Diablo® III

Commas when listing items

(Locked)

Spaces would be great. Been a real pain especially with that whole things selling instantly/no 5minute wait bug.
I have to say, i dont think they had your plan for this but... Im sure thats what there going to do. Make that money blizzard and make are game correct!! please add 2 more classes to make up for all the nerfs your about 2 do, and i dont care what (2) classes you add.

it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Any idiot who even USED the AH would have been like "WHOA, after like 5 zero's it gets a little hard to keep track! Maybe we should add some sort of system to separate them so its easier to see!"

Another example of stellar quality control

I've never had this issue so I don't pity anyone who does.
Differentiating 0s is not a urgent problem that needs attending to, in my opinion.

Please cry more. (sarcasm)

"I've never had a problem with finding food therefore I don't pity people who starve to death in third world countries"

ignorant and idiotic statements aside, whether YOU personally have a problem with it is entirely irrelevant to the fact that it's something that shouldn't have been there in the first place. There's a reason why scientific calculators divide 0's by sections of 3's with commas. You know why? Cause making sure 100000000000 is the correct number to the 10th degree is freaking tedious and stupid.

but keep acting like you're too cool to care.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/02/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Lylirra
regional differences
is the user on a US/AU client? commas. is the user on a EU client? periods

repeat for infinity logics.

"I've never had a problem with finding food therefore I don't pity people who starve to death in third world countries"

ignorant and idiotic statements aside, whether YOU personally have a problem with it is entirely irrelevant to the fact that it's something that shouldn't have been there in the first place. There's a reason why scientific calculators divide 0's by sections of 3's with commas. You know why? Cause making sure 100000000000 is the correct number to the 10th degree is freaking tedious and stupid.

but keep acting like you're too cool to care.

Why don't you read the entire conversation. My original point is that they already addressed the problem and are thinking of ways to fix it. If you decide to keep crying over the situation, you're actually the idiot. Okay?

i know you cant grasp reading content so i'll try to make it simple

it shouldn't have been there in the first place. This is the result of lousy beta testing and shotty quality control.

simple enough for you?

i know you cant grasp reading content so i'll try to make it simple

it shouldn't have been there in the first place. This is the result of lousy beta testing and shotty quality control.

simple enough for you?

Explain how your entitlement effects me? Defending your opinion is completely irrelevant. Learn comprehension.

what entitlement? what are you even going on about?

I love how you defend blizzards quality control of being too inept to do the same function that a simple calculator that comes with the Windows operating system can perform.

what entitlement? what are you even going on about?

I love how you defend blizzards quality control of being too inept to do the same function that a simple calculator that comes with the Windows operating system can perform.

Are you trolling? Allow me to make this simpler for you.

You expect commas.
I could care less.

Back to my original point. They ALREADY addressed the issue, so why are you still crying?

as i said earlier. what you care about is irrelevant.

if blizzard wants to cut back on doing a proper beta test then i'll make it a point to gripe when idiotic issues like this make its way 6 months into the game. i guess thats really a bit too difficult to understand.
Don´t know if mentioned already, just make an option so people can chose commas or dots.
11/02/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Lylirra
In the US, for example, decimals are identified with periods (ex: 1.23). Whereas in a lot of places in Europe, decimals are identified with commas (ex: 1,23). This means that a number like one million would look a bit different in each of those regions. In the US, it would look like "1,000,000" and in Europe it would look like "1.000.000".
You got your examples backwards, you say US uses decimals yet in your example European countries use decimals...
i dont think the creators of diablo care about the player as much as the greed or in other word the money there making why do u really think they nerf gears or skills or mkae gears now that are majorly better then the item prior to patch that were godly connsidered hmm.

they sit there an d tell us we cant talk or critize them bout anything or they will delete this or ban us hmm
thus comfirming what me and other posters have siad
they delted one of myt freind post bout 2 hrs ago i posted agreemnet on his post then when they delted his i posted one to think there not making it seem like were lieing there making it obvuis that were right
watrch alt least 50 of u will see this post give me a good chance that 10 of u will agree and srpread ur thoughts on this to other player to voice ur oppion

this game has been poorly made they want to show they care about what us the players think they should respond to this post and not delete it that would prove they actually care about us as players not just bout what make them an extra buck i dont bash that they want to make money but the way uthey do it is messed up

view my posts to see what i have written do it quick becuase knowing there greed will make them delete it or take my post prilidges away thus far even proving my point most people agree with me i got over 60 emial on this topic in the last 30 minutes so i no that i am not the only one thinking this blizzard as a heads up u want to make money good making money is good but think about if u lose 60% of the popluation dont u think the money coming in will go down people will quit just ewbcuase u nerfing items and skills or making changes i have 3 real life freinds who quit playing and my mother playing d2 6 years big fan not anymore she quit playing period and went to playing guild wrs witch is a good game u can have over 500 people in one game and chat with them all at the same time thats i say agian five hundred people in the same game on one map thats impressive the same style as diablo but u degsgin ur own look boy girl hair color every thing fat skinny black white so this game in my oppion was a satep down not a step up
in the beggning it was great then went down hill from there
and still no pvp whats up with that u talk about it but not one thread of evedence that its been worked on blizzard read my prior post i posted like 6 hrs ago oafter my account got hacked witch still havent got any news on that pls players feel free to send me an emial or IM me my emial is baind1248@yahoo.com intant id baind1248 ok thnx i would love to private chat andhere ur views cus u probly dont want to voice them here do to the fact they threaten to ban us if we post anything in anyway that show agianst there them or says anything negiative cus they are perfect gamers that make a new game with hundreds of bug and havent had a patch yet to come out thats been bug free d2 nvr had that problem
11/02/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Lylirra
So, which decimal style do we use? That question is actually one of the main reasons we chose not to include commas initially, since it could be confusing to players in other regions outside North America.

I don't quite understand the debate about commas, dots and spaces at all.
Being a software developer myself I had exactly the same problem 1 year ago. Customers wanted grouping seperators in huge numbers. I have to admit that it took me some time to think about the solution, but in the end it was way easier to accomplish said task than I would have ever imagined.

So yeah... why don't you just use the regional settings of the users operating system? Everything you need to display numbers properly is stored in there and you can be absolutely sure that the user is happy with the way the numbers will be displayed, because the user chose the numbers to look like that.
Edited by SaxonBeast#2140 on 11/3/2012 1:32 AM PDT
13 pages about comma's in the AH.....epic :)

Definitely needs to be added into the game.
You expect commas.
I could care less.

What a !@#$ tastic argument. Even if we were to accept that somehow wanting basic numeric syntax to be followed iis somehow egregious entitlement how are we going to have any discussion at all under your expectations of non-entitled positions.

Basically, your expectation of non-entitlement is equally whiny entitlement talk.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]