Diablo® III

Blood Magic is 0.3% in Inferno?

I seem to recall that the LS on Blood Magic is reduced to 0.3 in inferno difficulty. But my friend says that LS from skills isn't reduced. Which is true?
Reply Quote
0.3 is true
Reply Quote
Dang. Pretty much makes it worthless, doesn't it? Even at 200k+ dps that's hardly anything.
Reply Quote
in archon it's viable since your lazy beam hits everything in its path.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:14 PMPosted by deadclown
Dang. Pretty much makes it worthless, doesn't it? Even at 200k+ dps that's hardly anything.

There are plenty of skills/runes in this game that suck. Nothing to be surprised about.
Reply Quote
200k a second is 600 life/sec. That's a nice boost. NOW consider that you're usually taking it on to your own LS, and that you can hit more than one target at a time, and that 200k DPS (in archon, where you ought to be) is 600k damage per second, per target, or 1800/target/sec in life.
Reply Quote
However any form of LS is great if your weapon doesn't come predisposed with LS since RD is pain in the !@#$. I realized that blood magic, though low, can help me out live RD affixes more often than not. But surviving Horde + Extra health RD is still just a dream with or without blood magic.
Reply Quote
blood magic isn't going to cut it when you're in the 100k range imo but plays significantly in the upper dps. regardless, adding loh despite archon's poor proc of it, can help. besides, hulk smash = faster ls/loh since it does more damage i believe
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:14 PMPosted by deadclown

Depends on the skill multiplier. With improved archon, the beam does 375% of your dps, thats 750k per sec, so you get back 2250 life per sec with 0.3% LS. The thing with LS is that it scales extremely well with dps, if you have 700k dps each target will return 7875 life per sec, and this is with LS from blood magic only. Think about the monstrous return in life if you also have 3% LS from weapon. You practically will never die unless you are frozen or feared.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Seraphi

There are plenty of skills/runes in this game that suck. Nothing to be surprised about.

Surprised, no. But disappointed? Yes.

I don't think it would break the Wizard to have access to a decent amount of LS. Even 0.5 in Inferno would be on the weak end. :&
Reply Quote
I think Blood Magic is great. I mean, it's not a replacement for having life management on your gear, but I think .3% LS (bear in mind that a perfect 1H is only .6% in inferno) is worth a lot more than the extra 5% damage from Force Weapon. I run with a LS weapon and Blood Magic when I use Archon, and I never have a problem with RD packs.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:23 PMPosted by TasteDeath

Depends on the skill multiplier. With improved archon, the beam does 375% of your dps, thats 750k per sec, so you get back 2250 life per sec with 0.3% LS. The thing with LS is that it scales extremely well with dps, if you have 700k dps each target will return 7875 life per sec, and this is with LS from blood magic only. Think about the monstrous return in life if you also have 3% LS from weapon. You practically will never die unless you are frozen or feared.

This math doesn't sound quite right. Tho I suck at math. :)

But the healing numbers I see aren't even half that. It's hard to differentiate between LoS, regen and LS numbers, but I am not seeing that. How often does the archon beam report health gains? Is it twice a second (as in, per tick)? Or every second, when damage is reported?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:36 PMPosted by deadclown

But the healing numbers I see aren't even half that. It's hard to differentiate between LoS, regen and LS numbers, but I am not seeing that. How often does the archon beam report health gains? Is it twice a second (as in, per tick)? Or every second, when damage is reported?

My math is correct. Beam reports dmg twice a sec, same thing with life stolen/regen.
Reply Quote

My math is correct. Beam reports dmg twice a sec, same thing with life stolen/regen.

Okay, that makes sense. I think I see healing ticks in the 1200 range with Blood Magic.
Reply Quote

The first half is correct, but somehow you listed more life gains at 700k dps than 750k.
Reply Quote

The first half is correct, but somehow you listed more life gains at 700k dps than 750k.

750k is 200k dps with improved archon's beam (3.75 multiplier), 700k dps is character sheet dps, multiply it by the same multiplier and you get 2.625m dps. 0.3% of 2.625m is 7875 life.
Reply Quote
Did a bunch of testing. Blood Rune is no bueno. Even with over 200k dps in archon form, it just doesn't cut it. Better off with life regen, imo.

BM should at LEAST neutralize Reflect. That it doesn't even come close to that basically nullifies half the reason to pick it.
Reply Quote
Did a bunch of testing. Blood Rune is no bueno. Even with over 200k dps in archon form, it just doesn't cut it. Better off with life regen, imo.

BM should at LEAST neutralize Reflect. That it doesn't even come close to that basically nullifies half the reason to pick it.

You need higher dmg mitigation, LS by itself isn't going to do anything, just like LoH isn't going to do anything for a CM/WW with poor dmg mitigation. I gain life when I hit a reflect pack on MP10 with 4.5% LS, 3% only allows me to breakeven.
Reply Quote
im only 100k dps but ive found blood magic to be helpful when I drop 3 molten impacts in a row on a rd mob. couple will crit resulting in 500k+ hits. Not gonna do the math but my health globe goes up and down up and down.

Bottom line, RD requires LoH&LifeSteal Combo. LL+LoH means I'm doing very little DMG to RD mobs, so almost nothing is coming back at me. So on I gain all my life back I can drop 3 big bombs and the life stolen from those is just enough to keep me alive until i can wind up my little lightning men again.
Reply Quote

You need higher dmg mitigation, LS by itself isn't going to do anything, just like LoH isn't going to do anything for a CM/WW with poor dmg mitigation. I gain life when I hit a reflect pack on MP10 with 4.5% LS, 3% only allows me to breakeven.

So the solutions to RD are as follows: get better AR and more HP, which will cost a fortune AND get a 3% LS weapon...or just get a cheapo LoH/LS weapon and use it only when I encounter RD.

This is why BM is stupid. If it can't address just one affix you MIGHt see in a run, then it's not up to snuff, imo.

(My mitigation is fine otherwise. I don't die much, and my runs are generally very fast, very clean, very efficient in the mp3-4 range. RD is the only issue.)
Edited by deadclown#1828 on 11/14/2012 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]