Diablo® III

CM profiles wanted

Community Manager
11/09/2012 09:24 AMPosted by titanX
1- How come defeating KEYWARDEN in INFERNO Lvl 60 above with 5 stack nephalem yet no drop key item? Been many rounds on respective location but nothing was given.

What Monster Power level are you playing on, out of curiosity? At No Monster Power, both the keys and the demonic organs have a 5% chance to drop. At MP1, that chance goes up to 10%, and then it will increase by another 10% for each additional MP level.

We're unaware of any bugs with key/organ drops (we've been keeping a close eye on that), and if you take a look at these forums players are seeing key drops all the time. It's possible it's just a streak of bad luck, you know?

In fact, I've been having similar problems with the Act II keywarden myself; he's being a big jerk and won't deliver. /shakes fist

11/09/2012 09:24 AMPosted by titanX
2- Everybody Loves SHen - "Victory" with unachievable even been through many times defeating Diablo. I constant chat with him to ensure the achievement are in sequence and according...yet nothing. WHY?

It's a bug. :(
Reply Quote
What Monster Power level are you playing on, out of curiosity? At No Monster Power, both the keys and the demonic organs have a 5% chance to drop. At MP1, that chance goes up to 10%, and then it will increase by another 10% for each additional MP level.

We're unaware of any bugs with key/organ drops (we've been keeping a close eye on that), and if you take a look at these forums players are seeing key drops all the time. It's possible it's just a streak of bad luck, you know?

To add to this, people tend to forget that MF does not increase your chances of getting a key/organ drop.
Edited by Seraphi#1863 on 11/9/2012 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Without being condescending, hateful or confrontational I will like to point out that you will be considered a noob , not a high profile player.

I will also like to think that you DO NOT have an input in class balance meetings , I hardly
think you can make correct suggestions with your limited playing experience.

We're community managers, not developers or testers. Our job is to relay community feedback to the developers, ensure that they're aware of the latest trends and hot topics, be a voice/advocate for the player whenever possible, and (in return) communicate information from the development team back to you. There are a myriad of other responsibilities, too, but those are the big ones.

Whether or not we're "noobs" in your mind is irrelevant to our ability to perform our jobs well.

Good point, you are not a developer. I never meant to insult you, I just was under the impression that one of your responsibilities was to relay the "breadth" of the players in the forums to the dev team. For that, I must confess that I find 90 % IMPOSSIBLE for a paragon 19 to be adequately geared with only one AH buy. Not being geared properly will not let you see the imbalances that most of the forum complains about it.
For example , do you really feel the wrath of Reflect Damage?

I know I will hear a backslash from players that didn't use the AH to progress , but realistically is a very minuscule percentage.
Reply Quote
Good point, you are not a developer. I never meant to insult you, I just was under the impression that one of your responsibilities was to relay the "breadth" of the players in the forums to the dev team. For that, I must confess that I find 90 % IMPOSSIBLE for a paragon 19 to be adequately geared with only one AH buy. Not being geared properly will not let you see the imbalances that most of the forum complains about it.

I know I will hear a backslash from players that didn't use the AH to progress , but realistically is a very minuscule percentage.

Who's to say they're not part of that miniscule percentage?

You'll hear backlash because you're being a jerk, making asinine assumptions, with no backing.
Reply Quote
Who's to say they're not part of that miniscule percentage?

You'll hear backlash because you're being a jerk, making asinine assumptions, with no backing.[/quote]

As expected.
I predicted it.
Reply Quote
[/quote]

In fact, I've been having similar problems with the Act II keywarden myself; he's being a big jerk and won't deliver. /shakes fist

[/quote]

I thought he just hated me. Glad to know I'm not alone.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Puchi

I don't personally have a problem with the affix. It's not my favorite, but I've learned how to deal with those Elite packs and I've got gear that supports it.

My personal experiences don't represent all players, though. And that's a very important realization when it comes to being a community manager. While knowledge and awareness of the game is critical (since it provides context to the feedback we're seeing), we can't let our own opinions bias what we pass on to the development team. We can politely disagree, of course, but we keep that to ourselves. :)

Our goal is to pass along information to the developers that will allow them to make informed decisions -- ones that they feel will benefit the long-term health of the game -- not further our own personal agendas as players of Diablo III.

(That said, I think the changes we're considering to Reflects Damage are super interesting, and I'd love to see how they might be implemented.)
Reply Quote
I could honestly care less about these profiles... I just want to see one of them post a video of an average Wiz like mine trying his best with cheaply bought and found items going up against RD / Molten / Arcane Sentry. Or just as well stand up to 12 Maniacs bursting thru a doorway you can't see and exploding in your face... LOL

Do that and tell me the game doesn't need a tweak...

And please don't check my profile and rag on me. Remember some people experiment with items and just because I don't always put my best crap on before logging off doesn't mean I don't have better gear.

I'm just curious to see how these people handle what seems to trouble most people I know and game with. I've never EVER seen anyone stand thru 2 Sentries let alone the 12 I usually see as I'm jailed or walled in. Walsh BTW that only a couple of spells actually go thru or hit past.

Or the ever popular RD affix. I just don't see many Wizards that have 8K armor and 800 resists, although at one time I did have over 1250 resist all before I gave it up. With all that I still died instantly from elemental damage so why bother stacking it..? I turned it all off cause it was mostly pointless to have stacked and die anyway. Now I use other things which takes me to my real point.

Ever since I started everything I saws and read about nerds and buffs was about balancing and using various builds. But each patch requires me to use less and less variation and forces me to find the one build that is most effective thus forsaking any variation at all.

With 1.05 they nerfed Wiz Armor and Resists and have all Elites RD it seems line some days. So show me an average Wiz like myself with about:
6000 Armor
550 Res All
44 - 48,000 Hit points and
100 - 125,000 DPS

Show me a CM Wizard taking on these uber affixes...

I know there are multitudes of better Wizards than I and many also less well equipped so I think of my build as more or less average. My best weapon and gear Life stats are:
2.9 Life Steal
900± Life Regen and
500 - 1100 Life on Hit.

I think I am average at best and cannot afford not have seen better drops so show me how to defeat these Affix Combos.

I would love to see a response rather than have every mean a$$ bully climb out of the woodwork to attack me and tell me how UN-Average I really am...
Reply Quote
The main difference between "noobs" and "pros" is the grasp of game information that is not readily available.

Basic mechanics like proc coefficients are only understood because of people spending hours testing it when it could have been easily relayed in the skill tooltip or on the web guide.
Reply Quote
The fact the community knows Jay Wilson rolls a barb hasn't resulted in trolling, cynicism, or negatively affected discussion at all..... oh' wait, nvm.

Don't fall for it.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Lylirra

I don't personally have a problem with the affix. It's not my favorite, but I've learned how to deal with those Elite packs and I've got gear that supports it.

My personal experiences don't represent all players, though. And that's a very important realization when it comes to being a community manager. While knowledge and awareness of the game is critical (since it provides context to the feedback we're seeing), we can't let our own opinions bias what we pass on to the development team. We can politely disagree, of course, but we keep that to ourselves. :)

Our goal is to pass along information to the developers that will allow them to make informed decisions -- ones that they feel will benefit the long-term health of the game -- not further our own personal agendas as players of Diablo III.

(That said, I think the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#30"]changes we're considering[/url] to Reflects Damage are super interesting, and I'd love to see how they might be implemented.)

That is why I like your posts. You give me hope, and feel that you can relay the community
message to the dev team.
Thank you
Reply Quote
I could honestly care less about these profiles... I just want to see one of them post a video of an average Wiz like mine trying his best with cheaply bought and found items going up against RD / Molten / Arcane Sentry. Or just as well stand up to 12 Maniacs bursting thru a doorway you can't see and exploding in your face... LOL

Do that and tell me the game doesn't need a tweak...

And please don't check my profile and rag on me. Remember some people experiment with items and just because I don't always put my best crap on before logging off doesn't mean I don't have better gear.

I'm just curious to see how these people handle what seems to trouble most people I know and game with. I've never EVER seen anyone stand thru 2 Sentries let alone the 12 I usually see as I'm jailed or walled in. Walsh BTW that only a couple of spells actually go thru or hit past.

Or the ever popular RD affix. I just don't see many Wizards that have 8K armor and 800 resists, although at one time I did have over 1250 resist all before I gave it up. With all that I still died instantly from elemental damage so why bother stacking it..? I turned it all off cause it was mostly pointless to have stacked and die anyway. Now I use other things which takes me to my real point.

Ever since I started everything I saws and read about nerds and buffs was about balancing and using various builds. But each patch requires me to use less and less variation and forces me to find the one build that is most effective thus forsaking any variation at all.

With 1.05 they nerfed Wiz Armor and Resists and have all Elites RD it seems line some days. So show me an average Wiz like myself with about:
6000 Armor
550 Res All
44 - 48,000 Hit points and
100 - 125,000 DPS

Show me a CM Wizard taking on these uber affixes...

I know there are multitudes of better Wizards than I and many also less well equipped so I think of my build as more or less average. My best weapon and gear Life stats are:
2.9 Life Steal
900± Life Regen and
500 - 1100 Life on Hit.

I think I am average at best and cannot afford not have seen better drops so show me how to defeat these Affix Combos.

I would love to see a response rather than have every mean a$$ bully climb out of the woodwork to attack me and tell me how UN-Average I really am...

My wizzy is similar to yours and I have no problems. you have better regen and life steal which mine doesn't. The real only times i do have problems is when im not paying attention or being serious.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Lylirra

Out of curiosity, whereabouts does your DPS sit? I was also kind of confused about what all the people QQing about RD were talking about up to about the 60k unbuffed DPS mark. Then all of a sudden my mitigation stopped being able to keep up and I was like "oh, I get it now."

Not that it's especially hard to deal with; I just keep a budget dual-leech weapon in my inventory, but it is pretty dramatic how it goes from "completely ignorable" to "requires more adjustment to play style than any other affix" in such a small span of DPS.
Reply Quote
"I don't personally have a problem with the affix. It's not my favorite, but I've learned how to deal with those Elite packs and I've got gear that supports it.

My personal experiences don't represent all players, though. And that's a very important realization when it comes to being a community manager. While knowledge and awareness of the game is critical (since it provides context to the feedback we're seeing), we can't let our own opinions bias what we pass on to the development team. We can politely disagree, of course, but we keep that to ourselves. :)"

The first thing he says completly ruins his point of it not being as big a deal as people are making it out to be. He says he has learned how to deal with it and his gear supports his way of dealing with them. So basically you had a much greater time dealing with this affix over others as you had to learn new ways to deal with it and you have changed gear to not get owned by it. What other affix did you have to learn about after the patch? NONE. What other affix reqiured a change of gear? NONE. DMG reflect is trash and affects the 3 ranged classes who have crap armor and no 30% base reduction while giving barbs who are already the best int he game by far another leg up. I love how my hydra is affected by dmg reflect yet my LPH doesnt work with it, yea nice designing....
Edited by Malzarius#1205 on 11/9/2012 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I dont know but can one of the CM's maybe make a doc with all there gear that would be awesome! Everyone wants to know how geared you guys are :p
Reply Quote
look at my sorc build I can do mp 5 and 6 only dying a few times. I do less damage and have less resist than you also
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 01:32 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I simply want to point out that CMs need to play the game extensively to be an effective advocate for players.

We do. Quite a bit. We even make sure that we play together weekly during scheduled sessions. We may not all be Paragon 100 or have 80k+ Elite kills to each of our characters' names, but we're still experienced gamers and go out of our way to contextualize the feedback we see on a day-to-day basis.

As for your example, that was information provided directly from the developers, not something based in personal opinion.

11/09/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Malzarius
The first thing he says completly ruins his point of it not being as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

No. I'm saying that just because my personal experience has been different doesn't mean that feedback regarding the difficulty of Reflects Damage is any less valid. Please read the whole post and try to understand its context. =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]