Diablo® III

Drop Rate...Dropping

-

Yeah, because corporations like Actiblizzion never lie to their consumers, nor would they do anything secretly to impact the consumers in a negative way but the corporation in a profitable way. You are an idiot.

And I suppose the government is controlled by the Illuminati and the moon landing was a hoax. . . you are the idiot.

You are naive.

After the patch I and also my friends found like ~4 legendaries regulary just in the morning or evening.

Now since over a week my droprates went to hell like now Iam lucky to even find 1-2 legendaries playing the whole day. RNG my !@#, its too obvious really.
Reply Quote
1,000 elites, 29 legendaries

1,000 elites, 14 legendaries

1,000 elites, 8 legendaries, yeah thats whats happened to me the past 3k elites.

Interesting how this thread has progressed. I asked a simple question.

One poster has actually kept stats with a significant sample size which MIGHT support a null hypothesis.

Others choose to call me a fraud or troll with no data to back it up. Seems like a lot of misplaced anger issues.
Reply Quote
Troll Rate...Rising
Reply Quote

1,000 elites, 8 legendaries, yeah thats whats happened to me the past 3k elites.

Every legendary I've ever found was from white mobs.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Canda
Geez guys, just asking the question. Don't have to get all huffy...lol

If you've followed the forums regularly, you'd probably notice a topic like this appears almost every day (if not several times a day) for the last 4 months.

Many responders have long since lost their patience with the topic.
If you want to believe Blizzard throttles the drops on a daily/weekly/hourly basis than go for it.
I choose to believe it's just the result of RNG.
Reply Quote
got too many, mostly vendor legs though *sad face*,
I do collect them and sort of plant them in pub games to see reactions. Timing had to be pitch perfect, lucky for me I'm a melee, hope they didn't notice the missing ping on map :D

I must say from my studies, some people do take a few seconds standing still to notice a bright pillar of light :O
Edited by Hak#1935 on 11/6/2012 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
-

Yeah, because corporations like Actiblizzion never lie to their consumers, nor would they do anything secretly to impact the consumers in a negative way but the corporation in a profitable way. You are an idiot.

And I suppose the government is controlled by the Illuminati and the moon landing was a hoax. . . you are the idiot.

Yes we did land on the moon... Mhhahahhahaaaaaa
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 08:02 AMPosted by babinro
Geez guys, just asking the question. Don't have to get all huffy...lol

If you've followed the forums regularly, you'd probably notice a topic like this appears almost every day (if not several times a day) for the last 4 months.

Many responders have long since lost their patience with the topic.
If you want to believe Blizzard throttles the drops on a daily/weekly/hourly basis than go for it.
I choose to believe it's just the result of RNG.
Reply Quote

Interesting how this thread has progressed. I asked a simple question.

One poster has actually kept stats with a significant sample size which MIGHT support a null hypothesis.

Others choose to call me a fraud or troll with no data to back it up. Seems like a lot of misplaced anger issues.

all the "statistical" evidence posted in these threads is vague, annecdotal (spelling?), and un-controlled.

First off, when measuring drop rates you need to look at total # of monsters killed, not just elites. Then you need to know the actual drop chance of a legendary per monster kill, which we will never know but suffice to say it is really small. Then you need to compare your total number of legendaries to the expected value of legendaries to see if there is a significant difference.

Also, to get rid of other possible contributing factors you need to make sure you are doing the same runs, with the same gear, and the same amount of MF. Changing any of these values while collecting data could introduce colluding factors and increase a chance of a false positive/false negative

that is why people get so mad (me included) when these threads pop up because its all just people talking about what they saw, usually not collecting data, and when they do collect data they either do not do it in a controlled, rigorous way, or they just make it up

TLDR; RNG is RNG, stop making these threads
Edited by kmman40#1638 on 11/6/2012 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
I noted a marked decrease in drop rates this weekend. I have lectured extensively on statistics and understand RNG but something changed this weekend (over 20 hours of play). Did anyone else notice this or is it just me?

I would love to hear from Blizzard if drop rate manipulation in fact happens or not so we can choose to accept it or not.

::obligatory Picard facepalm::
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
11/06/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Mda

If you truly believe this, then you're pretty darn stupid for still sticking around playing games made by companies that abuse you like this. I guess you just like it.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Ziggro
RNG is RNG

what does that mean?

Ramdom number generator is ramdom number generator? so?

that old guy is old...

same thing

WTF?

Learn internet memes.
Reply Quote
its a meme that people use online, its showing that the random number generator is in fact, RANDOM (duh), unlike people like to claim.

its a sarcastic way of saying to people to stop believing in "stealth nerfs" of drop rates
Reply Quote
9 legendaries and 4 set items in the last 6 hours of play. RNG is RNG.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Kayaan

If you truly believe this, then you're pretty darn stupid for still sticking around playing games made by companies that abuse you like this. I guess you just like it.

I haven't been abused. I find one or more legendary items every run.

Just because you think you see a decrease in item drops for yourself doesn't mean it's happening to everybody and there's this giant conspiracy that Blizzard is controlling drop rates.

All you do is look like those idiot conspiracy theorists who make up stories about JFK, aliens, Bigfoot, Nessie, etc.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
11/06/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Yura

I haven't been abused. I find one or more legendary items every run.

Just because you think you see a decrease in item drops for yourself doesn't mean it's happening to everybody and there's this giant conspiracy that Blizzard is controlling drop rates.

All you do is look like those idiot conspiracy theorists who make up stories about JFK, aliens, Bigfoot, Nessie, etc.

Either you misquoted, or you suck at reading, because at no point did I declare any of this crap you're associating with me.
Reply Quote
RNG is RNG but the coefficient of probability of drops is set by Blizzard.

BTW, if you are tired of seeing these threads, don't read them or respond. I for one, am interested in what others have experienced in the past few days. Relax and ignore what you don't want to read. That's what I do when I read a newspaper.
Reply Quote
Confirming that my "rng" luck has been seriously off for the last several days. Also something else: I have had several new crafting recipes drop during this period which has not happened to me before. Anyone else notice this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]