Diablo® III

Commas when listing items

(Locked)

View profile
11/02/2012 04:00 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
BurningRope: It's been over six months we've been asking for commas. We aren't asking for very much but we've gotten nothing in five patches. Chew on that.

We've been asking for a lot of things, hundreds of things in case you haven't been taking notes. Many of these things have been implemented, some far beyond our desires. We wanted a solution to MF switch......we got Para leveling and MP, which solved that issue brilliantly.

I know the 'comma' issue is important, and it is obviously going to be resolved in short order. In the mean time, until Blizz implements the desired hand-holding method of digit entry, may I suggest a simple way to not burn yourself with a lack of zeros?

Count as you enter the digits. If you wish to enter a 1mil buyout, for example, count to yourself ; Enter the '1' and count the zeros as you press....1....2....3.....4......5.....6....done. No need for the fuzzy eye test.
If you go to the auction tab after you post, there's commas there. And it takes 5 minutes for it to post to the public. I always get in the habit of checking after I make a post.
Simple actiblizz use spaces like the francos
If ,'s and .'s are too much can you just cluster the zeros together and space after three

10 000 000 000. 10000000000
View profile

I think you're out of touch with the Diablo community. No one wanted MF removed from Diablo. It has always been a core element of the Diablo game experience and the way Blizzard decided to "fix" MF gear swap by completely making it irrelevant with Paragon is the worst fix possible. You know how they could have fixed it (and remember, they posted five possible solutions then decided to go with none of them)? Simply disable right click to gear swap. No one would drag swap gear in the middle of a fight for MF swapping. Simple. But nope ... they decide to kill MF with Paragon. Ugh!

What? I never said "no one wanted MF". I said MF switch sucked, it was essentially mandatory and people here were up in arms about how to end it. It has ended for me. You can still switch, but I choose not to as I feel 350% MF is suitable. With decent Para and MP levels, you simply do not have to be hassled to switch. Switching also had an inherent possibility of getting your gear mixed up, potentially resulting in a loss of treasured gear.

And I won't even address your attitude that Para levels weren't a great solution to that switch mess, you're espousing a great deal of ignorance, that's all I'll say.

Counting digits is such a stupid and unnecessary procedure. Every time I list an item and am forced to count the number zeros, I'm reminded how stupid the UI is.

Counting digits is "stupid and unnecessary" yet you complain that visually counting them is flawed? Are you feeling OK tonight? Perhaps a fever has stunted your thought to some capacity? It's something you should do anyway, even if they add commas.

Stop trying so hard to complain and show some accountability, sir.
Ty lil. Didn't read second post. Tldr etc. you guys rock and the continued support is much appreciated
using commas is basic coding.

THis would take 30 seconds to implement.

You take the input box which displays the data and set it to the correct formatting.

You do this once for each region; for their country specific format- then its done.

I jsut dont get it. The time that it takes to post why we havent done it or why it was overlooked, or why they considered it.. etc etc. it could have just been implemented already

It could have been corrected in the time it took me to type this.
Hahaha all this hoopla over dots. Use your eyes jeez.
Easy fix:

Seperate units into boxes ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ with each box only capable of placing 3 #'a

EG: 100 000 000 000 000 000

Simple
mountains that isnt even necessary... like I said, they select the textbox and use the formatting options.

If you have ever used excel you basically can get insigt into how the programming dialogue box works..

You can format the text box to use commas, to use %, to use decimals, $ , etc.

They basically didnt even apply any of the above options, just left it as an open text string. Some of the boxes will only allow integers, but thats as far as they went.

Noob coding for a gaming giant is ROFL.
View profile
11/02/2012 04:41 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
I give up on you. If anyone wants a crack at talking some sense into BurningRope, be my guest.

Speak for yourself. I'm not even sure what your issue is?

Yes, it's a situation that requires a more intuitive UI. It has been acknowledged, and given Blizz's history, we should all expect a change to be forthcoming.

You don't really seem to have much of an argument other than to protest something which has been acknowledged as an issue, which seems a bit redundant at this point.
this is something easily that can be hotfixed... why does it take blizzard 5 months for simple things like this?
So people complain that PVP is taking too long to come out and wonder what they are doing. And then they complain that it's too complicated to count to 6 when entering 0's and that Blizzard should make this change?

Come on people, stop being lazy. You can always check on the next tab to see the item selling if you are incapable of counting properly.

If I were Blizzard I would think that there are people older than 3 years old here, and they'd be capable of counting out the 6 to 10 0's that they need to enter. But I guess that's asking too much, isn't it?
Make it region-specific.

It's frankly pathetic that this hasn't been implemented already.

There are three gameplay regions for Diablo III:

North America
Europe
Asia

Many countries within those regions use different decimal styles, so unfortunately it's not as simple as making it "region-specific." Also, making a change apply to only one region and not another isn't always ideal or an available option.

Like I said, though, we agree it'd be nice for players to break out values in the auction house (at the least the values that they enter themselves). In the end, we may just add commas, since that's what the service already uses in a lot of places. We're also considering other options (like spaces) that are more universal.

WTF are you talking about?
i wanna hope this is a joke.

In game gold is with ,
Prices in search Tab in the auction house are with ,
Auction Tab has prices listed with ,
Complete tab on Auction house is with ,

So how the hell is that you are worried about putting a , or a . in the sell tab if all the damn game uses commas??
I repeat, wtf are you talking about? Are you kidding to us?

Just accept your fu**ing mistakes for 1 time, and stop inventing excuses because you are too arrogant to admit you miss that.

You just need to post "yea we forgot that, it was a big fault, we need to correct and add commas"
The guy you are answeing is right, its PATHETIC it hasnt done yet, and you just have to answer you are right we are gonna change that, no one care about the useless lie you are writing.

PS when i say you, i mean Blizzard, not you Lylirra
Edited by Darion#1864 on 11/2/2012 5:09 PM PDT
11/02/2012 05:05 PMPosted by SkiTz
this is something easily that can be hotfixed... why does it take blizzard 5 months for simple things like this?

because they have our money and they just dragging their feet. just like how they doing with pvp.

and people still find ways to defend them.
View profile
So people complain that PVP is taking too long to come out and wonder what they are doing. And then they complain that it's too complicated to count to 6 when entering 0's and that Blizzard should make this change?

Come on people, stop being lazy. You can always check on the next tab to see the item selling if you are incapable of counting properly.

If I were Blizzard I would think that there are people older than 3 years old here, and they'd be capable of counting out the 6 to 10 0's that they need to enter. But I guess that's asking too much, isn't it?

+1 yep....bigger fish to fry. The 'comma' thing will soon be fixed. People should take some personal responsibility and just count them out. I know that I have poor vision and those zeros blend together seamlessly. So I have always just counted out the proper digits and there has never been a mistake.
Community Manager
11/02/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Darion
You just need to post "yea we forgot that, it was a big fault, we need to correct and add commas"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005433457?page=6#119 :)

We made a choice, and that choice had its reasons (which were actually well-intentioned). We may not have made the best choice, though -- which we realize -- and we agree that an improvement can be made.
Edited by Lylirra on 11/2/2012 5:17 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]