Diablo® III

Hybrid Archon Guide

@shenko
Glad you are sticking around! Keep us all grounded, so to speak. :)
At 35m, trying to decide on next upgrade.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 05:31 AMPosted by Schenko7
Here to stay....decided to not cash out. Sometimes it's better to just take a few days off.

Hurrah! And i saw you in game couple of times.

BTW, i wonder when the expansion is coming out .. it would be cool to have new content to kill with a well geared wiz.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 06:04 AMPosted by couchy
Here to stay....decided to not cash out. Sometimes it's better to just take a few days off.

Definitely don't use GC for ubers, I went the LL/WW/Dynamo route. Get 5 stack for Dynamo on a trash mob anywhere, port back to town, hop in the uber portal and refresh your buffs, then pop Archon and blast away. The highest I could solo ubers was MP6 but it was a hassle, at my DPS MP5 is the sweet spot, made a bunch of dex rings for my monk the other day.

In other news I decided to try Teleport/Scramble in MP5 and it works. Much faster farming. than Improved Archon/Pinpoint. Had to swap to higher EHP bracers, and only use my LS wand... sitting at 740 All Res 4800 armor unbuffed, can face tank reflect and stand on fire.

I am actually not too keen on doing uber. The chance of getting a good hellfire ring that is not a huge DPS loss is so small that it just does not worth it to run uber. I normally just run Act 3 MP6 for loot.

I do have a big stack of keys & machines .. may be i would just run some uber for fun.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Narius

Hurrah! And i saw you in game couple of times.

BTW, i wonder when the expansion is coming out .. it would be cool to have new content to kill with a well geared wiz.

Yeah, was checking AH to see if I sold any of my items. I put them pretty high up in price, and they didn't budge. So for now, I am here a bit longer.
Reply Quote
30 million for my current witching hour. Next upgrade? Boots or shoulders?
Btw, my skill choice of DS with WW seems to be working out VERY well atm.
I don't know what could be better, given my current gearing.
Reply Quote
@ Stratos

Sorry it's taken a bit to get back with you.....good find on the Witching HR...think I said that to you in game though. Memory is fading....been helping a lot of people these days :).

Anyways, we should really look into exploring either a better Mempo or even looking a better pair of trails for you. Thinking 8% poison/180 intel/40 AR range.....see if that helps some.

I don't like your Mempo for two reasons

8% IAS
Dext

we can do tons better....whether we look for

9% IAS
over 200 intel

these will do better for you, since you cannot afford the CC mempo right now.
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 1/29/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Question 1
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398?page=3#52

Question 2
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398?page=2#38

Stealing this from James1v12 thread.

If you haven't already Archons, go unite....vote for those two questions.
Reply Quote
@ Stratos

Sorry it's taken a bit to get back with you.....good find on the Witching HR...think I said that to you in game though. Memory is fading....been helping a lot of people these days :).

Anyways, we should really look into exploring either a better Mempo or even looking a better pair of trails for you. Thinking 8% poison/180 intel/40 AR range.....see if that helps some.

I don't like your Mempo for two reasons

8% IAS
Dext

we can do tons better....whether we look for

9% IAS
over 200 intel

these will do better for you, since you cannot afford the CC mempo right now.

#2 is exactly the strategy i go for. High INT mempo is quite affordable.

BTW, i upgraded one of my ring recently for a small DPS bump (5-6k) but 20k+ EPH increase, switching from cc to ias and much higher INT.

I am also looking for the next upgrade. I can't find a pox which is not a big dps decrease though.
Reply Quote
Question 1
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398?page=3#52

Question 2
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398?page=2#38

Stealing this from James1v12 thread.

If you haven't already Archons, go unite....vote for those two questions.

Just did.

On another note, I wish they buff AO more. While l love the hybrid archon playstyle, i wish there are more range build options. I have seen some people with blade focus builds, or sleet storm builds, but both are melee. Most of the range skills, which IMHO, should be what a wiz is like, are being ignored, except of course archon.

There is some low MP disintegration beam build but i doubt it is viable at higher MP.
Reply Quote
bump,old topic
Reply Quote
Would I be able to do mp5-7 efficiently putting in 100 million into this build. I haven't upgraded my gear for a while now since I didn't play. I don't even know where to start.
Reply Quote
100m can go a long way these days.

You can get a pretty decent Tal Ammy/new helm/some other things.

Add me in game so we can fully talk out your upgrade path with 100m.
Reply Quote
Upgrade to helm is complete. 6m for my new Mempo.
Next goal...boots? or Pox? it will cost me about the same from what I can see.
I think I'm sitting at 172k unbuffed, and I might try dropping down to MP3 to see if I can farm a little more efficiently. Take a look and see where your opinion lies on my most efficient farming MP.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/stratos-1840/TIM/26959135
Reply Quote
@ Stratos

Yes need to aim for the following with trails

8% Poison
180+ Intel
50+ Vit
30+ AR

Those should be somewhat affordable with those restrictions.

d3up has you gaining

4k DPS
-2k EHP

with 8%/180 Intel/50 Vit/30AR

Also, I would be saving essences/tomes. You'll benefit from crafting those new bracers a ton.

-----
Also noting that even though you are getting 5.5% cc from your tal ammy, it could do with a large uprgade as well.
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 1/31/2013 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Upgrade to helm is complete. 6m for my new Mempo.
Next goal...boots? or Pox? it will cost me about the same from what I can see.
I think I'm sitting at 172k unbuffed, and I might try dropping down to MP3 to see if I can farm a little more efficiently. Take a look and see where your opinion lies on my most efficient farming MP.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/stratos-1840/TIM/26959135

I have similar unbuffed DPS and i feel fine in MP4 and a bit challenging (but still comfortably doable) in MP5. I would suggest you to focus more on Armor/AR and get the CC up above 50% with pinpoint.

I can sell you my old zuni boots: 150 int/50vit/48ar for a fair price (~15M).
Reply Quote
Nobody posting... I have updated weapon and boots. Next?
Reply Quote
i will post.

Got very lucky today. A witching hour drop. It is a 2k dps upgrade, but 6k EHP downgrade. So i can't figure out whether to wear it or not.

Put it on RMAH for an insane amount .. if it sells, no more agonizing. If not, still have to figure it out :(

On another note, 1.07 should be here soon. I would love to test if i can junk my LS weapon. I hate switching during a farming run. Hopefully LS is no longer needed in 1.07.
Reply Quote
Narius: LS is needed for any higher MP doesn't matter RD. You have no other effective way to get your life back when in archon if you want to play MP5+ without dying against every second pack.

Stratos: get more armor.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Notrius

yes,i think so
Reply Quote
Narius: LS is needed for any higher MP doesn't matter RD. You have no other effective way to get your life back when in archon if you want to play MP5+ without dying against every second pack.

I am already farming MP6 without LS (only switch to LS weapon with RD). There seems to be no issue. Blood magic refill health fast enough, and as long as I am not frozen, or right in the middle of 3 arcane sentry and caged, i won't die. In those cases, i will die even with my 3 LS weapon.

In fact, i occasionally do MP7. But the problem there is that i am not killing fast enough to be as efficient as MP6.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]