Diablo® III

Missing Hero on account

So. I ended up with a missing character - my DH.

Before anyone asks me to switch server/check the restore/revert button next to the delete button in the character creation screen, I'll state - I tried it all.

There was no green arrow option next to the delete character option.

http://www.battle.net/support/article/4600047
http://www.battle.net/support/article/4100054

I did leave the account logged in for the whole day - of which, I was out / away, and came back only to see that the server had an error message which indicated that it had logged me out.

When I logged back in, the the main DH character was missing. The gold and items in the stash still remained untouched, as well as the other two characters. As a note; no one has physical access to my computer to delete the DH.

I tried the suggestion of switching regions, but the DH character was not on either of the European or Asian servers either. Trying to recreate a DH character on the Americas server allowed me to create a level 1 character.

By checking my profile, it is possible to confirm that the main character for my account is the DH - based on hours played and existing achievements on the account.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
chr,

This is something you'd need to submit a support ticket for as we can't do anything about it here in the forums.

This article will lead you through the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
Reply Quote
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

Battle.net Account: [email here]

In the event a compromise is found we can use a restore point. However, having reviewed our records multiple times, we were unable to verify a compromise took place. As a result, no rollback was performed.

Account security is critically important. To help protect your account, we recommend following the Security Checklist (http://us.battle.net/security/checklist) on our Account Security site: http://us.battle.net/security/.

Thank you again for contacting us. If you have further questions regarding this issue, please reply to this ticket. If you would prefer to speak with a representative directly, our contact information is available here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
www.battle.net/support

Uh. So can I clarify this?

If my account security is not compromised, but it appears that I have a server/database error which deletes/removes my character - one which I've spent time on, the default procedure still applies?

It seems as if I'm geting the "Sorry, your account was not compromised, we can't rollback your account, enjoy your time in sanctuary." spiel?

I still do like this game, and I do wish to continue playing, but even so, this is hard for me to stomach.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
chr ,

I'm afraid it's still not anything I can help with in here. I'd reopen the ticket and request it be escalated for review as a possible bug.
Reply Quote
Sorry for any confusion here with the previous responses. We do not do rollbacks on a D3 account for any reason *except for compromises*. If you feel that a bug occurred, please feel free to report it on our bug report forums.

In this case though, we are not able to roll your account back or restore your toon as a compromise did not occur.

Best Wishes,

Ouch?
Reply Quote
Sorry for any confusion here with the previous responses. We do not do rollbacks on a D3 account for any reason *except for compromises*. If you feel that a bug occurred, please feel free to report it on our bug report forums.

In this case though, we are not able to roll your account back or restore your toon as a compromise did not occur.

Best Wishes,

Ouch?

chr , good luck ... I do not think somebody will going to help from blizzard as I never seen any good support from them ! ( yeah they did not solve my ticket too , after 2 weeks they said they can not help! so if you cant help why are you taking my time during 2 weeks!! )

The best do not keep in contact with blizzard support , it's more better for your mental health!

To Blizzard : If the support group can not solve the problem , why they are not directly forwarding the ticket to Bug error group! Your support groups are always acting like tennis players and we are their balls , always sending us to other groups/supporters until we are going to tired and give up!
Reply Quote
I don't have much expectation on restoration, but well, will try my luck with their hotline when it's open after the weekend. It's disappointing, really, being a longtime fan of their games; although I never had this issue back then in WoW for account restoration (in that case, however, i was hacked)
Reply Quote
Reopened the ticket:

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the Blizzard replies so far - let me put it into perspective:

i) I open a ticket, thinking that, somehow, my account is compromised, as one of my characters is missing.
ii) Blizzard support team checks, and we both establish my account is not compromised. However, this still leaves me hanging as there is no reason for me to have deleted my character, and my optimal resolution would be to have a character restore/account rollback.
iii) Account security team informs me that they will not roll back my account, and that "If you feel that a bug occurred, please feel free to report it on our bug report forums. "

I dare say there is quite a horrible lack of ownership and follow through on your support team's end - the ticket is closed, with no clear resolution, or investigation as to why or how only one character was deleted, and I'm basically left with the distaste of having a valid query turned away in the "oh, it's not our team's problem - go submit a ticket/complain on the forums elsewhere.".

Is it too much to expect a response in the vein of "this does look weird, but it's got nothing to do with account security, and it might be a bug we're seeing here? Let's send this ticket over to the other team instead, and see what kind of follow through we get".

I do understand that you may get hundreds of requests to do account rollback, but in this case, it looks as if there was ABSOLUTELY no investigation, aside from the "oh, account security was not compromised, it's not my problem" take.
Reply Quote
hey, i had the exact same issue like yours and the same applies, they will not be rolling back as long as there isn't a case of compromised account here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]