Diablo® III

Error 502 and slow login

90 Orc Warrior
Today, I have been getting error 502 all day and can't log in.
For the past couple days, I have had very slow log in problems where it takes me anywhere from 1 to 20 attempts to log in to b.net.
I'm using Windows 7, I haven't changed anything on my system since yesterday. I also tried restarting my connection and flushing my DNS. I am also on a University internet and I know that produces a lot of network connections.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I also get error 3007 as well when its not error 502.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
still having problem
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
These are relating to timeouts when attempting to logon.

Have you tried to rebuild your Battle.net Cache folders to see if this helps?

that didn't solve the problem
still getting the two errors above
i can log into WoW and any other game perfectly fine if that makes any difference
Edited by Motorbreath#1444 on 11/7/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
One,

Are you able to ask around and see if other students on the campus network are also having problems with Diablo III, or copy the game over to another computer and see if the issue persists?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I will try running D3 later tonight or tomorrow morning on a friend's computer (on a school network but different building).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Was able to try on another PC in a different building but same network. I wasn't able to login, had the same problem. Also brought his laptop to my building and tried it with my connection and he had the same problem.

I'm guessing it's safe to assume it has something to deal with school's network and Battle.net working together.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
One,

If it was working earlier and isn't now, I'd guess maybe your school network admins may have made a change in their security policies?

Check with them to ensure the following ports are open to your pc while on their network.

Unrestricted communications on ports 80, 1119, and 6881 - 6999.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I contacted them and they said they do not disclose that information to the public....
Although, those ports are open on MY PC.
But since I tried with 2 different computers, the problem isn't my computer.
I also tried not using a router and plugged the Ethernet directly into wall; it made no difference.
Edited by Motorbreath#1444 on 11/7/2012 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
I too have had this problem but it only started happening two nights ago. The logins have been slow ever since they rushed 1.0.5 into use. I've tried every single solution and nothing has worked. I even did all of the stuff Omrakos has said and still nothing. I think it's a Blizzard thing because I too am on a university connection an i've never had this problem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/07/2012 08:27 PMPosted by BLongowa
I too have had this problem but it only started happening two nights ago. The logins have been slow ever since they rushed 1.0.5 into use. I've tried every single solution and nothing has worked. I even did all of the stuff Omrakos has said and still nothing. I think it's a Blizzard thing because I too am on a university connection an i've never had this problem.

ya mine started happening 2 days ago and never had the problem
and i've had trouble in the past and seen posts with people at universities regarding connection problems with WoW/D3/and SC2
Edited by Motorbreath#1444 on 11/7/2012 8:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:30 PMPosted by One

ya mine started happening 2 days ago and never had the problem
and i've had trouble in the past and seen posts with people at universities regarding connection problems with WoW/D3/and SC2

I was using a direct connection to the university through the wall plug in and it didn't work so I went and bought a wireless router (I needed one anyway). STILL NOTHING..... Blizzard needs to pick up their !@#$ and start fixing everything because they are about to lose alot of members and future game customers.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i plug my connection straight into wall as well
i have a router but dont use it cuz it slowers speed slightly

edit: i noticed if i attempt to log in enough times, i can finally get through
but its on average 50-100 log in attempts lol
Edited by Motorbreath#1444 on 11/8/2012 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
43 Undead Warlock
Same issue and have tried everything to fix it to no avail. On the university network so most likely that but the school will not change their settings to appease gamers.
Reply Quote
One. I recently went home due to family things and i find that when i tried to login, i got a message that my account was locked because of an irregular login pattern. I.E. trying to login 100s of times in a day. I will be back at my university on monday and i will try to login. right now its working perfectly for me, if i am unable to login on monday, it is either blizzardds issues with universities in general or just our universites. Good Luck Buddy One.
Reply Quote
Same exact problem. Started within a week ago. :( not cool
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/09/2012 03:27 PMPosted by BLongowa
One. I recently went home due to family things and i find that when i tried to login, i got a message that my account was locked because of an irregular login pattern. I.E. trying to login 100s of times in a day. I will be back at my university on monday and i will try to login. right now its working perfectly for me, if i am unable to login on monday, it is either blizzardds issues with universities in general or just our universites. Good Luck Buddy One.

ya im heading home tuesday so ill see if i can log in no problem, im like 99% sure its blizzards problem, they must have changed something this week.
i hve had this issue before with WoW and SC2 throughout the past couple years on university networks.
Never had any problems when I'm home.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i have no trouble at all logging in when im at home...
the problem definitely associated with battle.net and universities
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]