Diablo® III

[Guide] Budget Guide: 100K DPS/400K EHP Monk

Can you pls take a look at my monk, I have over 100k dps around 600 all resist but I still have some trouble in mp3.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 10:03 AMPosted by MrJuly
Can you pls take a look at my monk, I have over 100k dps around 600 all resist but I still have some trouble in mp3.

You need more HP and more Armor, July. Switch out Resolve for Seize the Initiative... that will give you 1,000 more armor right off the bat. Then find more areas on your character to add vitality or life %. Shoot for at least 35k hp, 5k armor and 500 all resist...
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 10:03 AMPosted by MrJuly

Cursory glance at your monk shows me that you have 23K HP. That is way too low. You will to find a way to get that to at least 35K HP (if you are well mitigated) or 40K (if you are lacking somewhere). Approximate EHP:HP ratio for a well mitigated monk should be around 12:1. A decent one (an average one with higher DPS) is typically sitting around 10:1. A poorly mitigated one can be 8:1. From what I can tell of your monk, your EHP is probably sitting no more than 300K. Far too low.

One thing you can do is to consult Silver32 for his gearing services - I highly recommend him as he definitely knows what he is talking about. Otherwise, you can try to find me in-game, but I'm not always around and I am sure he has a better grasp of market prices of items than I do.
Reply Quote
thanks for the help in this post. 4700 armor now, working on dex / vit items now.
Reply Quote
Good deal, July. Money may not be an issue, but if it is, I would strongly consider selling your 5 radiant emeralds for ~ 120m, replacing them with 5 flawless stars for ~15m... that would give you plenty of coin to upgrade your three Inna's pieces (which seem the most obvious areas for improvement).

If you are a fan of your Inna + Lacuni setup, I'd also suggest possibly investing in a pair of Ice Climbers or rares with 220+ dex, 150+ vit and high all resist. The Nats boots don't do you a whole lot of good without the nats ring, especially since you are already at the movement speed cap.

Alternatively, keep the nats boots, invest in a nats ring and ditch the lacunis and craft until you get bracers with high dex, vit, all resist and cc.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 11:07 AMPosted by TexaStranger
Good deal, July. Money may not be an issue, but if it is, I would strongly consider selling your 5 radiant emeralds for ~ 120m

Oh wow. Didn't even notice that. I haven't gotten around to upgrading any of my gems to Radiants! So expensive in comparison to other upgrade options. Very good suggestion indeed!
Reply Quote
any help for me?

i think i know what to do but not 100% sure

going to change my skill crippling wave - to bells as i find i don't use it at all

i need to get more Vit at least 200

going to change out my chest for a dex / vit and 3 sockets if i can.

i realy want to go 2 1h's but they drop my dps by around 12-15k depending on what i use

been trying to craft shoulders some i have give me 5k dps but i loose 11k health

i know i can change out my belt - for one that will give me dex / vit but all the witching hours cost a penny that have dex.

i think i might just have to drop 200 AR to get in the changes i would like

but with 500k gold makes it hard - but i think i might just have to suck it up and grind as much gold as i can over a few sessions to get some bank for an upgrade at a time.
Reply Quote
hi,
i just came back to d3 last week or so
only have 40k ish dps at the moment, even after the impulsive buying of the 2 weapons.
with my current gear, can i try mp 3/4?
what should i upgrade first? assuming the ah would be back up by this week.
Reply Quote
hi,
i just came back to d3 last week or so
only have 40k ish dps at the moment, even after the impulsive buying of the 2 weapons.
with my current gear, can i try mp 3/4?

As long as you're not playing hardcore, try whatever you want. Not like there's a penalty if you decide you can't handle it.
Reply Quote
Hi,

Just wanted to say, amazing guide!

I went from 350 AR, 4k armor, 26k health, 20k dps to
715 AR, 5k armor, 33k health, 55k dps with ONLY:

208000 gold

I had bought crap legendaries, sold them for more than double the price, followed the guide and now im super tanky and actually increased my dps by a little bit. So far I have only replaced boots, belt, chest, shoulder, but I know now, following this build, that since I have my core defenses set, my dps is gonna sky rocket as I change out my other pieces.

Honestly, a thousand thanks from a noobie monk!
Edited by Painkills#1502 on 5/22/2013 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why.... hello there. Long time no see.

Trip down memory lane here. :P
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Nameless
T sacrifice defence for offence until you can farm MP2/3 comfortably -- after which, you have decisions to make about future direction of your monk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]