Diablo® III

Commas when listing items

(Locked)

11/04/2012 01:01 AMPosted by RedSonic
I think this topic should be settled then, since Lylirra will be addressing this concern to the devs. So we just need to wait in the next patches.

Will that be before or after the patch that will fix the inability to drop extra plans for the Staff of Herding?

-JJ
One thing to keep in mind is that Diablo III is a global game, available in multiple regions around the globe. And, across those regions, the decimal style varies.

In the US, for example, decimals are identified with periods (ex: 1.23). Whereas in a lot of places in Europe, decimals are identified with commas (ex: 1,23). This means that a number like one million would look a bit different in each of those regions. In the US, it would look like "1,000,000" and in Europe it would look like "1.000.000".

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen.

You can already see Commas while BROWSING the auction house... so don't give any lame excuse like this please.
I play english and spanish versions and I have no problems

I always type 1000000 (no commas, no spaces) and my results are working

I dont know whats the problem

the same occurs when I type 2.6 if i want something with ls
So, when the game itself is improving, people need alternate ways to blow off steam and nitpick things. Hereby, the decimal/comma debate.

EDIT: Also, stop using the Auction Houses.
Edited by Phoenix#11991 on 11/4/2012 8:17 AM PST
One thing to keep in mind is that Diablo III is a global game, available in multiple regions around the globe. And, across those regions, the decimal style varies.

In the US, for example, decimals are identified with periods (ex: 1.23). Whereas in a lot of places in Europe, decimals are identified with commas (ex: 1,23). This means that a number like one million would look a bit different in each of those regions. In the US, it would look like "1,000,000" and in Europe it would look like "1.000.000".

This is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen.

You can already see Commas while BROWSING the auction house... so don't give any lame excuse like this please.

The thing you guys don't see is that if Blizzard wants to make this change they must access each and every single computer running D3 and change it manually, that's why it's so hard.
Ho hard is it to count out up to 7 or 8?

I wouldn't mind commas, they should have been in already...

Seriously...you hit the 2 button, then, as you hit the "zero" button, you count "nine" times. How hard is that? lol

What a ridiculous fricken request.
I REALLY DON'T CARE IF D3 IS PLAYED GLOBE OR NOT, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! I'M A OLDER GUY WHO GROW UP PLAYING D1 & D2, AND WAITED 12 LONG YEARS FOR D3 TO COME OUT!! AFTER YEARS OF TEASING AND PROMISING THAT D3 WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT?? IT'S NOT!!! BY A LONG SHOT:( I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF FREE TIME TO MYSELF, SO WHEN I DO I LOVE TO PLAY D3.. THE PROBLEM IS EVERY TIME I PLAY, THERE ARE SERVER ISSUES, NOT TO MENTION THE EXCESSIVE LAG TIME!! IT GETS WORST EVERYTIME A HOT FIX IS INSTALLED! SO INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME I LOVE, I HAVE TO TROUBLESHOOT THE PROBLEMS, WHICH TAKES A LOT OF MY FREE TIME!! I TRIED TO TURN BOTH MY BOYS ON TO D3, BUT ALL THE PROBLEMS THIS PROGRAM IS HAVING, MY BOYS ALL OF THEIR IXFRIENDS THINK D3 SUCKS!! YOU WOULD THINK 12 YEARS WOULD BE ENOUGH TIME TO FIX THE TONS OF PROBLEMS? SO, HERE WE ARE ONCE AGAIN TROUBLESHOOTING A PROBLEM OF EXCESSIVE LAG TIME!! TO SAY THE LEAST, I'M VERY DISAPOINTED IN D3 FINAL PRODUCT!! BLIZZARD HAS SCAMED TO U.S. AND THE REST OF THE GLOBE! THEY SHOULD REFUND THE MONEY TO PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF, MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!:( THEY WILL NOT DO THIS BECAUSE THEY ARE A GREEDY CORPARATION WHO CARES "NOTHING" ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS OR THE PRODUCT THEY PRODUCE!! SHAME ON YOU FOR TRYING TO BE THE MIDDLEMAN FOR BLIZZARD AND SHAME ON BLIZZARD FOR SCAMING CUSTOMERS AROUND THE GLOBE! IF I RAN MY BUSINESS LIKE BLIZZARD I WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS 30 YEARS AGO!
Is Blizzard aware that for the most part, I18N has been solved for the better part of the past decade? C, Perl, Python, Java, etc. all have had this feature in their standard libraries for years.

So...this isn't an "issue". It's a bug.
11/04/2012 02:49 AMPosted by IRRebel5150
The Comma's ALREADY EXIST EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME MONEY OR GOLD IS CONCERNED. It is ONLY missing when you LIST an item for sale, in the Trade Windows, or go to BID on an item in the GAH (Decimals are there in the RMAH, think about THAT for a minute.......)

This game is +15 i think the majority understands what a . after every 000 means after trying out AH.

You gave us europeans yards, US dates and every other weird stuffs and we figured it out instantly.

Is Blizzard aware that for the most part, I18N has been solved for the better part of the past decade? C, Perl, Python, Java, etc. all have had this feature in their standard libraries for years.

So...this isn't an "issue". It's a bug.
I recommend the use of spaces as separators.

My humble opinion.
Well in SDI, the standard units of measurement in the sciences, they realize that commas are sometimes used as decimals in other countries (because they are, don't say they are not).

How do they separate numbers?

1,000,000 = 1 000 000

This problem could easily be fixed...
I think we should stop forcing companies to label poisonous substances "poison".

If you're too stupid to not to know not to drink poison, why should the rest of us tolerate reading the word poison on our poisonous substances.

AmIRight?

So, which decimal style do we use? That question is actually one of the main reasons we chose not to include commas initially, since it could be confusing to players in other regions outside North America. We also didn't fully realize what kind of impact not having breaks would have on the user experience (and, yes, that's our bad).

That said, we agree that not having any method of breaking out values in the auction house isn't ideal, so we're currently discussing how best to address the issue (hopefully without creating other issues for players in other countries). We could just use commas, or we might do something more universal likes spaces.

so i dont understand.. you guys put commas in our inventory but in the AH its a big issue? whats the difference?

So, which decimal style do we use? That question is actually one of the main reasons we chose not to include commas initially, since it could be confusing to players in other regions outside North America. We also didn't fully realize what kind of impact not having breaks would have on the user experience (and, yes, that's our bad).

That said, we agree that not having any method of breaking out values in the auction house isn't ideal, so we're currently discussing how best to address the issue (hopefully without creating other issues for players in other countries). We could just use commas, or we might do something more universal likes spaces.

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible excuse. US media has been shown in every part of the world for the past 50 years. I'm pretty sure that people around the world are smart enough to realize that a comma is breaking up the number.
11/02/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Keybz
Umm only the USA uses decimials.. the rest of the world uses comma's.. so i would say use commas

Lol, what?

so i dont understand.. you guys put commas in our inventory but in the AH its a big issue? whats the difference?

This. The blue response is just lazy and uneducated about their own game. So what do regions outside North America see for vendor prices of their items? Yea...there you go.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]