Diablo® III

Drop Rate...Dropping

Please explain this:
I bought Inna's pants for 27mil from someone in the trade channel.
5 Minutes later I find a weaker Inna's Pants.
10 Minutes later I find another Inna's Pants similar to the one I bought for 27mil gold.

Coincidence? I think a Blizzard Rep was in the trade channel and trolled me.
Reply Quote
I can confirm that the legendaries have stopped dropping for me since yesterday. I was averaging 2 a day before that.
Reply Quote
I did about 4 or 5 farming runs earlier today and only got 1 legendary!

...then I did about 4 more runs and found 6.
Reply Quote
Got a double drop last night a mojo and set pants off 1 elite!!. go mp1 full mf i get a drop a run or every other run. got 3 in one run once.
Reply Quote
today no drop for whole day. 1st time since start of 1.05. used to get more than 5 legendaries per day and 1 set item. now none!!! OMG I wanna complain!!!!
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Zaruen
i got 5 legs and 1 set item in only one run this morning.. so people really need to learn to shut up

That's right, people keep complaining, even after all the whining blizzard doubled legendaries drop chances, for them it's still not enough, meh.

I like how some compare d3 loot chances with ones in d2, in fact I played d2 for couple of years, done many MF runs and it's as RNG as d3. You might have found more unique items cause there were way many more than what d3 has to offer for a moment, but still they sucked and were not dropping as often as some people might think.
Reply Quote
3 legendaries off of one champ pack...my bro was downstairs and heard me freaking upstairs.

Claaang! kraaaang! Bashannnng!

Then 3 orange bolts to heaven...I was like...I stood up out of my chair and hopped like an ape.

All 3 sucked but hey, I'd like to hear about that happening to anybody else. Thing is about 2 months ago I got 2 legends off of one mob. But 3 out of 3 champs dropping a legend each.

I think the RNG is tied to a clock for some reason, it's the only rational explanation I have. All 3 got the same seed based on time of death or something.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Zaruen
people really need to learn to shut up

why don you shut up? don't boast about having drops when others are complaining none. you're making me jealous dude. i went through 2 paragon levels without a single legendary drop! coming to think of it, i don't think i have a single drop yesterday too!
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Omegaxmen
people really need to learn to shut up

why don you shut up? don't boast about having drops when others are complaining none. you're making me jealous dude. i went through 2 paragon levels without a single legendary drop! coming to think of it, i don't think i have a single drop yesterday too!

So the games broken because you didn't drop a brown yesterday? Are you serious?
I played paragon lvl 1-25 without a drop and now drop sets and browns like confetti, does that mean my games broken in favour of +drops? Hey Blizz your drop rate is broken, I'm dropping way too many items. Please fix this.

:)
Reply Quote
Kids.

This is why school is important. Pay attention and you will might *gasp* be able to use that knowledge for gaming. The amount of tinfoil hats here is amazing.

Not a single shred of evidence has been provided to controlled drops yet people are somehow inclined to think that the game hates them.

We humans are extremely susceptible to patterns. We try to find it in everything and anything. However, just because you believe it is true, does not mean that it really is.
Reply Quote
I have noticed this as well. I have found a total of 4 legendaries in the past 5 days (all of which were less than 2 million each), farming 3-4 hours a day with 350-400 MF. I have gained over 10 Paragon levels and have only found like 12 legendaries in that time. 3/4 of which were Storm Crows, Dark Mage's Shades, and Madstones. Utter garbage.

Something was changed, I can notice a big drop in drops when I see it. When I go from several legendaries per paragon level just a week or so ago, to 1 or less per paragon level this week, that's quite noticeable. All of this happening when my MF is increasing from Paragon Levels? No, my drop rate shouldn't be decreasing the more MF I get.

I am guessing Blizzard actually dynamically controls the drop rates somehow and changes them at will depending on various factors.
Edited by Ragnarok#1895 on 11/7/2012 12:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
So the games broken because you didn't drop a brown yesterday? Are you serious?
I played paragon lvl 1-25 without a drop and now drop sets and browns like confetti

It is very strange that I didn't get any drop because I play like whole day and night today. How many hours do you play a day? I stay at home whole day to play today and not a single drop. I wanted to post a thread on my own but when I saw this, I came in and shared my own lack of drops.

Broken? As in not playable? Did I say that?

When you played paragon lvl 1-25, was it before 1.05 patch? Same as you, I hardly had any drops at those levels and my 1st green drop was after lvl 25.

If you have drops, then good for you. But don't ask players like me to shut up cos that's rude. If you're not happy to read our concerns then please move on and don't trouble this thread.
Reply Quote
View profile
Spent an enite sick day playing and I didnt find 1 leg ... usually find 1 or 2 in a fews hours of playtime.
Reply Quote
I am not really sure about this but I think it all works like this...

If there are lots of good items for sale on the AH then drop rates go down automatically to make it so the prices for those good items stays high. Blizzard wants it to work this way so thats the way they coded it when they made the game.

Then when some one posts asking if they lowered the drop rate they can say, and they are not lying about it, that they have changed nothing the drop rate is the same. However the code is already in place and no they did not change anything it changed all by itself.

I think this is how it works and as long as the market is flooded drops rates are low and if not to many good items are on AH then drop rates go up...it is all adjusted as the AH changes and its all automatic they don't have to do anything, we do it by listing the items that we get on the AH.
Edited by Elember#1115 on 11/7/2012 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Seeing how I can't see your profile and make a snap judgement, my personal guess is that you're doing too high a MP level and killing stuff way too slowly.

You know those MP0 act3 monsters that you can kill by looking at them? Yeah they drop the exact same stuff as mobs in MP5-7. And I bet I kill them a whole heck of a lot quicker than you killing in MP 5-7. MP5+ magic find bonus does not make up for the massive increases in monster health, unless you have like 400k+ dps.

the issue here is not if it takes time for me to kill stuff or not the issue here is the drops...
yes it can take a while for me to kill stuff but i like a challenge when i play.
I do however have like 8-9k elit kills (not that much tbh) and around 4k of the was done after patch (1.0.5) and i only had 5 drops..

again i must point out that im not saying that it's something wrong with RNG but maybe fix some kind of system where ppl like me that rarely have legend drop get a legendary from time to time even if it takes longer then it usually does to get one (like 1 each 500 elit kills or X played hours etc) i would be more then happy.
Reply Quote
You cannot assume that legendary drop rates have suddenly dropped based on a weekend.

Highly doubt that your playing time when you "noticed" the sudden drop rate change was a minuscule sample size that is meaningless.

The drop rate did not change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]