Diablo® III

Blood Magic is 0.3% in Inferno?

You need higher dmg mitigation, LS by itself isn't going to do anything, just like LoH isn't going to do anything for a CM/WW with poor dmg mitigation. I gain life when I hit a reflect pack on MP10 with 4.5% LS, 3% only allows me to breakeven.

So the solutions to RD are as follows: get better AR and more HP, which will cost a fortune AND get a 3% LS weapon...or just get a cheapo LoH/LS weapon and use it only when I encounter RD.

This is why BM is stupid. If it can't address just one affix you MIGHt see in a run, then it's not up to snuff, imo.

(My mitigation is fine otherwise. I don't die much, and my runs are generally very fast, very clean, very efficient in the mp3-4 range. RD is the only issue.)

You can run BM if you have high dmg mitigation, your dmg mitigation just isn't high enough. I think aimless was running perma archon on MP3-4 and he was doing fine with just BM.
Reply Quote
Yeah, but I don't need higher dmg mitigation for normal play. Only with Reflect. So again...Reflect is causing me to have to pay lots of money for upgrades just to make Blood Magic do something nominally useful.

I don't see that as working well enough to bother with.
Reply Quote
Yeah, but I don't need higher dmg mitigation for normal play. Only with Reflect. So again...Reflect is causing me to have to pay lots of money for upgrades just to make Blood Magic do something nominally useful.

I don't see that as working well enough to bother with.

I think you're neglecting the fact that higher MP levels are meant for better quality gear. If you can't handle RD with your current gear/skill build above a certain MP level, then you should play at a lower level until you can. RD isn't "causing [you] to have to pay lots of money for upgrades just to make Blood Magic do something nominally useful." Find better gear at lower MP levels and then advance. Or farm gold at lower levels until you can afford to advance. Your choice.
Edited by Pugs#1450 on 11/16/2012 2:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just buy a lifesteal weapon,,,, however I notice a lack of good ones on AH. So im stuck with psn wand alittle while longer :*(.
Reply Quote
i'm not close to be the "highest" dps wiz.. but i have 150k buffed.. i use blood magic and it actually helps me a lot.. so.. if you have some nice dps use it if ur wand does not come with more LS than Blood Magic.. It keeps me alive against the RD and a lot of times got me out of trouble so.. if i can see a worth use of Blood Magic being an "Average-DPS" for an archon build i think that you can too..
Reply Quote
the problem with reflects is that not only u are taking your own damage back, but also taking damages from that elites. so most likely u need to hit em together with trash mobs so you'd regain more health points
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]