Diablo® III

MP0 vs MP1 act3? (blue answer pls)

Community Manager
I’ve seen this question come up pretty often, so I’m happy to oblige. I hope this helps!

Inferno Difficulty with No Monster Power (aka MP 0):

Act I = Monsters are level 61
Act II = Monsters are level 62
Act III = Monsters are level 63
Act IV = Monsters are level 63

As soon as you set Monster Power to MP1 or higher, all monsters will become level 63 (in all Acts) and they’ll all share the same item drop tables and drop rates. You can find even more information here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/
Reply Quote
so when are you planning a community gaming night Grimiku?

add me if you want/can padako#1522
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Mitchell
Since blues are here, why can't you answer if there was a buff on monster damage over night?

oh shut up ok?
Reply Quote
I’ve seen this question come up pretty often, so I’m happy to oblige. I hope this helps!

Inferno Difficulty with No Monster Power (aka MP 0):

Act I = Monsters are level 61
Act II = Monsters are level 62
Act III = Monsters are level 63
Act IV = Monsters are level 63

As soon as you set Monster Power to MP1 or higher, all monsters will become level 63 (in all Acts) and they’ll all share the same item drop tables and drop rates. You can find even more information here
Thank you Grimiku! People here are trying to correctly inform users of how the system is setup but it doesn't help when ill informed users are telling them the opposite and confusing everyone in the process!

Another thing I want to add is, even if the monster is 62, if they drop an ilvl 63 legendary or ilvl 63 rare, those items will roll 63 as well.
Reply Quote
[quote]

Another thing I want to add is, even if the monster is 62, if they drop an ilvl 63 legendary or ilvl 63 rare, those items will roll 63 as well.

good to know lol.
Edited by HeavenlySky#2568 on 10/26/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow this confusion is still going on lol?
Reply Quote

You sir, are wrong.

in a1,a2,a3 mp1 above. all mobs are m63, thus they gear they drop can roll i63 affixes. (eg: even ilvl 54 follower tokens)

BUT if you bring a puzzle ring into mp1+ (or a3mp0, a2mp0), the goblin that spawns is m61, and any i61 and below items it drops will only spawn up to max i61 affixes.

if ilvl > mlvl, max affix possible = ilvl
if mlvl > ilvl, max affix possible = mlvl

in a1 mp0, whimsyshire mobs are m63, thus have m63 drop rates and items i62 below can roll i63 affixes. a puzzle ring goblin in whimyshire is still m61
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 10/26/2012 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
they still haven't fixed the puzzle ring bug?
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Mitchell
Since blues are here, why can't you answer if there was a buff on monster damage over night?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004450382?page=24
Reply Quote
Read the patch notes, you will the the answer to your own question OP.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 04:37 PMPosted by HeavenlySky

oh shut up ok?

This
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 07:03 PMPosted by RossTerra

oh shut up ok?

This

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004450382?page=24
Reply Quote
So does this mean that, on MP>0, Act 1 monsters are easier than Act 4 monsters (since MP is just a scaling change to HP, damage, etc), but drop the same loot? Or does the fact that they're Mlvl 63 monsters now mean the base stats for the monster are higher than they would be without MP?
Reply Quote
Personally, I found the A3 mobs to be easier than the A1&2 mobs at MP2. I suspect though, that a lot of the reason for that is simply expectation. Previously the A1 mobs were cake, I could farm them in MF gear and I expected them to grow by the small % that blizzard stated. But the reality is they grow from 61 to 63 before they get the MP2 increase. So instead of being say 80k health they actually became 150k health. So their increase was more like 400% than 200%. Whereas the A3 mobs were already 63 so they only got the stated MP2 increase.
Reply Quote
Except it's wrong.

MP0 Act 3 also contains 62 mobs. They weren't all 63.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/45706-monsters-levels-by-actdifficulty

That graph is garbage. Blizzard has stated many times that a1=61, a2=62, a3/4=63. And no, I am not going to look up source.

Edit: whoops didn't see blue.

Also, blizz has stated that item stats roll by mlvl unless ilvl is higher, then stats roll at ilvl, and again no I will not look up source.
Edited by Backwoods#1437 on 10/26/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Grimiku
Really shouldn't feed the trolls that ask for "a blue response". It just encourages more drek on the forums and people to say "I need a blue response now!"
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Grimiku

Thanks for the confirmation.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Aegolius
So does this mean that, on MP>0, Act 1 monsters are easier than Act 4 monsters (since MP is just a scaling change to HP, damage, etc), but drop the same loot? Or does the fact that they're Mlvl 63 monsters now mean the base stats for the monster are higher than they would be without MP?

They have the same hp and damage scales on mp>0.

A1 monsters are easier because they don't have all the annoying skills from a2 and a3. But in a1 the mob density is lower and it involves a lot of long narrow tunnels.
Reply Quote
I'm still trying to square the circle of what this means for drop rates and quality.

Clearly there is still a difficulty progression between acts, with A1 being easier than A2 and so on. For obvious reasons it therefore would be unfair if the drop rates would be the same. Yet "every monster is lvl 63" implicitly means this difference in drop rates cannot exist.

What am I missing? Or is anyone farming anything other than A1 (taking monster density out of the equation for a sec) really loosing out?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]