Diablo® III

Banner - function ideas

Followup on the blue respons on ideas for banners.
Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794832270?page=4#78

Today we use banners in co-op to pinpoint where you meet champions, uniques and keywarden. If 4 players spread across a bigger area, the banner works as a faster way for everyone else to know who found a monster they need help with.

The banner is also used to show the cool design and to kill critters (for fun)

And lastly the banner is used in a frustrated way to show others that "I really wish that demon could live again so I could kicked it's !@#, this is why I have droped the banner right in his dead".

What else could the banner do? Ideas?

Here are my thoughts.

If one banner is droped in town
A - Trade with the banner it touches around the towns waypoint if accepted.
B - Banner replaces the portal area (it moves the portal) if a portal is open to wherever the banner is droped.

If one banner is droped outside town.
C - Save location as an X on the map to better find our way to the place with arrows / numbers showing us how far its to the X. Maybe if we found keywarden, and must stack up NV5 before killing. X marks the spot, X will go away once you are close.
J - Droped banner and then clicked on it would open our stash, that are a small portal for our hands to grab and leave gear. (idea from my friend)

If two or more banners meet within X radius outside town.
D - It could open a fast trade function if accepted.
E - Votekick on public server function if accepted.
F - If all banners in-game touch at one point, the area will be closed with a giant circle, making enemies within that circle stay put. The circle could last 10 seconds and are not skill-related.

If accepted = a yes/no window will open.

Other
G - Banner could be team related in PvP
H - No Sigil option should be availible for people who want a clean flag.
I - Background color option as default, except 100% dark, no stripe, no other details.

Your turn. Thank you.
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 11/6/2012 5:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bad ideas?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]