Diablo® III

Commas when listing items

(Locked)

View profile
Completely agree, a month ago I accidentally sold my Litany of the Undaunted for 3.35 million instead of 33.5 million like I intended, it really is hard to discern whether you are missing a zero or not,especially when you're listing multiple items of high value.
seeing how the 5 mins is gone, it's devastating if you forgot a zero. still vouching for a comma. really, how difficult is that?

i would much rather have a comma than go 10000000 ok let's count....ok set, 10 mil. geez man >_<
I know back when I was in China, they place commas in different spots..
For example, to write ten-thousand, the US would write it as 10,000 while China would write it as 1,0000.
but that's not how it works in the Asia realm AH.
voting for space as a global standard.

purpose really is just to separate every three digits anyway.

since we already got a blue response in here already, thank you in advance!
Lylirra why dont you implement all the decimal styles ( or the most common) into a selective option in the game menu? since it involves a character change mostly that doesnt sound particularly complex and player would choose whatever they see fit .

Also while we are at it id apreacciate the comma diferentiation in another parts of the game ! like monster/player health point numbers, player damage numbers ( all of them ! normal , criticals , dps sheet), sometimes its hard to tell quickly the quantity of said numbers , specially under the normal game stress.
i believe since they are worried about different regions having different styles of denoting currency and stuff, there should be a little tiny box option on the side of where you put in the price for bid/buyout that lets you choose whether to use decimal or commas. i don't think it's that complicated.

if one truly plays this game for hours and hours, he or she will know how it feels to be drained, exhausted, and hell even frustrated if you want, that it's utterly easy to mistype numeric symbols especially zeros and whatnots.
There is also another option - allow suffixes on the price. So if i wan't to sell something for 12 000 000, I could just write 12m, of 120k would be the same as 120 000. This would be the same across all regions, since k(kilo), m(mega) are SI suffixes.
11/03/2012 11:11 PMPosted by novo
There is also another option - allow suffixes on the price. So if i wan't to sell something for 12 000 000, I could just write 12m, of 120k would be the same as 120 000. This would be the same across all regions, since k(kilo), m(mega) are SI suffixes.

this and this and this

+1
Not that big a deal, but would be a nice addition...
[quote="70032338763"]We made a choice, and that choice had its reasons (which were actually well-intentioned). We may not have made the best choice, though -- which we realize -- and we agree that an improvement can be made.

I guess that's as close to, "We made the wrong choice.", as we can expect.

Thanks,
JJ
11/03/2012 01:59 PMPosted by ZaM
I lost about 120m due to having missed a zero (happened 3 times)

And now I just lost another 10m (or 18m if it would have sold for 20m, which was likely)

hurray
While figure clarity is an important issue I believe not being able to see the number of bids on an item is a much more severe issue and is breaking the AH.

Without being able to to see the number of bids on an item we have no way of knowing the true value of an item. People are over pricing everything either because they do not know the value of item or because they know people will not know the value of the item.

When I search for item in the AH that is similar to my item that I want to sell I get great variance in prices. How do I know which one is going to sell? and which one is just way too over priced and did not get a single bid?

A lot of players including myself have been getting creative with starting bid prices to try and take advantage of this broken system. Instead of making a stating price of 1,000,000 you for example make a starting price of 984,475 so it seems the item has bids on it, which should look more appealing to buyers.

AH is broken! I would be interested to know the percentage of listings that is actually selling. I would imagine it's extremely low.

I have created a couple of threads previously about this issue and they got completely ignored. Please blue pass this suggestion along up the line.
While figure clarity is an important issue I believe not being able to see the number of bids on an item is a much more severe issue and is breaking the AH.

Without being able to to see the number of bids on an item we have no way of knowing the true value of an item. People are over pricing everything either because they do not know the value of item or because they know people will not know the value of the item.

When I search for item in the AH that is similar to my item that I want to sell I get great variance in prices. How do I know which one is going to sell? and which one is just way too over priced and did not get a single bid?

A lot of players including myself have been getting creative with starting bid prices to try and take advantage of this broken system. Instead of making a stating price of 1,000,000 you for example make a starting price of 984,475 so it seems the item has bids on it, which should look more appealing to buyers.

AH is broken! I would be interested to know the percentage of listings that is actually selling. I would imagine it's extremely low.

I have created a couple of threads previously about this issue and they got completely ignored. Please blue pass this suggestion along up the line.

People can put that in there with the 984,475 ect... i can still tell if there is no bid on the dam item when i bid on it and it shows me that 984,475 that means no one has bid on it yet and thats what they put the price at.

I could care less about how they do put it spaces . , or whatever else they want it dont bother me as i can count how many zeros i put in there maybe you all need to get a bigger monitor or something or go back to school its not hard to see 10000000 being 10m lol
Kraktos
11/04/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Kraktos
which one is just way too over priced and did not get a single bid?

not being able to see the number of bids on an item is a much more severe issue and is breaking the AH

I have created a couple of threads previously about this issue and they got completely ignored

Dude its completely ignored because its an unexistant problem , im surprised u havent realized yet, to check if the bid is real or not click on the bid button while selecting the item on AH , now on the menu that pops up if the editable number on the bid slot goes higher than the current bid it means the current bid is real ( since you always have to place a superior bid in order to overcome last bid ) , if the editable number on the bid slot is the same as the current bid it means that the initial bid is not placed yet and theres no real offer yet.

Its funny how people like you claim this is breaking AH without having any clue or proof whatsoever XD
are bots allowd
People aren't dumb, put whatever, make it commas for US sake.
We want to know how many digits there are, who cares what is the thousands separator.
I think this topic should be settled then, since Lylirra will be addressing this concern to the devs. So we just need to wait in the next patches.
Kraktos
which one is just way too over priced and did not get a single bid?

not being able to see the number of bids on an item is a much more severe issue and is breaking the AH

I have created a couple of threads previously about this issue and they got completely ignored

Dude its completely ignored because its an unexistant problem , im surprised u havent realized yet, to check if the bid is real or not click on the bid button while selecting the item on AH , now on the menu that pops up if the editable number on the bid slot goes higher than the current bid it means the current bid is real ( since you always have to place a superior bid in order to overcome last bid ) , if the editable number on the bid slot is the same as the current bid it means that the initial bid is not placed yet and theres no real offer yet.

Its funny how people like you claim this is breaking AH without having any clue or proof whatsoever XD

you`'re still getting around a broken system! why do I have to go trough all that? why not just display the number of bids? I'm sure a huge percentage of population don't know about the "workaround" just like I didn't which is still the reason why we get a lot of overpriced items... hence broken AH!

and on top of that you still don't know how many bids the item has, you just know there was a bid. I could easily get a friend to bid on an item for me, so it's exploitable...
Edited by Kraktos#2705 on 11/4/2012 1:23 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]