Diablo® III

CM profiles wanted

you know, what we are really interested in, is PvP coming before or after China crushed America?
Reply Quote
isn't there someway you guys could setup a community gaming session with fake or hidden btags? I mean, you are the ppl that made the game...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 02:16 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Wouldn't it be better not to post comments that are disconnected from reality?

We know some players may not always agree with how the game designed, or why some changes are made. It's not worth lying or purposely misrepresenting information, though.

As for Hellfire Rings, we didn't want a single item to be a source of Brimstone farming. Even so, we're currently evaluating what else we might allow the rings to salvage into.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Lylirra
For example , do you really feel the wrath of Reflect Damage?

I don't personally have a problem with the affix. It's not my favorite, but I've learned how to deal with those Elite packs and I've got gear that supports it.

My personal experiences don't represent all players, though. And that's a very important realization when it comes to being a community manager. While knowledge and awareness of the game is critical (since it provides context to the feedback we're seeing), we can't let our own opinions bias what we pass on to the development team. We can politely disagree, of course, but we keep that to ourselves. :)

Our goal is to pass along information to the developers that will allow them to make informed decisions -- ones that they feel will benefit the long-term health of the game -- not further our own personal agendas as players of Diablo III.

(That said, I think the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#30"]changes we're considering[/url] to Reflects Damage are super interesting, and I'd love to see how they might be implemented.)

What MP level are you playing, and what is your DPS?

I mean, I don't have a problem with this affix in MP 1-4, because I can kill them faster than they can kill me.

In MP7, my current level of farming, if I jump into a pack all in dps, and it is reflect damage, I can die almost instantly. All depends if the pack is squishi or not. And 10k life on hit won't even change a thing.
Reply Quote
Get a life people. Stop making a daily regiment out of harassing CM's.

Why do we care what their profiles look like?

I think it good enough that they play....kudos to you, CM's.

you call this harassment?

Do you remember the past several months, and all the hate and spite a lot of players directed at Bashiok? Or where you not here, reading it every day?

How long do you think it will be, before the same players will go after the blues if they have a public display of their characters?

Show some common sense, and let it go. There's no reason for anyone to click on a link to see all those details.
Reply Quote

I don't personally have a problem with the affix. It's not my favorite, but I've learned how to deal with those Elite packs and I've got gear that supports it.

My personal experiences don't represent all players, though. And that's a very important realization when it comes to being a community manager. While knowledge and awareness of the game is critical (since it provides context to the feedback we're seeing), we can't let our own opinions bias what we pass on to the development team. We can politely disagree, of course, but we keep that to ourselves. :)

Our goal is to pass along information to the developers that will allow them to make informed decisions -- ones that they feel will benefit the long-term health of the game -- not further our own personal agendas as players of Diablo III.

(That said, I think the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006893362?page=2#30"]changes we're considering[/url] to Reflects Damage are super interesting, and I'd love to see how they might be implemented.)

Confirmed Lylirra is a CM/WW like myself or a WW/DT barb! Those are basically the only two builds that aren't noticing reflect damage at all.

Her professional unbiased side: "I personally don't have a problem with reflect damage, but we'll look at the majority of feedback to make a fair change"
Her gamer competitive side: "Lololol u bads mad about RD, get on my level! Gotta get devs to cater to u again FFS!"

XD

I'm only kidding, please don't 48 hr forum ban me :(

Reflect changes sound good, promotes gearing and build diversity. Will help drop the insane prices on those manditory LS weapons like skorns too. 1-2 billion cuz of 6% LS, really?
Reply Quote
Do you remember the past several months, and all the hate and spite a lot of players directed at Bashiok? Or where you not here, reading it every day?

How long do you think it will be, before the same players will go after the blues if they have a public display of their characters?

Show some common sense, and let it go. There's no reason for anyone to click on a link to see all those details.

I think it's fun we can't see em, we could even make a thread about it to guess what they are and what kinda stats they have by what they post. Might be a little stalkerish so just don't name call them directly in the title and baam gtg. I'm going to guess that Grim has about 60k dps while Lylirra has around 80k so actually I don't believe she's a CM/WW Wizard. Mainly cuz it would be like:

Lylirra: "Hey guys look perma freeze ubers lololol ez!"
Dev: "Yah ..no that's not cool Lylirra, probably gonna have to nerf that..again."
Reply Quote

I don't get it, are there not spreadsheets that have formula's throughout that give you the changes that occur. If A and B change, than X, Y, and Z happen... etc with different magnitudes? Testing is more than a linear task such as does it work. It's also, what effects does it have. Throughout all these patches, it just feels like every time there is a change, something was forgotten to be calculated or slid under the table as "whatever".

I just feel like if I had my hands wrapped around one project so much, that any change (no matter what it was) I would know the effects across the board which would make me work at it even more to make sure things were being calculated better and working as intended. For example, I work with forecasts of budgets and extreme modeling of projects and when anything in a calculation changes. I know exactly what else needs to be modified to correct this change somewhere else and what effects a change will have.

Of course we appreciate the feedback, but again, this is something that should have been addressed before it was released.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
I simply want to point out that CMs need to play the game extensively to be an effective advocate for players.

We do. Quite a bit. We even make sure that we play together weekly during scheduled sessions. We may not all be Paragon 100 or have 80k+ Elite kills to each of our characters' names, but we're still experienced gamers and go out of our way to contextualize the feedback we see on a day-to-day basis.

As for your example, that was information provided directly from the developers, not something based in personal opinion.

The first thing he says completly ruins his point of it not being as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

No. I'm saying that just because my personal experience has been different doesn't mean that feedback regarding the difficulty of Reflects Damage is any less valid. Please read the whole post and try to understand its context. =/

Your profiles should be public then.
Reply Quote
can u guys please consider lowering the damage amt on arcane torrent affix? or at least dont allow minions to create them, just the elite? its very annoying and theres no solution when ur battling a monster and they spawn 5 arcane torrents right under you. so its a guarenteed death.
Reply Quote
CMs play Diablo 3 at work? :D
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
I simply want to point out that CMs need to play the game extensively to be an effective advocate for players.

We do. Quite a bit. We even make sure that we play together weekly during scheduled sessions. We may not all be Paragon 100 or have 80k+ Elite kills to each of our characters' names, but we're still experienced gamers and go out of our way to contextualize the feedback we see on a day-to-day basis.

As for your example, that was information provided directly from the developers, not something based in personal opinion.

The first thing he says completly ruins his point of it not being as big a deal as people are making it out to be.

No. I'm saying that just because my personal experience has been different doesn't mean that feedback regarding the difficulty of Reflects Damage is any less valid. Please read the whole post and try to understand its context. =/

I may not be a great player, but I'd personally love to sit in on one of the sessions you lads have and just see what goes on while you play, what sort of discussions come up etc.
Reply Quote

Reflect damage now does 18% damage reflected as a rolling dot over 5 seconds. MAKE IT SO. Also nerf pet damage including but not limited to zombie explosion. Fair and balanced. No need to thank me. WR out.
Reply Quote
How many chars do you have ?
Do you play hardcore ?
Do you use the Auction house (gold or $) or play with self-drop ?
At which paragon level are you with your best char ?

I have four characters, but I am mostly focused on my main who is a Witch Doctor. I also have a 60 Barbarian, a mid-30's Demon Hunter, and a mid-20's Hardcore Witch Doctor.

I use the gold auction house with my main, but my alts use nothing except self-found items. And all the gold I get goes to my main who is Paragon 16 for now.

You guys uber Blizz geared? "Sword of a thousand truths" <== South park reference LOL

We do not get special items or treatment as employees, and with that in mind I would say my gear is pretty average. My main character rarely sells items on the gold auction house, so most items are bought on a small budget. The most expensive item on my purchase history only went for 2 million gold and is a 914 DPS ceremonial knife.

Hopefully they give you black jack and hookers then. You deserve something.
Reply Quote
how about i crit your face off(mind you its what it feels like) with a celestial arcane orb, and do over 10x the health you currently have, reflect damage = death runs for a high dps build, esspecially a wizard on our sets and legendaries we dont get the benefit of damg to life percentage esspecially boned when having to use a source and wand...and you play the game in sessions together ohh honey try alone for a change not everyone wanted this to be online only and yes they play alone...you announce an expansion and the game is far from fixed with no pvp but then again WE DONT NEED IT IT WAS NEVER AN INTEGRAL PART OF DIABLO, it was something to do on the side, this is not wow, that mmo was developed from parts of d2....to fix the game tell them to add more RPG back into it like idk 1 and 2..okay thanks
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
We may not be able to provide you with links to our profiles (largely to help prevent against possible harassment issues), but if you have questions about our Diablo III play experiences you can always ask us. We’re usually pretty open about what we’re current playing or experiencing with, and we love to chat about that kind of thing with fellow players whenever we can.

Are you identified in any way if we meet any of you online? I mean it's probably impossible to know there is a Blue in a party, right? Unless the char name is the same but anybody can use the same name so I think that just like here on the forum, we should be able to spot you easily and have confirmation you're a Blue.

How many ftriends you all have? Just like here s soon as you reply in a thread it become popular, if we were able to identify you online you would have a lot of friend request... maybe it's disabled for you though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]