Diablo® III

Stone of Jordan

Ran some tests... the difference is huge. Best ring besides nat... in game period, thoughts?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stone-of-jordan

One of 58 magic properties fml... lol
Edited by Archangel#1474 on 11/13/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
it's an incredible ring for doing damage.
Reply Quote
+1

I added it to my archon build, stats show ~10K dps drop, but the reality is elites just melt infront of you.
Reply Quote
I find it frankly unbelievable that an SoJ isn't on every players finger. I think it gets ignored because the paper sheet DPS doesn't reflect it.
Reply Quote
It takes a really amazing ring to beat SoJs in terms of damage-dealing vs elites/bosses. Ring gives 0 into EHP though, so switching out a nice occy ring for an soj would take a very big chunk out of a player's survivability.

I keep a nice one with -5 disintegrate cost for ubers and higher mp levels.
Edited by Hotshot#1904 on 11/13/2012 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Ossian
I find it frankly unbelievable that an SoJ isn't on every players finger. I think it gets ignored because the paper sheet DPS doesn't reflect it.

I wish they would fix that its annoying calculating every time... sigh...
Reply Quote
It takes a really amazing ring to beat SoJs in terms of damage-dealing vs elites/bosses. Ring gives 0 into EHP though, so switching out a nice occy ring for an soj might take a big chunk out of a player's survivability.

I keep a nice one with -5 disintegrate cost for ubers and higher mp levels.

Well for us CM/WW the CR cc is worth the survival if the SOJ has it... of course :) Though I agree
Reply Quote
We did some experiments on MP10 ubers with my SOJ with 30% against elites and 7% crit chance added to EB..

My sheet DPS was down to 120k against the other CM wiz better geared with higher aps and sitting at 160K sheet..

Our monk runs a meter and end of each uber fight I placed 5-8% higher overall damage than the other CM wiz.. considering we both we locked on each pair of bosses pretty much beginning to end of each fight I think it's a fair assessment this ring is a pretty nice addition to your tools regardless of build.
Reply Quote
A dps meter? Wtf?
Reply Quote
Lol yeah well if someone is willing to put their account at risk that's their decision.. no way I would run it
Reply Quote
We did some experiments on MP10 ubers with my SOJ with 30% against elites and 7% crit chance added to EB..

My sheet DPS was down to 120k against the other CM wiz better geared with higher aps and sitting at 160K sheet..

Our monk runs a meter and end of each uber fight I placed 5-8% higher overall damage than the other CM wiz.. considering we both we locked on each pair of bosses pretty much beginning to end of each fight I think it's a fair assessment this ring is a pretty nice addition to your tools regardless of build.

Nice :D
Reply Quote
my build doesnt work with soj. I got one in box but ias drops too low to fuction well.

it's actually overrated. take any of my rings i lose 25% dps and build doesnt work
Reply Quote
I have 13% to elite without it.... SOJ is not for CM especially since ring can be 6 crit now.
Reply Quote
SOJ is just ok for CM (with 6-7 ET), not great.

SOJ is BIS for archon.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Everyone....barring heavily geared CM...should have one to swap for ubers and elites as they are incredibly cheap....I got my 6% crit RoF 30% dmg for like 3.5m gold... aand the loss of dps sheet is meaningless when you factor in a straight 30% esp if you can make up for the crit with the special whether you are CM or whatever
Edited by Cbronson#1217 on 11/13/2012 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
i just wished we can filter, affix of SOJ on auction house . it would be easier to search
Reply Quote
Best way to sort them is search for:

-All Armors

Select

-Bonus Damage to Elites 25+(sort to how high you want)
-Maximium Arcane Power

This will list every 25+ SOJ for Wizards only. Still not great but better than sifting through every class.
Reply Quote
Best way to sort them is search for:

-All Armors

Select

-Bonus Damage to Elites 25+(sort to how high you want)
-Maximium Arcane Power

This will list every 25+ SOJ for Wizards only. Still not great but better than sifting through every class.

AH!! Awesome! Thank you! I've been trying to figure out the best way to search through them for my class. :) You can also just search for 20+ since there's nothing else like it.

As a DH, I search for Max Discipline.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]