Diablo® III

CM profiles wanted

i see no reason why you guys cant have profiles that just dont have any way to contact/find you in game.

i think everyone would enjoy seeing how CM's and blizzard employees play the game.

I can totally understand why the CM's wouldn't show char profiles. Just look at all the Jay Wilson has a Barb comments in these forums. Anytime a CM posts about a particular class and also has one or does not have one then that will get used against them.

Too many times profiles are used to discredit posters. Sometimes it is even warranted. So yea i cant see any good coming from that info being made public. Having said that it would be a nice option to be able to make ones profile private if we choose to. Anyone with either a Starcraft or WOW can hide thier Diablo profile so is sorta BS we all dont have the same option. Not that I need it or would use it.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Charger
We also tend to talk a lot about our play experiences on Twitter, so free to follow us: @Lylirra @Grimiku and @Vaeflare

Bashiok is no longer a CM here? =(

He left us for WoW MoP for now, he's the CM over there. When duty calls! I'm sure he'll check in from time to time and possibly even be reassigned here again - still a D3 guy at heart after all !
Reply Quote
Meh, seems a little strange to beg off being able to see profiles for fear of harassment but that is a basic functionality for the rest of the community to be harassed with. I suppose if I had the choice I'd want this too, maybe?
Edited by Brawl#1201 on 11/9/2012 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Stoneslammer
Anyone with either a Starcraft or WOW can hide thier Diablo profile so is sorta BS we all dont have the same option. Not that I need it or would use it.

Only if you never edit your posts though. Since your D3 battletag shows up at the bottom of edited posts. Some of us have just been posting with these avatars for so long and there's no reason to swap over.

VVV
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 11/9/2012 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Blues posting here in the forums (especially this guy) trying to make it seem that he's one of us, regular casual gamers annoys the hell out of me. Show us your profile then. Yeah..riiight!
Reply Quote
I want to level up with a CM in HC. Cause they'll be kinda noob, and I'm pro at 1-60 in HC. (I haven't read any accounts of CMs who play HC more than normal mode) And I have tons of stuff to help level up and do legit, but very fast progression. 15 combat hours is plenty to be 60 and reeling in Hell Diablo.

And I can almost guarantee CMs' playstyles would rather that than leeching crater runs. Alas, they have to remain forever anonymous. I also would guess they don't play tons and tons -- I'd like to plan out maybe ~3 hours every few days or a week or so.. get that 20something WD steadily to 60! And WD is very strong in HC currently -- should be able to add to the 60HC community pretty easily right away once leveled.

add meeee, CMs! you don't have to tell me you're you '-';
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Brawl
Meh, seems a little strange to beg off being able to see profiles for fear of harassment but that is a basic functionality for the rest of the community to be harassed with. I suppose if I had the choice I'd want this too, maybe?

Really? The difference is that nobody knows who you are, let alone cares about harassing you. If they posted their profiles, they'd be spammed with friend requests non-stop. Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you don't have that problem. (except gold sellers)
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Ringo
Anyone with either a Starcraft or WOW can hide thier Diablo profile so is sorta BS we all dont have the same option. Not that I need it or would use it.

Only if you never edit your posts though. Since your D3 battletag shows up at the bottom of edited posts. Some of us have just been posting with these avatars for so long and there's no reason to swap over.

VVV

+1 to you for actually editing your post just to show your profile =P
Reply Quote
Blue profiles should have been made public long ago. Harrassment is countered by strict forum moderation, but the community needs blues who know their stuff, and actually have a clue.

They may not be the devs, and simply communicate between devs and players, but you can see why people are concerned if blues aren't knowledgeable "enough". They don't have to be pros. But they definitely cannot be like some of those from the WoW forums.

Our profiles are there for all to see and critique. If blues are going to make statements they stand by, their profiles should be public to see if they know what's up at the least basic level.

Otherwise, it's very difficult to take them on their word.

To be fair though, blues in this forum haven't (yet) been the sort that WoW players were accustomed to. Generally the atmosphere is more cordial and civil.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Wilson
Blues posting here in the forums (especially this guy) trying to make it seem that he's one of us, regular casual gamers annoys the hell out of me.

Why?
Reply Quote
Blue profiles should have been made public long ago. Harrassment is countered by strict forum moderation, but the community needs blues who know their stuff, and actually have a clue.

They may not be the devs, and simply communicate between devs and players, but you can see why people are concerned if blues aren't knowledgeable "enough". They don't have to be pros. But they definitely cannot be like some of those from the WoW forums.

Our profiles are there for all to see and critique. If blues are going to make statements they stand by, their profiles should be public to see if they know what's up at the least basic level.

Otherwise, it's very difficult to take them on their word.

To be fair though, blues in this forum haven't (yet) been the sort that WoW players were accustomed to. Generally the atmosphere is more cordial and civil.

I didnt think it was mandatory to post with your profile displayed.

That and i think someone that helped create the game could be said to have pretty extensive knowledge of the game.

Actually creating the game > having an uber weapon.
Reply Quote
How many chars do you have ?
Do you play hardcore ?
Do you use the Auction house (gold or $) or play with self-drop ?
At which paragon level are you with your best char ?

I have four characters, but I am mostly focused on my main who is a Witch Doctor. I also have a 60 Barbarian, a mid-30's Demon Hunter, and a mid-20's Hardcore Witch Doctor.

I use the gold auction house with my main, but my alts use nothing except self-found items. And all the gold I get goes to my main who is Paragon 16 for now.

[quote]You guys uber Blizz geared? "Sword of a thousand truths" <== South park reference LOL

Without being condescending, hateful or confrontational I will like to point out that you will be considered a noob , not a high profile player.

I will also like to think that you DO NOT have an input in class balance meetings , I hardly
think you can make correct suggestions with your limited playing experience.

I am asking Asking for forgiveness and I will consider not divulging your progress.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 12:27 AMPosted by MasterJay

Bashiok is no longer a CM here? =(

He left us for WoW MoP for now, he's the CM over there. When duty calls! I'm sure he'll check in from time to time and possibly even be reassigned here again - still a D3 guy at heart after all !

He didn't leave. They make him leave.
Reply Quote
@Puchi
Really? Says the guy at level 18?
Edited by Pigwing#1397 on 11/9/2012 9:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
We may not be able to provide you with links to our profiles (largely to help prevent against possible harassment issues), but if you have questions about our Diablo III play experiences you can always ask us. We’re usually pretty open about what we’re current playing or experiencing with, and we love to chat about that kind of thing with fellow players whenever we can. We also tend to talk a lot about our play experiences on Twitter, so free to follow us: @Lylirra @Grimiku and @Vaeflare

Need your "HELP" and "ASSIST"
1- How come defeating KEYWARDEN in INFERNO Lvl 60 above with 5 stack nephalem yet no drop key item? Been many rounds on respective location but nothing was given.
2- Everybody Loves SHen - "Victory" with unachievable even been through many times defeating Diablo. I constant chat with him to ensure the achievement are in sequence and according...yet nothing. WHY?
Reply Quote
@Puchi
Really? Says the guy at level 18?

do you think I will use my main account to call out a CM?

Really?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Without being condescending, hateful or confrontational I will like to point out that you will be considered a noob , not a high profile player.

I will also like to think that you DO NOT have an input in class balance meetings , I hardly
think you can make correct suggestions with your limited playing experience.

We're community managers, not developers or testers. Our job is to relay community feedback to the developers, ensure that they're aware of the latest trends and hot topics, be a voice/advocate for the player whenever possible, and (in return) communicate information from the development team back to you. There are a myriad of other responsibilities, too, but those are the big ones.

Whether or not we're "noobs" in your mind is irrelevant to our ability to perform our jobs well.
Reply Quote
How many chars do you have ?
Do you play hardcore ?
Do you use the Auction house (gold or $) or play with self-drop ?
At which paragon level are you with your best char ?

I have four characters, but I am mostly focused on my main who is a Witch Doctor. I also have a 60 Barbarian, a mid-30's Demon Hunter, and a mid-20's Hardcore Witch Doctor.

I use the gold auction house with my main, but my alts use nothing except self-found items. And all the gold I get goes to my main who is Paragon 16 for now.

You guys uber Blizz geared? "Sword of a thousand truths" <== South park reference LOL

We do not get special items or treatment as employees, and with that in mind I would say my gear is pretty average. My main character rarely sells items on the gold auction house, so most items are bought on a small budget. The most expensive item on my purchase history only went for 2 million gold and is a 914 DPS ceremonial knife.

Do you realize you just gave enough info so people can find you?
Edited by Spaceghost#1311 on 11/9/2012 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
We may not be able to provide you with links to our profiles (largely to help prevent against possible harassment issues), but if you have questions about our Diablo III play experiences you can always ask us. We’re usually pretty open about what we’re current playing or experiencing with, and we love to chat about that kind of thing with fellow players whenever we can. We also tend to talk a lot about our play experiences on Twitter, so free to follow us: @Lylirra @Grimiku and @Vaeflare

Any chance you can post screens of your characters with it's items and just EDIT OUT anything that can draw information that leads back to you? (i.e. character names, ID #s, etc)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]