primary resource similar to Arcane Power or Hatred? What makes it unique when compared to other classes other than its slow generation and method of generating? This goes with Ferocity as well. You have two resources but you didn't explain what they're used for here.

Primary
  • Oak Club
  • Smashes enemies with an oaken club, dealing 150% weapon dmg.

The name could use some work here, I suspect that the Druid pulls a oak-wood club out and smashes targets over the head with it? This would severely limit aesthetic feedback from weapons the player uses if this is the case, it's always nicer to see a Legendary clock something over the hand than that same club you've been looking at for 60+ levels.

It doesn't seem like you list what resources are generated here either, so there's no real way to correlate Oak Club's power in comparison to something like the Barbarian's Bash, which seems far superior: 165% Weapon Damage and 20% chance to Knockback baseline. Oak Club seems strictly worse in this instance.

11/07/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Zalm
  • Rake
  • Slashes enemies with claws, dealing 135% weapon dmg and causes enemies to bleed for 45% of weapon dmg over 5 seconds.

Like with Oak Club you've given very little feedback here. Is Rake a form-specific ability? Does it require certain forms? Or can it be used at all times. Again the design seems strange as well. Poison Dart is very similar, dealing 100% weapon damage and then 40% over 2 seconds. While the up-front damage is lower the DoT portion is far greater. Rake is also very vanilla feeling, it's a hit with a DoT and nothing more. The runes don't fair much better. Swat seems to only upgrade Rake to decent DPS abilities like Bash, Gash only increases the DoT damage by about 3.5% a second. Long Claws and Bloody Mess only serve to make it into inferior versions of Cleave, and The Yard seems incredibly random.

• Torch
  • Jab at an enemy with a torch, dealing 165% weapon dmg as fire.

Another ability here seems to center on using a pre-determined graphic rather than the player's actual weapon. The damage is where it should be, but again the base ability does nothing special at all. The Runes and the base damage seem to make Torch strictly better than Oak Club. On top of this i'm not entirely sure why a Druid would be carrying around a torch at all times.

• Vine Whip
  • Lashes out at an enemy with a whip made of vines, causing 110% weapon dmg from up to 5 yards away.

A very short range attack that, again, does too-little weapon damage and has nothing special outside of being short-medium ranged. Again the runes are fairly banal and mostly ineffective. Jungle Vines - 10 yards should be the base range. 140% damage should likely be the base damage. Rose Whip could be borderling-overpowered if the Whip did decent damage. Cripple is really bad, a 70% chance to slow for 40% isn't too great. The rune should just cause the whip to slow enemies struck by 40% if it's going to be such a weak slow. Whip Crack is probably one of the worst AoEs in the game. Compare to something like Spectral Blades that, while not as far reaching, does 165% weapon damage baseline.

Secondary
  • Hawk Strike
  • Summons 4 hawks to strike random enemies once each for 140% weapon dmg.

This ability is usable but not necessarily interesting. It feels too much like a higher damage version of the Demon Hunter's companion ability, or her Sentries, but lack the utility of both outside of the Health Globes rune. Each of the runes seem to simply be different ways of dealing damage at different amounts.

• Forest Fire
  • Causes everything within 20 yards of caster to burn, dealing 600% weapon dmg over 6 seconds.

The lack of information here again raises questions. Without a cooldown or cost attached to this, this ability seems extremely overpowered. However the runes and base ability, again, are just different ways for dealing damage. There's really nothing too interesting or unique about this ability outside of the possibility for obscene AoE DPS.

• Trample
  • Charges over enemies, each hit knocking them back and dealing 110% weapon dmg per strike.

From this I'm gathering that Trample is similar to Whirlwind, but lower DPS and with CC. The knockback makes it counter-intuitive if this is the case. Whirlwind is about positioning enemies easily, knocking them all over the place will likely make this ability terrible. Again you don't give any resource costs, so I can't comment on all the runes here. Most this ability's runes seem to just be variations of Charge and Leap's runes.

Defensive
  • Barkskin
  • Turns the Druids skin into bark, reducing all incoming dmg by 20% for 10 seconds.

This ability has potential, due to being a reactive hit defensive ability, but you didn't use any of it, and some of the runes here are just odd, Flossilk's thorns it too low, Flammable seems to just be an immolate with big AoE, petrified is for lazy people who would give up damage reduction for casting the spell less often? Since it has no cooldown I have no idea if that rune is worth it or not.

• Growth
  • Druid grows to a larger than normal size, giving 10% armour and resists. Life regenerates by 200 per second. Lasts 25 seconds.

To be completely honest Growth, and all of its runes, could and probably should, be merged with Barkskin's. This ability is similar to warcry, but is worse in almost every regard.

• Sun Rays
  • Fires a beam of sunlight that so long as the enemy is being hit, it is blinded.

I'm guessing this is similar to Ray of Frost in execution? If so it seems terrible. The lack of description on the ability really leaves me unable to comment, however this skill seems largely useless.

• Healing Herb
  • Places an herb on the ground which regenerates nearby allies for 3% life per second. Radius of 7 yards, lasts for 30 seconds.

This ability is largely ineffective, a 7 yard radius is terribly small and would only be able to effect a single person, two at most. Venus Demon Trap rune on the other hand would be strong when used on bosses, until a certain DPS threshold is reached and it becomes incredibly useless due to a lack of scaling.

Nature
  • Fire Storm
  • Sends out 3 streaks of flame from your feet, moving in a random path for 10 yards, each dealing 235% weapon dmg as fire.

This seems like the first genuinely well-designed ability in this list. Fire Storm was one of my favorite abilities in D2. The runes here seem to add flexibility to the play-value of the skill which is a very large contrast to the other runes you've listed thus far.

• Entangle
  • Sends out a vine that catches a foe, leaving them immobilized and deals 90% weapon dmg per second for 3 seconds.

Another ability that's fairly solid design-wise. It's not perfect but it seems fun and interesting, and a great nod to D2's vine spells. The damage seems a little low, even when considering the CC component, and the Forest of Entanglement should do at least some damage. Otherwise this is a great ability.

• Summon Spirit
  • Summons an ethereal spirit that deals no dmg, but gives the druid 10% max life.

This ability, while a nod to the old Spirit-spells of D2, seems very weak. 10% health isn't a very large boost, and the Runes don't add much in the way of utility other than the resource regen, but due to the resources you listed being so vague I don't know if that's good or not. Spirit of Fire is strictly the best of the runes, and is strictly better than Spirit of Fury. Earthen Spirit was either written wrong or it's terrible, but I'm guessing it was written wrong.

• Totem
  • Crates a totem for the Druid to carry. Totem increases Weapon dmg and reduces all dmg by 10%. Effect has a 10 yard radius and effects all allies within the radius. Effect lasts 60 seconds.

Another Aura with far too-short AoE. The rune effects seem to be either overpowered or terrible. Rhino is the best rune and outclasses everything else by a large margin.

Lycanthropy*
  • Werewolf
  • Shapechanges into a werewolf, increasing Attack Speed by 25%, crit chance by 10%, and over all damage by 5%

• Werebear
  • Shapeshifts into the form of a bear, increasing Life by 20%, crit dmg by 100%, and gives a 10% dmg reduction.

• Werelion

• These abilities feel extremely constraining in that they're all pushed into a somewhat pre-set number of skills. Archon can get away with it purely because of how incredibly powerful it is, but these don't seem nearly as potent, and would either be useless or broken. Also Lycanthropy is specifically wolf-life, Lycan meaning Wolf, so calling this whole set of skills Lycanthropy wouldn't make much sense.

Weather

• Rain
  • Causes a constant rainstorm around the caster, dealing 5% weapon dmg per second. Lasts 120 seconds. Radius of 20 yards.

• Wind
  • Gusts of wind constantly surround the caster with a 20 yard radius, causing 5% weapon dmg per second. Lasts 120 seconds.

• Lightning
  • Lightning occasionally strikes the area around the caster, dealing 5% dmg to all enemies within the 20 radius. Lasts 120 seconds.

• Thunder
  • Crashing thunder shakes the ground within 20 yards, dealing 5% dmg to all enemies. Lasts 120 seconds.

All four of these could be merged into a single ability just called "Weather" or something, with the slight variations between them being runes.

Passives
    Natures Bounty
    Enemies killed by nature skills have a 50% increased chance to drop a health globe.

This seems very bad. Enemies killed by Fire Storm, Entangle, Summon Spirit, or Totem have a 50% chance to drop a globe.

Health globes aren't too exciting to begin with, but the only ability on here that's even useful as an offensive spell is Fire Storm. Entangle does terrible damage, Summon Spirit has a single rune that also does terrible damage, and Totem does literally no damage at all. This Passive basically gives a 50% chance for Fire Storm to leave a health globe if it kills something, which could just be a rune on Fire Storm.

Mother Nature
    All enemies slain within 7 yards regenerate resource.

This seems great, but again you don't explain the Druid's resource system very well, and I've no idea how much his ability cost to begin with. The usefulness of this ability is up in the air fosr those reasons.

Natural Fire
    Increases all fire dmg by 10%

Really only useful with 2-3 abilities. Virtually requires Spirit of Fire to be useful in any way.

Sounds of Nature
    Primary skills increase resource regeneration.

Same as Mother Nature, this could be useful, but how useful I don't know due to lack of information. It also steps on Mother Nature's toes design-wise, and these two abilties could easiyl be merged together.

Wrath of the Beast
    When Transforming into a were-creature, there is a 1% chance to instead be transformed into the Spirit of Nature*. This effect cannot happen more than once every 120 seconds.

1% chance is far too low. The Spirit is also incredibly broken, making this a straight up RNG nightmare ability. It does nothing 99% of the time, and 1% of the time it's completely overpowered.

Harvest Moon
    Increases pick up radius by 3 yards.

Completely awful. Pieces of gear from level 5 onwards would increase pick up radius more.
    Spring Solstice
    Increases Harmony regeneration.

Another resource oriented passive that steps on the toes of others.
    Summer Solstice
    Increases maximum Harmony.

See above.
    Fall Solstice
    Decreases Harmony usage for all Nature, Weather, and Secondary skills.

This doesn't barge into the space of the 4 other resource passives as much, but it doesn't seem too great either. Why would someone need to reduce the costs of their abilities when they have so many other options to just regenerate those costs more quickly? This passive would either be useless or the go-to for resource management.
    Winter Solstice
    Reduces cooldowns from all skills by 15%

A decent passive, but should probably do something in addition to Cooldown Reduction.
    Animal Companions
    All Summoned Creatures remain at your side after transforming.

Another decent passive, though none of the animals seemed particularly useful.
    Woodland Stride
    Barkskin and Growth increase moment speed by 10%

Borderline useless to be honest, even with the poor pool of passives the druid has.
    Bear's Endurance
    All dmg reduced by 3%

The Demon Hunter, the flimsiest class in the game, has a better tanking passive than this.
    Cat's Grace
    Increases Dodge chance by 5%

A terrible version of the Monk passive. Guardian's Path.
    Fox's Cunning
    Increases Crit chance by 5%

Completely awful.

Overall everything about this class wasn't designed with much foresight. Many of the abilities do poor damage, step on each other's toes by doing the same thing or doing a better version of the same thing. Harmony and Ferocity sound boring based on what little you spoke about them, and the crown jewel of the Druid -The alternate forms, seem bland and constraining rather than interesting. They have virtually no synergy with the rest of the class and seem more like gimmicks than anything else. Werelion is also very strange as the Druid is very Celtic influenced, and Lions are an African animal.

All of the Passives are uninteresting and simply worse versions of other class's passives. I would take this whole thing and completely rehaul it as you don't even seem to have the basics of the class down.
    Edited by Omniance#1371 on 10/26/2013 5:09 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I know its been a while, but since I dont play this game, I dont post very often, nor do I read my legacy posts like this. I guess I'll hit this post up from Omniance. You seem familiar somehow...

First off, I Guess I forgot to state...(All damage and damage reductions as well as cooldowns, timers, length and duration of skills and effects can be changed for better or worse based on the power of the skill. All dmg is physical unless otherwise stated.)

I dont know how I can further explain the resources. One is for your human skills, and the other is for your transformed skills...not much else I can get into, since I dont know the complete mechanics of what blizzard would do with the mechanics anyway.

And just to get this out of the way, not ever single class needs to be so absurdly different from the last. Most classes have alot of similar mechanics anyway.

Second, All of the primary skills are the generators similar to the barb fury generators. Of course they wo weak dmg, and there isnt needed much of a description since they all pretty much do simple tasks. And no, generally, most of the skills dont use the druids weapons, since a druid is more or less a nature spell caster, so he/she generally tends to use magic of a nature type, hence thorns, claws and torches.

10/26/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Omniance
    This ability is usable but not necessarily interesting. It feels too much like a higher damage version of the Demon Hunter's companion ability, or her Sentries, but lack the utility of both outside of the Health Globes rune. Each of the runes seem to simply be different ways of dealing damage at different amounts.

Well, there seem to be alot of skills that do things like this. Simply alternate the types of dmg, or the amount. Skills like Arcane Orb and Elemental arrow arent much different between runes aside from various dmg changes. Not intersting, but easily viable to use often.

The lack of information here again raises questions. Without a cooldown or cost attached to this, this ability seems extremely overpowered. However the runes and base ability, again, are just different ways for dealing damage. There's really nothing too interesting or unique about this ability outside of the possibility for obscene AoE DPS.

I would leave the dmg amounts and cooldowns to blizzard for balancing purposes, since I generally dont do that kind of work, but again, its another skill that has alot of use, just not alot of flair.

From this I'm gathering that Trample is similar to Whirlwind, but lower DPS and with CC. The knockback makes it counter-intuitive if this is the case. Whirlwind is about positioning enemies easily, knocking them all over the place will likely make this ability terrible. Again you don't give any resource costs, so I can't comment on all the runes here. Most this ability's runes seem to just be variations of Charge and Leap's runes.

To a degree, this is pretty much a mix of charge, WW and leap. Its not meant to be used as often as leap, though it could be depending on the build I suppose. Its more like trying to use Tempest Rush if anything. Only a very high speed one, in a straight line from point a to point b. Again, I left out resource management for a reason.

This ability has potential, due to being a reactive hit defensive ability, but you didn't use any of it, and some of the runes here are just odd, Flossilk's thorns it too low, Flammable seems to just be an immolate with big AoE, petrified is for lazy people who would give up damage reduction for casting the spell less often? Since it has no cooldown I have no idea if that rune is worth it or not.

Fine tuning dmgs, %s, cooldowns, and resources again would be up to blizzard. I generally used the track records of other skills with their cooldowns and dmgs and the like to gain inspiration, since alot of current skills also seem to be similar to each other as is.

To be completely honest Growth, and all of its runes, could and probably should, be merged with Barkskin's. This ability is similar to warcry, but is worse in almost every regard.

This is literally warcry for a druids. Again, number to be tweaked. Remember, this is supposed to be a more caster oriented melee str based char. It was also formulated as an idea before the crusader was announced.

I'm guessing this is similar to Ray of Frost in execution? If so it seems terrible. The lack of description on the ability really leaves me unable to comment, however this skill seems largely useless.

To you, it might seem useless, and thats fine. Some skills seem useless to some players, awsome to others. This would be more of a support skill, and not a DPS skill. And yes, it would function like ray of frost, only enmies would not be able to land any hits but not take any dmg while being stuck by it. Sorry for the lack of descrip on alot of these, I kinda though people understand what I was going for in them.

This ability is largely ineffective, a 7 yard radius is terribly small and would only be able to effect a single person, two at most. Venus Demon Trap rune on the other hand would be strong when used on bosses, until a certain DPS threshold is reached and it becomes incredibly useless due to a lack of scaling.

More blizzard number tweaking. And more or less, its not meant for the entire team to be affected anywa, the radius would be similar to that of Big Bad Voodoo

This seems like the first genuinely well-designed ability in this list. Fire Storm was one of my favorite abilities in D2. The runes here seem to add flexibility to the play-value of the skill which is a very large contrast to the other runes you've listed thus far.

Sorry my previous skills lacked in flair what they generally made up for in usability.

Another ability that's fairly solid design-wise. It's not perfect but it seems fun and interesting, and a great nod to D2's vine spells. The damage seems a little low, even when considering the CC component, and the Forest of Entanglement should do at least some damage. Otherwise this is a great ability.

I was assuming this would be more CC and less dmg for a skill. Something that holds for a long time, but doesnt do much dmg. They are just thorns after all. Not swords tied into vines.

This ability, while a nod to the old Spirit-spells of D2, seems very weak. 10% health isn't a very large boost, and the Runes don't add much in the way of utility other than the resource regen, but due to the resources you listed being so vague I don't know if that's good or not. Spirit of Fire is strictly the best of the runes, and is strictly better than Spirit of Fury. Earthen Spirit was either written wrong or it's terrible, but I'm guessing it was written wrong.

For the most part, this entire build is a nod to Druids from D2. Also, the spirits would be similar to DH summons like the ferrets. They are untargetable, and last forever, and only offer a slight boost to effectiveness. Again, to be tweaked by blizzard. The only one that attacks is the last one. Also, earthen was correct. 10% life and 5% dmg reduction. Thats a hefty bonus, not even some legendaries get a 5% total dmg reduction.

Another Aura with far too-short AoE. The rune effects seem to be either overpowered or terrible. Rhino is the best rune and outclasses everything else by a large margin.

Again, more tweaking. And I dont exactly want auras to affect everyone everywhere all the time. Especially since this one is so damn potent. And sometimes, there are just runes that are beteer than every other rune involved. Look at Rain of Toads...Would anyone honestly ever use any of the other runes? Not unless they have to.

These abilities feel extremely constraining in that they're all pushed into a somewhat pre-set number of skills. Archon can get away with it purely because of how incredibly powerful it is, but these don't seem nearly as potent, and would either be useless or broken. Also Lycanthropy is specifically wolf-life, Lycan meaning Wolf, so calling this whole set of skills Lycanthropy wouldn't make much sense.

Sorry, at the tie, I didnt remember the word for Anthropromorphic, and I was to tired from brain functions to google it anway. Also, each transformation is supposed to be different, and far more sustainable than archon. The idea of these shifts would be to make them last for a long time, vs archon only lasts for a few seconds. Hence an entire resource bubble upon regeneration with the ability to regenerate more resource to stay in the form longer. This honestly would have been the most confusing and difficult to design portion, and I'll admit, I kinda half assed it. Sorry.

All four of these could be merged into a single ability just called "Weather" or something, with the slight variations between them being runes.

The whole point would be to use all 4 of them at once, taking all four of your skills up and become an epic storm of walking doom. Merging them would make the skill way to OP without using up all of your skill slots. Think of using a Wind Druid. Thats the effect I was going for. Thats an entire build in D2.

This seems very bad. Enemies killed by Fire Storm, Entangle, Summon Spirit, or Totem have a 50% chance to drop a globe.

Health globes aren't too exciting to begin with, but the only ability on here that's even useful as an offensive spell is Fire Storm. Entangle does terrible damage, Summon Spirit has a single rune that also does terrible damage, and Totem does literally no damage at all. This Passive basically gives a 50% chance for Fire Storm to leave a health globe if it kills something, which could just be a rune on Fire Storm.

Number tweaked, blah blah. Again, the difficulty is the reason why its 50%. Aside from firestorm, using ANYTHING would make it difficult to get a kill, so you get a decent reward when you do.

This seems great, but again you don't explain the Druid's resource system very well, and I've no idea how much his ability cost to begin with. The usefulness of this ability is up in the air fosr those reasons.

Again, resources would be worked out from blizzard, but needless to say, it would be helpful to spam abilities like firestorm of use weather builds.

Really only useful with 2-3 abilities. Virtually requires Spirit of Fire to be useful in any way.

Useful for certain builds. Kinda like Ballistics for DH...its build specific. Not everything synergises with everything on every character.

Same as Mother Nature, this could be useful, but how useful I don't know due to lack of information. It also steps on Mother Nature's toes design-wise, and these two abilties could easiyl be merged together.

The generators only build a base amount of resource, like they do with every class. This passive would increas that amount by whatever amount blizzard deems good. I would tell you to get off the case of the resources, but since this was posted like 2 months ago, I'm not gonna bother.

1% chance is far too low. The Spirit is also incredibly broken, making this a straight up RNG nightmare ability. It does nothing 99% of the time, and 1% of the time it's completely overpowered.

I dont get any credit for using an RNG based skill? Meh. The numbers could be tweaked on both the spirit form and the chances of the skill. I just thought it would be interesting to go epic mode once in a while. Sorry about this one being poorly planned out.

Completely awful. Pieces of gear from level 5 onwards would increase pick up radius more.

Number tweaking, yadda. And this is a passive, so you dont need to get it on gear.

Another resource oriented passive that steps on the toes of others.

Lotta classes have passives that increase maximum resources and regeneration. Doesnt mean this one cant.

This doesn't barge into the space of the 4 other resource passives as much, but it doesn't seem too great either. Why would someone need to reduce the costs of their abilities when they have so many other options to just regenerate those costs more quickly? This passive would either be useless or the go-to for resource management.

Either stack tons of resources and spam all your skilsl, or cut their costs and use other various passives and manage your resources, both route offer lots of viablility to do dmg, just in different methods. Take your pick. Sorry I'm offering alternate routes to the same goals.

A decent passive, but should probably do something in addition to Cooldown Reduction.

Other classes have differeing amounts of cooldown reduction, and nothing else for their passive. See Boon of Bul-Kathos, Beacon of Ytar, Tribal Rites, and Evocation. All they do is lower cooldowns, why should this class be special and get more than just reduced cooldowns?

Another decent passive, though none of the animals seemed particularly useful.

Simply because you didnt like them doesnt mean others wouldnt. Some might do a transforming summoner build. Some might do half storm, half pets build. Who knows?

Borderline useless to be honest, even with the poor pool of passives the druid has.

Pre ROS stuff, this was supposed to go above the 25% max....I remember this would have been viewed as gold. Might need to be reworked now I suppose.

The Demon Hunter, the flimsiest class in the game, has a better tanking passive than this.

Touche. I suppose it also should be tweaked some. Maybe by blizzard, to increase its dmg resistances to be more in line with other passives from other classes.

A terrible version of the Monk passive. Guardian's Path.

Needs to be blizzard tweaked, but not, this is pretty much just straight dodge chance gain. No need to use certain gear to get it.

Completely awful.

Really?....increased crit chance is bad now? Seems like everyone else disaggrees with you. (Dont worry, I dont like crit chance/crit dmg being the end all be all stats either)

Overall everything about this class wasn't designed with much foresight. Many of the abilities do poor damage, step on each other's toes by doing the same thing or doing a better version of the same thing. Harmony and Ferocity sound boring based on what little you spoke about them, and the crown jewel of the Druid -The alternate forms, seem bland and constraining rather than interesting. They have virtually no synergy with the rest of the class and seem more like gimmicks than anything else. Werelion is also very strange as the Druid is very Celtic influenced, and Lions are an African animal.

Again, all of the numbers would be tweaked by blizzard to balance. I just used comparable skills and their dmgs from other classes to give an idea of what to expect. Sorry you didnt like the dual use resources, also sorry I didnt really expand on those resources. I did kinda half !@# the whole thing. I didnt expect it to last. I did the necromancer first, and tons of people asked me to do a druid version of my necro, which was much more popular and more thought out. I cant help it, I spent weeks on the necro, and hours on the druid. What you have here is the stark difference between well planned and properly thought out ideas vs rushed brainstorming hashed up ideas.

And to be honest, I really got tired towards the end, so I literally copied some of the passives. If this gets enough revenue again, I might consider doing a more serious version with better planned skills, numbers and explanations. Consider this a rough draft, and I'm only going for a final draft if I get a good review.
    Reply Quote
    I want to play druid with my big club, I want to shapeshift into werebear sometimes (like barbarian's cooldown called Berserk or something) and use STR as main stat! Yes! I am a druid!

So, thats all :P
    Edited by Lignos#1947 on 2/25/2014 10:05 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]