Diablo® III

Fetish Sycophants

love this passive...

I'm sportin a 2h axe and have barely any IAS and I STILL have the little buggers out all the time. I wonder if the 5% is actually increased based on your attack speed. I wouldn't be surprised if it is. If I spam spiders sometimes I have 6 of them out within just a few casts.

I'm not a math guy but that seems improbable. It does happen consistently though.
Reply Quote
Anyone else use this in their primary farming build?

I read somewhere it scales at 30% of weapon damage per hit they do, seems about right, hard to say though often they hit a mob, mob starts chasing them and they just run away so they do no damage but distract heavily.
Reply Quote
When I run Firebats build I can have like 6-8 of them out and I still feel like they aren't helping that much.

And I think their damage is more like 15-20% weapon.

Again, it's not the low weapon % they do, it's the LOW frequency. Their AI is programmed to hit and run.

However, both Head Hunter and Tiki are very aggressive. I really hope we have more ways to proc more Head Hunter/Tiki to satisfy my Fetish. :P

Those dagger ones are just not that useful. They are only good for distraction and really, if you have more than 10 of them out, they block each other so much in the corner. You really only need 3 to distract successfully.

Honestly, I would totally devote to a Firebats build if I can somehow proc Head Hunter/Tiki. Those two are worth trying but the Dagger ones.. nah.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/9/2012 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I really think Fetish Army's Head Hunter and Tiki runes are poorly designed.

We already have one devoted to tanking with 8 Daggers or 5 with Ambush rune or with cool down reduction.

Head Hunter and Tiki should be devoted to damage but only two of each type feels damage improvement is extremely lacking.

I want 5 Head Hunter or Tiki. :( To put things in perspective, HH and Tiki hit about 16 times in the most optimal situation where the monsters stand still and there is no controls to slow/stop them.

Hunter does 20% x 16 = 320% over 20 seconds. Five of them does 1600% over 20s. Is 1600% over 20s really overpowering? Hell no! Manitou does 1667% over 20s and it tracks and it has no cool down, goes through anything, and it's almost free to cast.

Sure, Hunter may distract a bit but it's not like Fetish is invincible and it has 120s CD.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/9/2012 5:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like what you guys are suggesting but I think perhaps instead of improving something good we should improve something that Blizzard has already (I simply assume because they recently buffed it) taken an eye on, that is, fetish sycophants.

Imagine if the passive had a 5% chance to proc a fireblowing tiki torching or a headhunter as well as the melee one? that would be sweet even if the damage was lowered slightly to say 10%.

Anyone else with me?
Reply Quote
Agreed, i dont really need any dagger fetishes since i have both zombie dogs and gargantuan to tank for me. What i really need is some damage dealing fetishes
Reply Quote
I like what you guys are suggesting but I think perhaps instead of improving something good we should improve something that Blizzard has already (I simply assume because they recently buffed it) taken an eye on, that is, fetish sycophants.

Imagine if the passive had a 5% chance to proc a fireblowing tiki torching or a headhunter as well as the melee one? that would be sweet even if the damage was lowered slightly to say 10%.

Anyone else with me?

I came up a neat idea that I forgot to write it here. I think Fetish build will be a "theme" build.. a Fetish, a Niche. It will never be a super-fast farming build like Bear but it's gotta be "Fetish" enough.

I am extremely annoyed that I can only have two Hunter and two Tiki from those two runes and the damage from Army is weak to say the least.

When they buffed the Tactic, I had high hope. I thought it could make a big difference but the reality is they just don't do enough damage with their AI and they die very quick against DoT damage.

One of the synergies I came up is that Fetish Army consumed Fetish Sycophant (because somebody told me that Army replaced Fetish from the tactic which is not true!) and for each one consumed, the Army's damage is increased by 20-30%. So you would start by just proccing Fetish and when the battle truly matters (against Elite), you summon an Army that those Army's total damage is increased by the # of Fetish you consumed. Sounds complicated I think... and could be too hard to balance.
-----------------------------------------

The goal of that "Consume" idea is to promote a Synergy between Fetish Army and Fetish Sycophants.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/10/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote

Then I came up with this idea that WD has mostly 3 types of Damage Type: Poison, Fire and Physical.

Fetish Sycophants proc Hunter, Tiki and Dagger depending on what attack type you use.

Poison damage proc Hunter
Fire Damage proc Tiki
Physical/Arcane (for Spirit user) proc Dagger - Dagger's damage needs to be improved to at least 35-40% per stab because they hit-and-run too much.

This way you create your own theme and you can take two Damage Type (Poison Dart and Firebats for example), to proc both Hunter/Tiki depending on what type you want more.

I think that will make Fetish builds very interesting. Overpowering? Nah.. 15% Tiki and 20% Hunter are hardly game breaking and there is 60s timer, but it's gotta be FUN!

When I bought this game, the very first skill/Tactic I want to use is Fetish. I felt Poison Dart and Fetish Hunter just fit so well except there's very little synergy between the two. It would be funny to create a Poison Dart Army build with Head Hunter or Firebats Army build with Tiki.

Spirit users that don't want to take Pets can rely on the tanking from Dagger Fetish. That's why I assign Dagger to Physical and some Arcane (Haunt).
-------------------------

If Elemental Damage type is too hard to make it happen, then they can assign which Skill proc which type of Fetish.

Single-target skills should proc Tiki (small aoe to compliment ST damage)
AoE skills should proc Hunter
Spirit skills should proc Dagger
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/10/2012 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry, shameless bump.

I want the dev to look into Fetish again, both Army and Tactic and I like my ideas!
Reply Quote
I like your idea jibikao. I do think we need to be able to proc fetish hunter and tiki. Your idea is great, but even if the type of the fetishes summoned is random without regards to atk type, that would still be good.
I'm just longing for some improvement in this passive, cause i use it in my main build
Reply Quote
I like your idea jibikao. I do think we need to be able to proc fetish hunter and tiki. Your idea is great, but even if the type of the fetishes summoned is random without regards to atk type, that would still be good.
I'm just longing for some improvement in this passive, cause i use it in my main build

Yeah, I'll take random as well if we can proc Hunter and Tiki even at the reduced rate.

Something like 2% Dagger, 1% Tiki and 1% Hunter. That gives us 4% to proc something.

I really like Tiki and Hunter.
Reply Quote
Another idea to proc Hunter and Tiki is to basically make it two ways:

1. Primary spamming proc Dagger (weaker)

2. Secondary spamming proc either Tiki or Hunter since secondary spells cost a lot more mana and spamming is not as easy.

I really like the Elemental theme like how Poison damage proc Hunter and Fire damage proc Tiki but that could be very difficult and time consuming. Splitting it into two ways is easier I guess.
Reply Quote
I've played with this passive extensively with fast cast passive/primaries builds. I've actually seen elites stop chasing me around to attack them and they're capable of taking a few hits before dying (which is about the going rate on dogs too, ha ha). They only do 10-20k damage per hit and their hit frequency is not constant (they pretty much just run around, stab, run around, stab). Maybe they have an aggro lure effect though (not sure how aggro works in Diablo).

Anyway I've continuously casted RoT with 1.65 attack speed and gotten as many as 10 sycophants to spawn, so I don't think there's an upward limit, just boils down to proc chance. Also, unlike fetish army, their up time is around 60 seconds before going away (if not killed already).
Reply Quote
Fetish bump.

playing nec on d2 ladder rush and the fetish atm and the fetishes really kick !@#, they need some serious work to make them better in d3, perhaps life leech?

i want to make alt builds like an all psn build, and all voodoo/fetish build, or an all dps build

but this isn't really viable yet with balancing if u want to play past mp0
Reply Quote
I've done this Sycophants build on MP7. It's by no means a quick kills build but it can do some major kiting as your passives and primaries slow and ping stuff down and with very little LoH needed to top off your health with the occasional AC blast.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZgabRT!VXW!acaYaZ
Reply Quote
I think the least they can do is to give us 5 Tiki and 5 Hunter in those two runes because if I want tanking Dagger, I'll pick ambush, devoted or legion of dagger.
Reply Quote
I've done this Sycophants build on MP7. It's by no means a quick kills build but it can do some major kiting as your passives and primaries slow and ping stuff down and with very little LoH needed to top off your health with the occasional AC blast.

I've used fetish builds several times when I do normal key runs at mp4. Normally, they are not bad/good. They add a lot of actions on the screen but since I am already using Dog/Garg, their tanking isn't that necessary. Their damage, however, is very unreliable. I honestly can't tell if I am doing more damage with them by taking up a Tactic spot or I should have just taken PtV or a defensive tactic.

Fetish tanking is a bit different from Dogs. Dogs ran fast and stay there while Fetish runs back and forth which causes the monsters run around some. I guess I can run a build without Dog

In normal battles, 5-7 Fetish can be fun especially visually but if the elite has dot damage.. man, they melt.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/16/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've used fetish builds several times when I do normal key runs at mp4. Normally, they are not bad/good. They add a lot of actions on the screen but since I am already using Dog/Garg, their tanking isn't that necessary. Their damage, however, is very unreliable. I honestly can't tell if I am doing more damage with them by taking up a Tactic spot or I should have just taken PtV or a defensive tactic.

I agree it's a fun passive but not very reliable damage or tanking abilities and not very practical with nasty affixes and uber fights.
Reply Quote
I won't argue about the fun part, and i even enjoy hearing their mumbles. But The fact is to use 1 passive slot for that just doesn't seem to worth it. I can get 4-6 of them out at a time but doesn't feel like getting any damage boost, which is why i'm starting to use vision quest instead for some mana regen :(.
Fun just doesn't cut it
Reply Quote
I won't argue about the fun part, and i even enjoy hearing their mumbles. But The fact is to use 1 passive slot for that just doesn't seem to worth it. I can get 4-6 of them out at a time but doesn't feel like getting any damage boost, which is why i'm starting to use vision quest instead for some mana regen :(.
Fun just doesn't cut it

And "fun" isn't all that Fetish because I want more Tiki and Hunter! :P

Like I said, one of the biggest problems with Fetish is that it is not "Fetish" enough. Only dagger ones from Tactic is not Fetish enough and only two Tiki/Hunter from two runes is not Fetish enough.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/16/2012 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]