Diablo® III

MP0 vs MP1 act3? (blue answer pls)

View profile
10/26/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Mitchell
Since blues are here, why can't you answer if there was a buff on monster damage over night?

Who cares if there was? This game needs more difficulty anyway for the people who want it. Play at MP0 if it bothers you otherwise enjoy it :)
Reply Quote
I'm still trying to square the circle of what this means for drop rates and quality.

Clearly there is still a difficulty progression between acts, with A1 being easier than A2 and so on. For obvious reasons it therefore would be unfair if the drop rates would be the same. Yet "every monster is lvl 63" implicitly means this difference in drop rates cannot exist.

What am I missing? Or is anyone farming anything other than A1 (taking monster density out of the equation for a sec) really loosing out?

the difficulty progression only really exists without monsterpower enabled. at mp1> all acts have kind of the same difficulty level although some monsterabilities can still get you in trouble.
Reply Quote
I'm still trying to square the circle of what this means for drop rates and quality.

Clearly there is still a difficulty progression between acts, with A1 being easier than A2 and so on. For obvious reasons it therefore would be unfair if the drop rates would be the same. Yet "every monster is lvl 63" implicitly means this difference in drop rates cannot exist.

What am I missing? Or is anyone farming anything other than A1 (taking monster density out of the equation for a sec) really loosing out?

Depends on what makes it easiest to kill monsters. Having them all line up in a hall to try to hit the templar blocking the doorway makes it really convenient for me to AoE them to death, so Act 3 Keeps is one of my favorite spots. On the other hand, Act 1 and 2 are full of fast, burrowing critters that close in much too fast for my tastes.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Mitchell
Since blues are here, why can't you answer if there was a buff on monster damage over night?

They already did. There wasn't.

Hey all!

I just wanted to thank everyone for describing their experiences and reporting to us a possible issue with monster damage when Monster Power is activated. We really appreciate it when you let us know of potential problems affecting the game. /highfive

We've investigated the matter thoroughly, however, and have verified that scaling bonuses to monster damage at each level of MP have not changed, and that they are currently using the correct values. Those values are detailed in full in this post. For reference, we've not only checked the actual data but have run several tests both in an internal test environment and in the live game, and everything checks out as it should.

We'll continue to monitor this thread and your reports over the weekend and will follow-up if needed. As a reminder, though, if you believe you may have encountered a bug while playing, please be sure to post in the Bug Report forum so that our QA team can investigate.

Edit: Here is the thread if you wanna look and see for yourself.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004450382?page=24#new-post
Edited by Switch72nd#1324 on 10/27/2012 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]