Diablo® III

After going through game several times...

Does anyone else just want to shoot "the hero" of the game aka your charactor? I mean really sure you end up defeating Diablo and ending the eternal conflict but if you think about it, it is your fault to begin with that Diablo even gets brought back and almost destroys the world. When I first bought the game and i finally beat Act3, I was not suprised at all that Adria was decieving us the whole time. Prior to seeing that scene, I had no clue how or why we would even have to fight Diablo, i mean he's scarcly mentioned. But anyways...
My issue is with the term hero and how you end up being the hero that saves humanity but really it is all your fault that humanity was even almost destroyed to begin with. Sure you are a hero in the sense you defeat the last two lords of hell but despite what has being suggested the whol game (especailly by Zulton Kulle, who I feel bad for. All he did was try to get across to you that Beliel and Azmodan were not the only eniems you have, yet he gets killed because Adria says he's the bad guy)
Just a suggestion:
In the expansion let us kill Adria, please. She makes everyone else in the game (including Magda) seem like a saint. I just want to be able to kill her (Adria) over and over again, even if she doesn't drop any loot, I would still spend hours just killing her again and again
Reply Quote
I feel the same way. Our characters should've been at least wary around Adria the second they met her, if not downright suspicious. After all she conveniently knows about the Black Soulstone and Belial likes to cast illusions. The "heroes" have absolutely no qualms with Leah's dark powers she can't control and her mother's startling lack of concern for her well being and suddenly deciding to become a "teacher". They're also not bothered when Adria shows up after Kulle's death and reveals her "good" intentions; anyone with a shred of common sense would be asking or wondering why she didn't tell them sooner. From that point on they should've definitely questioned everything she did instead of blindly going along. They missed numerous red flags throughout acts 2 and 3 and sometimes they behaved like borderline sociopaths. (I mean killing Kulle because he didn't go along with the plan? Really? Not showing genuine concern for Leah or trying to find any other solutions? Is that how heroes should behave?)

I wish the characters would've caught on and have an interesting subplot involving how to deal with Adria, but at least there may be room for a better written quest around her. I would like to kill her too, but there's almost nothing that could possibly threaten the PCs in the storyline. I do hope the "heroes" will suffer some serious consequences from their sheer stupidity, however.
Reply Quote
Haha, nicely put. I particually like you using the term "borderline sociopath". It fits rather well. I mean as for Leah, ya any person who has an ounce of empathy would of called out Adria. From there, maybe they could have picked up on her intention sooner so they could prevent them. But honestly if you really think, Adria must have had tremendous power possibly even tmatching Diablos. I mean think about it, she manipulated everyone the entire game (even though we're all idiots for falling for it), but at the end of act 3, when she brings back diablo, she first overpowers Tyreal long enough to complete the ritual. Tyreal was the archangel of justice (the new archangel of wisdom), he seemed like a rather large guy (we see that during the cutscene between acts 1 and 2 when leah puts her hand on his) and not to mention his badass sword which can be used to take down otherwise unpenatrable demon gates, so how the hell does the likes of adria overpower him? Unless she hit him over the head while his back was turned, I don't see how this would be possible. Lol, it's just a thought xD
Reply Quote
View profile
11/14/2012 10:12 PMPosted by MasterShea
Tyreal was the archangel of justice (the new archangel of wisdom), he seemed like a rather large guy (we see that during the cutscene between acts 1 and 2 when leah puts her hand on his) and not to mention his badass sword which can be used to take down otherwise unpenatrable demon gates, so how the hell does the likes of adria overpower him?

the gate was made of butter, and tyrael is pretty much an idiot.
Reply Quote
Adria offered Tyrael a back massage, which was why she easily defeated him:

Tyrael: Being a mortal is hard. . . and my back hurts.

Adria: Here, let me give you a back rub.

Tyrael: *turns around* Why, thank you.

Adria: Mwhahahaha! You fool! *thwacks Tyrael's head and kidnaps Leah*

But it's not hard to manipulate complete idiots, let alone a severely weakened angel. It's no wonder Tyrael's sword split into three pieces; his sword didn't want to be anywhere near him! :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]