Diablo® III

Commas when listing items

(Locked)

Make it region-specific.

It's frankly pathetic that this hasn't been implemented already.

There are three gameplay regions for Diablo III:

North America
Europe
Asia

Many countries within those regions use different decimal styles, so unfortunately it's not as simple as making it "region-specific." Also, making a change apply to only one region and not another isn't always ideal or an available option.

Now, like I said, we agree it'd be nice for players to break out values in the auction house (at the least the values that they enter themselves). In the end, we may just add commas, since that's what the service already uses in a lot of places. We're also considering other options (like spaces) that are more universal.

If regional isn't a good option, you could try making a it a language setting. I mean periods commas or spaces dont work for people maybe they will pick the option with some other random symbol. It could be fun. 1<000<000<000>00
So, which decimal style do we use? That question is actually one of the main reasons we chose not to include commas initially, since it could be confusing to players in other regions outside North America.

That said, we do agree that not having any method of breaking out values in the auction house isn't ideal, so we're currently discussing how best to address the issue (without hopefully creating MORE issues for players in other countries).

USE A GOD DAMN SPACE
Edited by Eradicator#1294 on 11/2/2012 7:17 PM PDT
1 000 000

PRETTY DAMN EASY TO UNDERSTAND

I'm tired of Blizzard's lame excuses for their horribly sloppy and lazy programming
I'm sorry.. responses like this blow me away. It's like you guys don't think things through. You had this system which is flawed, and upon criticism of that flaw, resort to a rather weak rationale for why they don't exist. It almost ends up seeming like a defensive reaction to being challenged on the design.. and coming up with something.. anything at all.. to justify that the way you chose to do it was actually perfection incarnate

Im gunna send an in game friend request because of this post. simply because i tried to type something that was similar to this and it made no sense, so i didn't post lol.

I type responses to issues and concerns for my job all day, and every one of them comes out similar to how a lylirra response sounds. "thanks, we appreciate it, were talking about it, we know its a problem, we will keep you posted."

3/4 of the time some of the above is true at all
They are hung up on different regions use different dividers...really? Now I know why small little changes take so long and why complicated things like PvP take forever.
Does it even matter wether commas or decimals?? I mean either way you can see the trio of zeros being split??
Pulldown option to choose your display preference with examples?
One thing to keep in mind is that Diablo III is a global game, available in multiple regions around the globe. And, across those regions, the decimal style varies.

In the US, for example, decimals are identified with periods (ex: 1.23). Whereas in a lot of places in Europe, decimals are identified with commas (ex: 1,23). This means that a number like one million would look a bit different in each of those regions. In the US, it would look like "1,000,000" and in Europe it would look like "1.000.000".

So, which decimal style do we use? That question is actually one of the main reasons we chose not to include commas initially, since it could be confusing to players in other regions outside North America.

That said, we do agree that not having any method of breaking out values in the auction house isn't ideal, so we're currently discussing how best to address the issue (without hopefully creating MORE issues for players in other countries).

So we can put a man on the moon, but can't use a region appropriate decimal/comma system for the AH?

Nice job Blizz.
11/02/2012 02:33 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I think we may have chased CMs back into hiding again.

nawwwww
just add commas were talking about gold here not money -_-......

it a lot more easy for someone to see 1,000,000 instead of 1000000 dont matter if its eu asia us if u add commas it makes it more easy for everyone... dont add spaces that looks stupid... just add the commas and be done
Community Manager
Hey guys, this discussion is getting a little out of hand. =/ If you want to figuratively shoot the messenger (that being me), that's fine, but let's please try to keep the conversation as civil as possible.

Also, it looks some of my follow up posts may have been missed in the excitement, so I'm going to quickly reiterate a few points:

- We agree with your feedback and want to make it easier for players to tell the difference between 1000000 and 10000000.

- We have considered simply adding spaces.

- We have also considered just adding commas, since it's what the auction house already uses.

- We didn't originally add commas to begin with, because we were concerned about regional differences and didn't fully realize how not having separations would impact players. That may have been the wrong call, but we're looking to amend it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]