Diablo® III

diablo 3 killer

http://www.gamespot.com/torchlight-ii/videos/video-review-torchlight-ii-6397094/

click pay 20 bucks enjoy more than d3
Reply Quote
Ya no. Maybe if i was a child and watched cartoons, I would enjoy the set up of this game more but since i'm not, i prefer a more "grown-up" looking rpg. Oh and btw I haven't played TL2 yet but I've played the first one and ya I know all the additional stuff that they added to improve the players experiance in the second one. But the cartoonish theme they're going for just ruins it for me
Reply Quote
No comparison, diablo 1, 2 and 3 wins the action rpg every time, nothing even comes close.
TL2 Can eat #%*$!
Reply Quote
TL2 is god awful. No wonder there playerbase is like 11k
Reply Quote
I'm new to the whole A-rpg genre and I have mixed emotions about the game so far. It is pretty fun to play, don't get me wrong, and it def set a seed in my head b/c I keep thinking about it but logging in to play D3 is usually refreshing after playing Tl 2. I have much to do in D3 so I am not jaded like many of the vets of the game but I am looking forward to patch 1.1 and also the recently announced expansion to see if they fix the many downfalls I have read about in D3, but yet to personally experience since I have only been playing a few days.
Reply Quote
I personally love TL2. The game design is just well thought out. Combat however doesn't feel as good as D3 and thats the heart of both games.

Ill play both.
Reply Quote
i re-roll my abrb and realize i got a lot of !@#$ty legendary from normal monster
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 - about 35-45 hours worth of gameplay to do absolutely everything and get everything godly. Randomization doesn't matter if you have all the best stuff in game. So what's the point playing it; pious self gratification? lol.

So $20 for 35-45 hours of gameplay... good, but definitely not great. A child's game, in all aspects.

Diablo 3 - Kicking more than 600+ hours in the game and having a blast with skill combinations, armor combinations, monster power, money in my pocket (lol. i have yet to see another game that pays for itself just by enjoying it), and much much more!

Also, it's only been 6 months since it's release but great patches keep coming almost every month if you haven't noticed! Now that is real dedication and support!

Patch 1.0.5 has been awesome. Loots are now more awesome. Game is awesome. Now this is where REAL competition is. Diabloprogress.com shows how much can be achieved by any player even without RMAH. And even with those godly gears (whether RMAH'ed or not), Inferno MP10 will still kick your behind.

I have yet to see anyone who can kill Inferno MP10 elite packs under 10 seconds. So.. challenge accepted! (in my dreams that is, for now)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 11/19/2012 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
39 Tauren Shaman
I love both games, but in the end TL2 is just more fun. Thats the great thing you dont have to just pick one game.

edit: Whoops i guess i should use my diablo avatar.
Edited by Suedomsa#1857 on 11/20/2012 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
There it is.

edit: Plus we got 2 new pets to pick from. :)
Edited by Suedomsa#1857 on 11/20/2012 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Dystopia

That's weird because they got 1 million sales on like the first week, ever hear of offline mode? Playerbase = unknown dummy.

and it's "their" not "there" learn some diction zz.

As for OP, diablo3 killer = itself.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/20/2012 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 02:07 PMPosted by KradisZ

Sadly that was true at first, its getting better and more fun though. I have hope for D3 and faith in blizzard. TL2 is still superior. :)
Reply Quote

Sadly that was true at first, its getting better and more fun though. I have hope for D3 and faith in blizzard. TL2 is still superior. :)

I like TL2 for what it's worth and what it gave. Certainly tasted like a 59.99 product. Call me a cheapass if you will but for a $20 game it certainly tasted a lot better than a beta test of a 59.99 that still doesn't even have its full features implemented as advertised *cough* PVP ON BOX *cough*.

Yeah I may have played 200+ hours on Diablo3 doesn't mean I like it in anyway I was just trying to figure out wth they were doing. It sucks. It killed itself, it's not getting better IN MY OPINION.

Reasons:
Paragon Levels -> To eventually negate MF/GF altogether at level 100. So what now? Another 2 garbage stats to be rolled on items I find? ... -_-' and what 7 billion some odd exp just to get there. It's just a stall. To elongate the grind while they figure something out. I mean you're going to probably maybe roll a different class later right? Takes like 2-3 days to get 5 toons to 60. To get to paragon lev 100? Maybe a few months? Definitely a stall.

Infernal Machine -> Okay this was a waste of development time. Why not just fix the fricking waypoint system and checkpoint system & add some convenience in this so-called efficient farming game to ID all and add some simple god damn commas into selling stuff in the millions to billions gold setting. And make a new free explore mode because obviously everyone's done act3 a trillion times for items. I'm surprised people say other games like Silkroad Online and Ragnarok are grindy when this is turning into the mother of grinds now with less content than the previously 2 mentioned games.

Diversity -> 6 months in still none. Clothes/Armor don't make people diverse, their characteristics do, and in a game that's either stats or your character customization. I don't care if it's liek playing barbie or dress up dolls but if it differentiates me in any way it's already a plus. Who the fk likes to look the same as millions of others anyways? The classes aren't named heroes they're just generic blank slates with insert alias here. It's not like Vindictus where you have hero names on each character class. Much of which D3 missed is D2's stat/skill allocation.

Don't get me wrong I know most people hate it or hate re-rolling but the fact is CHOICE is what made D2 good. D3 WHAT CHOICE DO YOU HAVE EXCEPT PICK UP STUFF OFF THE FLOOR? It's pick it up from the floor from a slaughtered mob or settle for trash from the NPC. There's no gambler NPC to sell you godly items that you risk your money for. Your skills are automatically assigned to you on level up you don't choose which unlocks first in any way it's just a linear A to B. Much like the story. I don't care if people eventually funnel into looking into guides and things to build the most optimized build. The fact that the choice is there means you can fk it up or do weird stuff, D3 none of that is available. You play the way they designed it to be played with no deviation. Providing a deviation or a branch is always greater than a cramped tunnel where you can only go in 1 direction.

With that being said I conclude D3 is a regression in the market that people have herded towards due to popular name brand. Remove Diablo from the title and Blizzard from its association and I bet this thing would be trashed in an instant and be a forgotten memory within a month. I'm appalled the CEO Kotick even has the gumption to say D3 was a success when he doesn't even realize the remaining players still playing. It's certainly not above 5 million of the 10 million initial pre-orders/purchases. I'd love to see the results of the D3 expansion sales if there ever is one.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 11/20/2012 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Dystopia

Its a wonderful game, crafted with love. :)
Reply Quote
http://www.gamespot.com/torchlight-ii/videos/video-review-torchlight-ii-6397094/

click pay 20 bucks enjoy more than d3

I own both and D3 wins hands-down. T2 is ok but it isn't D3. D3 is darker and has better, more real gfx that really help with immersion. T2 is ok but it got old quickly.
Reply Quote
Still no real multiplayer in torchlight II, I bought it beat it with two chars and realized it's still single player but you have the option to play online with hacked items and stats.

Worth the money for sure but I'm looking for a secure online game without console driven levels and items.

PS - You do not get the cheater badge if you do not hack your stats, you can still hack items and levels and quests without it showing you as a cheater.

Find vanilla only players for multiplayer. Its the only way to go.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 02:07 PMPosted by KradisZ

That's weird because they got 1 million sales on like the first week, ever hear of offline mode? Playerbase = unknown dummy.

and it's "their" not "there" learn some diction zz.

KradisZ Troll much? i'm not seeing much of a character from your account... you might possibly be *gasp* a dev of TL2 or a spy from china... sent to wreak havoc in our beloved American servers. :D

Go away troll! Your "blue" shimmering weapon, titanic "15k" unbuffed DPS, and imbalanced 0 Paragon level is too much for us to handle :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]