Diablo® III

Drop Rate...Dropping

I noted a marked decrease in drop rates this weekend. I have lectured extensively on statistics and understand RNG but something changed this weekend (over 20 hours of play). Did anyone else notice this or is it just me?

I would love to hear from Blizzard if drop rate manipulation in fact happens or not so we can choose to accept it or not.

thats weird. i noted a marked INCREASE in drop rates this weekend.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'

I noted a marked decrease in drop rates this weekend. I have lectured extensively on statistics and understand RNG but something changed this weekend (over 20 hours of play). Did anyone else notice this or is it just me?

I would love to hear from Blizzard if drop rate manipulation in fact happens or not so we can choose to accept it or not.

I posted in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893559887?page=4#63"]a similar thread[/url] recently, and I’d highly suggest you check it out, because it goes into the nature of probabilities and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find"]how Magic Find works in Diablo III[/url].

What you are experiencing is simply a result of RNG. The drop rates of items were not decreased.

I'll tell you this right now. I quit this game in early June and recently picked it up again. Although I can see some major improvements mainly with the MP system, I've gone for 2 days straight here, at least 20 hours, with no worthwhile drop whatsoever. Got to wonder what the point is - of gearing, gaining xp, and playing difficult MP levels when nothing of any worth ever drops....it's ALL VENDOR TRASH!
Reply Quote
Moon landing? yeah i'm sure it was a hoax. to many people randomly died after it for me to think other wise.

Government being controlled? yeah the president using Jay Z in political ads really makes no sense. i'm sure there are plenty of rags to riches stories that don't include a guy who glorifies drug dealing, misogyny, ect.

Illuminati? Aka the Federal Reserve.

Drop Rates? they are always crap a few days/weeks after a patch releases. people wouldn't say anything if they weren't noticing it. it's retarded to think people are doing it wrong because paragon levels are to low.

That's like saying you bought the game because PVP was advertised on the box. You get home and get the game installed/patched. Log in...no way to PVP.

don't be naive.
Reply Quote
Usually I'd be first to say that rng is rng and I don't believe in drop rates changing after a few weeks after patch but I saw a drastic decrease in drop rates. I was getting 5-7 legendaries a day running MP0 and MP1 and for the past few days I've been getting 0-1 running the same routes and same playtimes.

Not only that, but I used to get ilvl 63 legendaries and the past handful legendary items have been 58 and 59.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 11/6/2012 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
I noted a marked decrease in drop rates this weekend. I have lectured extensively on statistics and understand RNG but something changed this weekend (over 20 hours of play). Did anyone else notice this or is it just me?I would love to hear from Blizzard if drop rate manipulation in fact happens or not so we can choose to accept it or not

I have absolutely noticed a decrease in overall drop rates.
In the 1st week after 1.05 came out I found 3 set pieces and several legendaries. I also noticed that there were very few whites and grays.
Over the past couple of days I've seen a marked increase in whites and grays and only 1 legendary with extremely bad stats.
There's definitely a trend with drops and patches, but exactly why this is we are left to guess.
Reply Quote
@ speedforce....agreed. they should just stop beating around the bush and let a level 60 mode drop nothing but level 60 plus items. or allow people to enter inferno at level 58 since plenty of gear for them drops there.
Reply Quote
I haven't seen a leg drop since Sat but my friend got 2 last night in one act 3 run. just RNG at work guys.
Reply Quote

I posted in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893559887?page=4#63"]a similar thread[/url] recently, and I’d highly suggest you check it out, because it goes into the nature of probabilities and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find"]how Magic Find works in Diablo III[/url].

What you are experiencing is simply a result of RNG. The drop rates of items were not decreased.

Can you (or anyone) clarify how this works into the Nephalim valor system? After 5 stacks you are guaranteed a rare but does MF affect the number of affixes you will get on that guaranteed rare?
Edited by Shadrak#1236 on 11/6/2012 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

why not have a deterrernt that rewards badluck? like sharshooter passive, the more game playes/enemies killed ie time passed... increases chances for a legendary up into a 100% drop and revert back....granted the window has to be large but it's a better to have asomething for those hours of badluck and no drop.

If they set it to a window large enough it won't differ that much from what it's now. With current drop rates, i didn't have a 10hr of play time between legendaries, most of them are crap tho. My collection of brimstones is expanding :)

The current drop rates are ok. You can get mid-tier gear under 10m for most classes, and you can easily farm 400k gold/hour if you have a weak char. So you can get 10m within 25hr of playtime and that's nothing. With that kind of gear you can start farming legendaries, and wait just wait for good drops to sell for a big buck.
Edited by novo#2842 on 11/6/2012 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 10:59 AMPosted by padako
I haven't seen a leg drop since Sat but my friend got 2 last night in one act 3 run. just RNG at work guys.

Yep. Grouping with a friend, we did A3 on MP3(from the Breached Keep to Azmodan). I got nothing while he got 3 legendaries, including a helm that was an upgrade for him. The next day he got nothing while I got a Nats cloak that I got 10m for. All random.
Reply Quote
Are you all daft?

Stop it with the conspiracies and just keep farming. Had you continued your runs instead of wasted your time complaining about inadequate drops, then maybe you might've found something. Oh, wait, the opportunity's passed.

FYI, before I went to bed last night, I picked up 7 uniques in 2.5 hours. Drop rates dropping? Take off the tin foil hats. They look silly.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 11/6/2012 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wake up people

Dont really care how many drops ...its all the crap drops that is killing this game ...

Drops are not fun nor will they ever be ...when you can get 200 drops of garbage an hr and no fun or good ones ...

Not asking for great drops just good ...would be nice ..

They don't exist to make anything exciting ...

Say all You want ..i don't care ...

If your so great tell me how i didn't get nerfed ...
And i will call you a liar to your face ....

Makes it all lame ...
Reply Quote
I had the best week of drops since I've been playing this game.
It's about time I finally started getting the good stuff.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Canda
I noted a marked decrease in drop rates this weekend. I have lectured extensively on statistics and understand RNG but something changed this weekend (over 20 hours of play).

No, you don't. If you think 20 player-hours is enough to comment on anything, you do NOT understand statistics at all.
Edited by Zoid#1297 on 11/6/2012 11:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
As someone who has "lectured extensively on statistics," you should know that data collected over 20 hours by one person is horribly inadequate to properly reflect the state of the entire D3 community.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]