Diablo® III

Vanity Item Slots

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but anyone who's played Terraria will know what I'm talking about. Basically for every gear slot that has an impact on your appearance, you get an additional slot for it call the vanity slot. Items you put in there will override your actual gear's appearance on you, but does not give any stat contributions.

So it can be a separate tab on your character gear screen, with only helm, shoulder, gloves, chest, pants, and boots slots. You can toggle this on and off (off means your main, actual gear will determine the way you look) on that tab, and if you leave it on without putting any gear in vanity slots your character will appear naked.

This gives a lot more freedom in the way your character's looks can be customized (way more than dyes alone). I'm sick and tired of everybody having Vile Wards, and almost every mid-high level DH looks the same with Natalya's set.

What do you think?
Reply Quote
I played Terraria, and this being implemented to Diablo 3 sounds okayish, But I still want to be able to Dye Leg/Set items. . .
Reply Quote
If there were more robust lobby or something else that warranted even really caring what your character looked like, I'd say this is a great idea. As it stands though... appearance really doesn't matter much except when I'm sitting and staring at menus. =\

+1 on being able to dye legendaries.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 10:26 AMPosted by JaceAltair
But I still want to be able to Dye Leg/Set items

of course, it's not a replacement to legendary dyes but an addition. Also no matter how I dye (maybe invisible) my mempo of twilight I don't see it looking good, it's a stupid bucket omfg. i like a lot of the ilvl62 gear's looks but can't swap them for my good pieces...
Reply Quote
It would be cool, I've been playing with IK barbs, it gets confusing who is who when in the same game unless I check the names.

Also would be cool to change the hair and skin tones, even if its just in the portrait.
Reply Quote
I think this is a good idea! Would make characters seem more unique...
Edited by Castrobot#1661 on 11/6/2012 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Loved the Terraria system, would be great if this was implemented in Diablo 3.
IMHO, it's kind of necessary in any multiplayer game with a Best in Slot system.
Reply Quote
If there were more robust lobby or something else that warranted even really caring what your character looked like, I'd say this is a great idea. As it stands though... appearance really doesn't matter much except when I'm sitting and staring at menus. =\

+1 on being able to dye legendaries.

^ This...

Already this game doesn't have the player base it needs due to do no e-peen stroking...which, I don't even know how this game made it out of the design phase without that issue being tackled, but whatever. So, not only can you not tell how uber people are, so all the deep pockets are gone already, but there's nobody to "see" your visual changes.
Reply Quote
+1 op. Id love to not look like batman
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]