Diablo® III

Drop Rate...Dropping

11/06/2012 08:02 AMPosted by babinro
Geez guys, just asking the question. Don't have to get all huffy...lol

If you've followed the forums regularly, you'd probably notice a topic like this appears almost every day (if not several times a day) for the last 4 months.

Many responders have long since lost their patience with the topic.
If you want to believe Blizzard throttles the drops on a daily/weekly/hourly basis than go for it.
I choose to believe it's just the result of RNG.

At the same time, if so many people have noticed a drop in legendary items from when the patch was released to now, you should start wondering. Each person complaining has a smallish sample size, sure but when this many people all start to make the same observations, there might be something there. Granted, all the ones that are getting good drops aren't starting threads saying "have the drop rates increased? I'm getting way more drops now than when the patch came out". But still, makes me wonder. I'm just observing from the side lines.

And yeah, if these threads are getting on your nerves, then stop reading and commenting in them (you as in general you, not the person I quoted). There's quite a few other threads to pick from.
Reply Quote
I did. drops are not like they were.
Reply Quote
I dont think the Random Number Generator is really working as it should(it is manipulated in a way)

In the span of 15 minuets i found 3 legendary items...all Ivory Towers. Now if that is RNG in action and working as intended...then i dunno.
Reply Quote
Drops have been crazy good lately, everything seems to be worth 20M+ that I see drop over the last few days, even rares worth a lot of gold. I'm not even farming really, just doing XP Alk runs, the Barb I run with get's a lot of legendary/sets per session.
Reply Quote
Random is not random. I have a group of friends players, some are in the paragon 90s, and too, said it is not random. Legendary does drops, but some drops way more than others. Like Dawn, WF, but not 2 socket manticore. Nat armor instead of Ik armor. Firewalker instead of ice climber. The list go on and on.
Reply Quote
I've noticed a major decrease in drops. I was getting 1-2 legendaries every couple of hours. They weren't godly by any means, usually a 58-61'er but the sound and sight of them at least made me happy.

For the past 4-5 days I have only gotten 1 or 2 doing the exact same route, every time. You can't tell me that RNG is RNG when it is a noticeable difference that is so obvious.

As other people have already stated, my MF is only increasing every time too. So if my MF is increasing but the drops seem to be decreasing at an obvious rate, people only start to wonder.
Edited by MisurA#1468 on 11/6/2012 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Random is not random. I have a group of friends players, some are in the paragon 90s, and too, said it is not random. Legendary does drops, but some drops way more than others. Like Dawn, WF, but not 2 socket manticore. Nat armor instead of Ik armor. Firewalker instead of ice climber. The list go on and on.

Have you considered that some item types are just more common than others by design?
for example, nat armour and dawn are class specific item and didnt the patch notes say they increased the drop rate for class specific items? also fire walkers is ilvl62 vs ice climbers ilvl63, also there are many ilvl63 boots legendaries, but only 1 type of ilvl62 boots.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 01:03 PMPosted by clees42

Have you considered that some item types are just more common than others by design?
for example, nat armour and dawn are class specific item and didnt the patch notes say they increased the drop rate for class specific items? also fire walkers is ilvl62 vs ice climbers ilvl63, also there are many ilvl63 boots legendaries, but only 1 type of ilvl62 boots.

This.

RNG is cruel, based off of what I see, I could easily say drops are rigged, why? Because I've had mainly Barb gear drop, I'm at 5 IK's to just 2 Nat's for sets. However, that is just me, there are other DH's who have farmed pretty much their entire Nat's set. While I'm seeing a weird drop rate for class specific stuff, others aren't, which means eventually my luck will probably turn and I'll see a ton of Nat's drops if I farm for long enough.
Reply Quote
Moon landing? yeah i'm sure it was a hoax. to many people randomly died after it for me to think other wise.

Government being controlled? yeah the president using Jay Z in political ads really makes no sense. i'm sure there are plenty of rags to riches stories that don't include a guy who glorifies drug dealing, misogyny, ect.

Illuminati? Aka the Federal Reserve.

JFK, 9/11, OBL... sigh. So much more. Wish Toto would hurry up and sniff out the scum behind the curtain, otherwise we'll have no hope of ever making it back to Kansas.

Did you see South Park's latest, "A Scause to Applause"? Brilliant stuff. Sadly, likely went over the heads of those it targeted.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Canda
Geez guys, just asking the question. Don't have to get all huffy...lol

Try not blatantly lying to attempt to gain credibility and people might get off your back.
Reply Quote
Imagine if your employer decided to use a RNG system for pay similar to what Blizzard implemented to D3 players & loot. Sure sometimes you'd be happy you got 2 high paychecks in 2 days, but you'd certainly be pissed off much more when you don't get paid for weeks or months and when you do finally get that check, it sucks, or it's in a currency you have to convert and lose 15%.
Reply Quote
DROP RATE NERF MADLIBS!!!

OMGZ Diablo forum goers,

so i think i noticed a nerf in the drop rates. ______(recent time period) I was totally running _____(number) - ______(number) of Act 3 runs and totes getting ______(big number) of legendaries per hour! but ever since ______(recent patch) i've only been getting _______(smaller number) of _______(negative adjective) legendaries per hour! WTF blizz!!

BLUE PLEASE CONFIRM STEALTH DROP NERF

Sincerely,
________(Insert troll/idiot's name here)
Edited by kmman40#1638 on 11/6/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Imagine if your employer decided to use a RNG system for pay similar to what Blizzard implemented to D3 players & loot. Sure sometimes you'd be happy you got 2 high paychecks in 2 days, but you'd certainly be pissed off much more when you don't get paid for weeks or months and when you do finally get that check, it sucks, or it's in a currency you have to convert and lose 15%.

Imagine an awful analogy that makes no sense but proves exactly what I want to say. That would suck wouldn't it?
Reply Quote
I posted in [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893559887?page=4#63"]a similar thread[/url] recently, and I’d highly suggest you check it out, because it goes into the nature of probabilities and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find"]how Magic Find works in Diablo III[/url].

What you are experiencing is simply a result of RNG. The drop rates of items were not decreased.

RNG is one thing.... Legendary droprate going down by approximatly 90% another.
First Week after 1.05 release i had 9 Legendarys in one Act 1 run on MP4.
Around ~20 per Evening.

Right now, i am getting around 2-4 per Evening doing practically the same.

To me this smells like a Stealth Nerf.
Reply Quote
5 years ago i was making love to 5 chicks during the same timeframe, leaving one for the other EVERYDAY. and for the past year, only been doing the same one. DAMN RNG xD
Reply Quote
^ How did you lose 4 fingers?
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Fitzgerald
^ How did you lose 4 fingers?

Touche! lolz
Reply Quote
So, conspiracy theorists.... Who am I to believe?

The people who claim drop rates go up after a patch based on their personal experience, or the people who claim drop rates were nerfed after release because they didn't find anything?

For every group posting about a lack of drops, you have another posting about their abundance of legendary drops.
Reply Quote
I found 5 legionaries yesterday in 12 hours. was just farming keys. and i take it slow. But all sucked so hard, had to salvage all but one. and its not selling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]