Diablo® III

Hybrid Archon Guide

I am already farming MP6 without LS (only switch to LS weapon with RD). There seems to be no issue.

I'd love to see it..

Anyway i have 100k dps less and i can do MP5 .. but i chose a different path when gearing.
Reply Quote
It's a hassle having to switch weap everytime u encouter an RD mob isn't it? It's not exactly convenient...

Just get LS on your weap, you're gonna need it to farm mp5+ even in 1.0.7 I'm sure.
Reply Quote
It's a hassle having to switch weap everytime u encouter an RD mob isn't it? It's not exactly convenient...

Just get LS on your weap, you're gonna need it to farm mp5+ even in 1.0.7 I'm sure.

indeed, also magic weapon buff will disappear if you switch weapons, and you cant always rebuff when you're in archon form
Reply Quote
I would really like to see anyone who's playing primarily without an LS weapon and teleport on mp5+ to fight against some problematic packs with even more problematic affix combos, how they sustain archon + how they regain health. If a fast/frozen/health link/waller/jailor hulking phasebeast pack with 10M+ healthpoints surrounds you and you got no other mobs around.

Maybe i miss something in my strategy when fighting these.
Reply Quote
they were only after dps boost and Diabloprogress rank
Reply Quote
GOing back on topic though, I really wish I had like 2.3-2.4APS and 50CC so I could drop Wickedwind for livinglightning...
Reply Quote

It is. But i can't afford a LS weapon without losing 60k dps (that is almost 20% for me). So switch it is .. or i skip RD mobs.

BTW, you don't need it to do even MP7 if you have the DPS. James is doing it. Here is his thread/video:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895179503
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 03:39 AMPosted by yems
they were only after dps boost and Diabloprogress rank

Not for me. I have to drop 20% of my dps if i use my LS weapon. I can't afford a LS weapon without a big drop in DPS.

And it kills a lot faster. That goes to efficiencies.
Reply Quote
I would really like to see anyone who's playing primarily without an LS weapon and teleport on mp5+ to fight against some problematic packs with even more problematic affix combos, how they sustain archon + how they regain health. If a fast/frozen/health link/waller/jailor hulking phasebeast pack with 10M+ healthpoints surrounds you and you got no other mobs around.

Maybe i miss something in my strategy when fighting these.

james is doing it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895179503

I don't have his DPS, so i can't do MP7 .. but i am trying in MP6. Now i am not disagreeing that some combo is problematic (well a vortex/waller/jailor/arcane sentry phasebeast will be hard). But at the same time, you can choose you battle a bit. For example, Keep 1-3 are really easy because you can fight around the doorway, and vortex won't work as well.

I do have to be careful and not stand in fire too long.

BTW, with blood magic, usually you gain life enough if you beam the 3 champions, or the elite, as long as you are not standing in fire and they are not RD. You do need to kite position and kite around if there is arcane sentry and fire on ground.
Reply Quote
Back at it, was able to craft me some GG bracers last night to help motivate me to return.

XP is flying by at level 90.......

Shock Pulse Dmg upgrade seems to be perfect on the little downtime we have.
Reply Quote
I am happy with 1.07.

Now, if you are careful with RD mobs, you don't need to switch to a LS weapon. It is possible to kill them without LS. Still have to manage it, cause waiting for RD to switch off can cause archon to drop off.

I crafted like 15 gloves, no luck for an upgrade. The closest is a 4k drop in DPS. Most are horrible :(

Will keep trying though.

And yeh .. very happy that LL is buffed. It is actually good as damage skill in between archon.

BTW, any advice on group play? (since now you can do MP in public games) I found that pretty much i can't add much of time to archon since i am not delivering the killing blow all the time, and i can't control the pace of the fight.
Reply Quote
I run mp 8-10 in groups just fine, you just got to sort of kite a little and find those large groups to kill to keep your uptime refreshed.
Reply Quote
no its simple u play with a cm wiz and when out of archon u spam LL + WW and arcon is back up in 2-3 seconds. You must be careful obviously, running around without freeze xD

I tried this in ubers 10 quite a few times, most times it comes down to how well the cm wiz freezes.
ayway as long as you're in archon you're near invincible, its those little gaps in between that u die like a moulting butterfly. i also run pinpoint in ubers, as it further helps me reach that 50% CC (im at 48.5 with PP barrier) and help refresh archon even faster. However it is not wholly necessary. you can always go prismatic with LL + WW to be tankier.

Archon wizzies are basically Hota Barbs (albeit wit hlittle refresh breaks in between beams) with longer range, so they are extremely good dpsers overall.

As for that james guy's thread, he switches to a LS skorn for RD mobs, which I really would rather not have to do. And yes, good Ls weapons are very expensive.
Edited by Leonidas#2293 on 2/13/2013 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

As for that james guy's thread, he switches to a LS skorn for RD mobs, which I really would rather not have to do. And yes, good Ls weapons are very expensive.

After 1.07, i don't think the need is that high for a LS weapon anymore. I still cannot face tank when standing in fire, or archon beam ... but i can pretty much do that with archon, with blood magic. I do need to turn off beam when RD is up .. but otherwise i have no issue killing even RD mobs.

So personally i am no longer using a LS weapon. I suppose it is a trade-off that if you can face-tank everything, it would be more efficient (instead of kiting a bit). But personally, if i switch to my LS weapon, i lost like 20% DPS and i would rather not.

And i think James also say he does not need to switch any more after 1.07.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Schenko7
I run mp 8-10 in groups just fine, you just got to sort of kite a little and find those large groups to kill to keep your uptime refreshed.

I mostly solo before 1.07 (obviously since you can't do MP public games). I guess i will try to readjust how i play in a public game.

it is quite wonderful how fast LL can refresh archon with a big enough group. Literally you can have archon back in a few seconds.
Reply Quote
LL is better now...Proc and damage are good...do Mp8 easily
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 2/13/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Narius
After 1.07, i don't think the need is that high for a LS weapon anymore

LS keep you survive in Mp8+, where higher damage taken, not only faceroll RD
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 2/13/2013 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

james is doing it.

Yes that's true, but nowhere in his videos were any of the tougher enemies or less populated zones where he would need to reset cooldown. He doesn't even use teleport which i find an absolute necessity against any jailer/frozen/molten/arcane combo.

What i'm trying to achieve is sort of 'universal archon' - so if i would want to switch to other build i won't need to change more than 2 pieces of gear. Universal archon also means that i can do any zone not just the most populated ones and i can pretty much survive without archon everywhere against every opponent.
Reply Quote
Back at it, was able to craft me some GG bracers last night to help motivate me to return.

XP is flying by at level 90.......

Shock Pulse Dmg upgrade seems to be perfect on the little downtime we have.

grats Schenko7.. thats a great bracer! Tough crafting luck for me though :\
Reply Quote
no its simple u play with a cm wiz and when out of archon u spam LL + WW and arcon is back up in 2-3 seconds. You must be careful obviously, running around without freeze xD

I tried this in ubers 10 quite a few times, most times it comes down to how well the cm wiz freezes.
ayway as long as you're in archon you're near invincible, its those little gaps in between that u die like a moulting butterfly. i also run pinpoint in ubers, as it further helps me reach that 50% CC (im at 48.5 with PP barrier) and help refresh archon even faster. However it is not wholly necessary. you can always go prismatic with LL + WW to be tankier.

Archon wizzies are basically Hota Barbs (albeit wit hlittle refresh breaks in between beams) with longer range, so they are extremely good dpsers overall.

This build is very viable for MP 10 sir....it isn't dependent on a CM.

The issue is you're running with 265k unbuffed. For MP 10, honestly you need around 300-315 unbuffed. The extra damage helps take down packs fast and keep upcharge going. Also, I really suggest getting above 2.00 IAS and 45% cc. These are the goals of this build.

Running Ubers with this build is honestly like melting. It really shines during the SK Uber fight.
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 2/14/2013 8:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]