Diablo® III

Hybrid Archon Guide

Hey guys, I play CM/WW in groups/solo previously but I wanna try Archon when I'm solo-ing so i need some help on gears to swap out.

I noticed theres a lot of lifesteal involved when i was previously 1239 LoH, 0% LS.
And I do have a triumvirate sitting in my stash.

Can I have some advice on which equips to change to farm mp 3-5 efficiently? :D I have 28 APoC, waiting to change to a mempo.
Reply Quote
MP 5 efficient u need 350k Buffed DPS with scramble rune at least.

For MP 3 u only need like 200k if you farm with improved archon and 250k if you want to farm with teleport archon (scramble of course). Says, you have to change a lot if you want to farm at that level.
Reply Quote
I seem to have a hard time with LL. I rarely run out of AP for WW using the Chantodo's set, but I'm not getting the dps I need. I can keyrun MP 7 with some speed bumps along the way, but have a hard time in anything higher due to my lack of dps.
Budget is a concern at this point, but am selling off some of my monk gear cause he sucks! :)
Help?

EDIT: I have about 14 million to spend. Where am I going to spend it to help out my dps? Weapon I understand is priority, but I need some search parameters please.
Edited by Stratos#1840 on 12/16/2012 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Stratos

Do you hit the min required to run this build for mp 7?
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Schenko7

see me,i go mp8 easy(with the seconds weapon to face RD)
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 12/17/2012 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why GC?....Why....I assume certain affix's running pinpoint have to get to you. I have more health/higher Ar than you. I know what running GC/Pinpoint on Mp 8-10 can do to me. I can run it smoothly, but I'll die 1-2 times compared to running no GC/pinpoint.
Reply Quote
I think 10% armor and res on GC is not too much and it is difficult to make you die so quickly. I rare die with non-RD elite. And i can do Act3 with 5 times lower dead( of course sometime dont careful i could die more 2,3 times). I think HP 40k is standard because i have blood magic.

My Armor 5500+ so i think damage taken is lower than you( My AR < your AR 22, not too much). So if you use pipoint barriel and GC, i think my resistance is more better than you=>
you dont use GC = I use GC. And the last,my fire (898 with GC) and physical (789 with GC) resistance is better than you

If i do MP10,i change my pants: TOTAL ARMOR 806, 74 AR, 188 vit,91 int=>my HP is 49k and my DPS is 385k.That's all

But i think i do MP8 most balance among XP and time.
Edited by DevilHunter#6873 on 12/17/2012 6:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Stratos

I'm slightly shy on res, but only by about 30. My DPS is low, which is why I was looking for specs based on my budget as per above. I did buy a Triumvirate, so budget is 5 mil less.

Everything else is at par for the build I believe.
Reply Quote
My old gear is all on the GAH......with the baby girl due any day now I decided to try to cash out.

My old Tal Ammy....without looking

Average dmg-40+
Intel 200+
vit 70+
Crit 9.5%
crit dmg 65%

Has a bid on it for 485m w/1d7hrs left.

Rest of the gear is out there as well, but the ammy is really what did my gear justice. You won't find many other amulet's that can pump out that type of damage.

I have sadly, give in to the ways of the Cm/Wiz....mainly because they're easier/cheaper to gear. In the coming days, items from my current gear will also be made available for purchase. Mainly my zuni boots/ring.

To whoever gets my gear....I hope you enjoy as they were truly gg items.

To all of you that have supported my guide, thank you. Answering your questions with this build made Diablo 3 fun for me. I will still continue to play, and any friend invite is always welcomed when I have the time.

Thanks again
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 12/21/2012 8:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
One last thing on this thread as I won't have the gear to test things anymore.

I would like someone to attempt to take this guide over and run with it.
Reply Quote
Schenko, if you're cashing out, hold out until after Xmas. There ought to be a bump from holiday sales of the game and gift cards for RMAH spending.
Reply Quote
Good point, but my items are already up on the AH. When I was able to check at lunch the only thing that had a bid on it was the Ammy...so I guess too late there. I am hoping for at least 700m+ for it....but who knows these days.

The rest is in the air, honestly I am not even sure how much time I will have other than checking Ah these days.

Thanks for the tip sir.
Reply Quote
Back!

Let this thread live!

Not as strong as before, but capable of running this build greatly.

Missing about 100 AR/75k dps
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 1/3/2013 5:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am glad i found this thread. I am running a build very similar to this, without FN, and i mostly do MP5.

I think i will go try using FN, and also Arcane Dynamo. Certainly it is good to know that an archon build can be viable at high MP. I am in the process of saving up for a 1H weapon upgrade.

I wonder how LS is essential to the build. I ran with blood magic, without LS, and it is fine (even with glass cannon on) except for RD mobs. For RD mobs, i can beam that a little and use orbs/portion to heal myself, or i can use DS, and LL them slowly. (Also, i use storm armor .. and that can damage RD mobs without damaging you).

Given that RD is going to be nerfed, i wonder if it is worthwhile to buy into LS now.
Reply Quote

Whaaaaat?! Im sportin around 150k dps and I blow through MP5 without scramble. I have 0% Life steal and bout 400 LOH. The only thing I have to do is click out of archon for some reflect damage mobs and freeze/ww them, which only takes a few seconds longer. For ubers I dont even use archon, I use Chain Reaction and perma freeze them until they die. By the way I also use Glass cannon and still have zero problems with dying.
Reply Quote
I am glad i found this thread. I am running a build very similar to this, without FN, and i mostly do MP5.

I think i will go try using FN, and also Arcane Dynamo. Certainly it is good to know that an archon build can be viable at high MP. I am in the process of saving up for a 1H weapon upgrade.

I wonder how LS is essential to the build. I ran with blood magic, without LS, and it is fine (even with glass cannon on) except for RD mobs. For RD mobs, i can beam that a little and use orbs/portion to heal myself, or i can use DS, and LL them slowly. (Also, i use storm armor .. and that can damage RD mobs without damaging you).

Given that RD is going to be nerfed, i wonder if it is worthwhile to buy into LS now.

I am glad you chose to find this thread......

I tried to go the SNS route and found it was silly and boring. Though it is legit and totally viable, I just found that this is truly the end game build for Wizards(in my opinion).

I would not technically rule on what they are going to do with reflect mobs....it could just be a minor change. I personally enjoy my life leech on weapon/blood magic because in Archon you are able to recover health almost too quickly.

I am also wonder why you don't think LS is essential? What MP are you running? If we are talking MP 6 and below...yeah you can get away with using LS on just a weapon or usually just blood magic if you want to go for pure DPS weapon.
Reply Quote
@ Shenko - how's that baby girl?

I must admit, I joined the dark side. Hours of farming the same runs the same way, and never having the gear to bump up to higher MP finally got to me. It's a bit sad how my transitional gear and 'meh' CM set have already put me at higher capability than my much better archon gear.

I miss the speed at times, and I lost my 7 PUR in the changeover (which has annoyed me), but I think I'm going to be hybridizing on the low-end now (speed farming in archon, wearing CM gear) rather than your high-end version (having some freeze-lock in archon gear).

I'd love to go back to yours if I had the DPS and mitigation to pull it off, but short of finding a 1b+ weapon (that I wouldn't just equip for myself), I don't see it anytime soon.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Kraglord

Whaaaaat?! Im sportin around 150k dps and I blow through MP5 without scramble. I have 0% Life steal and bout 400 LOH. The only thing I have to do is click out of archon for some reflect damage mobs and freeze/ww them, which only takes a few seconds longer. For ubers I dont even use archon, I use Chain Reaction and perma freeze them until they die. By the way I also use Glass cannon and still have zero problems with dying.

Somehow, I just don't believe you're telling the truth. Under 30k health/little to zero AR/and sub 129k unbuffed dps. For your pleasure, I decided to load you up on D3up.com......

129k dps- 145k w/force weapon
150k EHP
466 AR

If you are blowing through MP 5, I would like to see this.....350k dps for mp 5 is making it so everything is able to be killed then progress through not stopping. Your 145k....there is no way you are progressing through mp 5 efficiently and effectively.

Bottom line, as this threads main contributor, I really dislike posts like yours. If you get upset with my post, so be it. Invite me to your game and show me, then I will gladly eat my own words.
Reply Quote
@ Shenko - how's that baby girl?

I must admit, I joined the dark side. Hours of farming the same runs the same way, and never having the gear to bump up to higher MP finally got to me. It's a bit sad how my transitional gear and 'meh' CM set have already put me at higher capability than my much better archon gear.

I miss the speed at times, and I lost my 7 PUR in the changeover (which has annoyed me), but I think I'm going to be hybridizing on the low-end now (speed farming in archon, wearing CM gear) rather than your high-end version (having some freeze-lock in archon gear).

I'd love to go back to yours if I had the DPS and mitigation to pull it off, but short of finding a 1b+ weapon (that I wouldn't just equip for myself), I don't see it anytime soon.

baby girl is now a week and 2 days old....she is came out 8lbs3oz. Bright eyed....starring at Dad the entire time she lay on the table. It has been pretty restless the last two days, but we are getting through it all! Thank you for asking sir.

-----------
I was there too my friend.....went heavy into SNS and totally regret it. I sold a lot of top tier Archon gear that I am struggling to get back. I am now about less -25k dps, but about 80-100k better in the EHP area. I am not sure what is better, but I am sitting pretty comfortable after winning two auctions on my new tal ammy/left ring last night.

I don't really call the CM the dark side, I think that their fate and the Hybrid Archon fate rests solely on the passive Critical Mass. The only difference is, again....(in my opinion) when/if CM does get changed I believe Archon users will be able to adapt better to other builds or stay within Archon.
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 1/4/2013 6:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Stratos

I'm slightly shy on res, but only by about 30. My DPS is low, which is why I was looking for specs based on my budget as per above. I did buy a Triumvirate, so budget is 5 mil less.

Everything else is at par for the build I believe.

Sorry for the late response, but how are you faring?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]