Diablo® III

Problems with launcher

My launcher will either go into an endless loop of updating the launcher, or freeze when applying the patch.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Bremy,

Could you start by trying what's described in the following two articles please?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc

Also, delete the Diablo III.mfil and Diablo III.tfil files in the main Diablo III folder.
Reply Quote
I did everything and it is still looping and saying that there is a critical update for the launcher
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Bremy,

Try deleting the Updates folder next. It's in the main Diablo III folder.

If that doesn't help. post the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client\Blizzard Launcher.1881\Logs\Blizzard Launcher.log file
Reply Quote
I do not have a Logs folder in my Blizzard Launcher. 1881 folder
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Bremy,

What do you have there?
Reply Quote
A folder called imageformats, a file called Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest, and a bunch of .dll files
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Bremy,

Are you using any antivirus applications or software firewalls? If so, try temporarily disabling them as they can interfere with updates.

Run the game as an Admin too by right clicking the desktop icon for it and selecting that option from the choices presented.
Reply Quote
I turned off my antivirus and ran as administrator and it's working now. Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]