Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Wow!!! Awesome guide! I really like the no-nonsense approach!
I really like D3up, but I'm unable to access it at work. I can use theasiangamer, so I usually end up using that.
For the longest time I had simply used a google doc spreadsheet, but it doesn't have anywhere for the Elemental dmg to be entered (not that I could find anyway), so it's not totally accurate anymore :/
Thanks a lot Piffle. Actually, i have a question for you. the difference between my monk's gears and yours, the one with 97k dps is that i stack attack speed on ring and u stack max min damage and on amulet you only stack cc and dmg, and mine include dmg, but not cc. but you stack lots of cd on your weapons. So I'm asking when is it worth to stack attack speed? when im getting over 100K dos? thanks
Hi Piffle, thank you for the awesome guide.
Im regearing my monk after a long hiatus and I wanted to ask if you could give some advice on what I should upgrade to reach 100k dps unbuffed (currently~86k) and maintain or improve my current survivability (740 resist, 5800 armor, 5.3 LS, 600 LOH). Granted I have only like 4m gold atm waiting to sell some stuff. I also have this weird quirk where I dont like to use innas chest/pants and mempos bec IMO they look bad. BT set looks badass on a monk so I figured Id go that route since I want high EHP anyway.
Im also wondering what kind of stats should I be shooting for to be able to key farm and do group uber runs on MP7/8. With my current stats Im having difficulty surviving nasty affixes on MP7. I dont know if Im spoiled with playing barb and have unrealistic expectations of what I can facetank or am I simply lacking in sustain/mitigation.
In the example sets I provided, I was trying to build them in the most efficient way possible, in terms of how much money I was spending. There isn't a DPS number where you should start looking at attack speeds items, it's more along the lines of when can you afford it? I mean, in an ideal world, I'd love to have a trifecta ring with XX-XX dmg, AS, and CC, but I can't afford one. If you look at my profile now, the rare ring I have is just XX-XX dmg and CC because I felt that was the best use of my money.
If you can afford to get AS on your jewelry, by all means, go for it.
Hi Piffle, thank you for the awesome guide.
Well I'd say you're doing a pretty impressive job with DPS given that you aren't using Inna's Pants and you have that much sustain.
You certainly have enough EH to handle MP 7/8, I think the problem you might be having is lack of damage. Obviously the longer it takes you to kill stuff the more damage you are taking, but LS also scales with damage so that effectiveness would go up as well.
It's a little unfortunate you don't want to use Inna's Pants, a 9% AS pair alone would put you up over 100k (16k increase). But if you're really dead-set against those, these are some other options off the top of my head for you:
1. Changing CD to AS on gloves. The CD on your gloves is roughly equivalent to 7% AS in terms of paper DPS, so if you got ones with 7-9% you'd see a little bump in paper DPS. Outside of paper DPS though, this would also have the benefit of providing more cyclones (yay!) and making you generate LoH faster (double yay!).
2. Adding CD to weapons. Adding just 60% native CD to one of your weapons would give you an additional ~8800 dps. I imagine that your current weapons + native CD would be grossly expensive, so it might be interesting to see how you fare with just one LS weapon. Outside of some RD packs where I need to be careful, I am able to run MP 8 with just one LS weapon. You're tankier than me and you have LoH, so this might be possible.
I actually have a sword sitting in my stash that would add ~7k dmg over your OH, but doesn't have LS. If you want to try it out to see how that affects your playstyle/survivability, you are welcome to.
3. Along the lines of weapons, an interesting possibility is replacing your Witching Hour with Inna's Belt (I know, it seems crazy). Because you don't have dex on your WH and you don't have the 2 piece bonus for Inna's, the belt would basically add over 200 dex. So, looking in the AH, there is an Inna's belt with 40 Phys res for 1 million that would actually add 450 damage for you. If you wanted Vitality it would cost a little more, but there is one with 69 vit (same # as your WH) for just 1.8 million right now.
And of course, you're asking why would you want to switch for just 450 damage. Well, the answer to that is if you're switching your weapons you could make sure to get ones that have black damage. Going back to the sword I mentioned above (which is pure black dmg), with your WH that sword gains you ~7k damage. But with the Inna's belt, it gains an additional ~3k damage, meaning that the two would put you up about 10.5k dps. If you were then able to replace your MH with a similar weapon with just black damage would give you an additional 2500 dps, putting you at 100k.
I don't know if all of that is worthwhile, but Inna's Belt with Vit would provide about the same EH as your WH (probably more since 100 armor is worth more than 10 resist).
4. Blackthorne's pants with sockets. I don't know what you would lose out on for the sockets roll, but 90 dex is worth ~3500 damage for you.
5. Obviously a better HF would help too, but you can't control that.
So yea, if you're hell bent on keeping your Blackthorne's pants, I guess those would be my ideas outside of just a generic "more of everything!" type deal. Hope that's helpful.
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 1/2/2013 9:18 AM PST
Hmm, I am trying to gear myself based on your toon, but I am still 15k dps and 50k ehp away, and I have the suspicion i already spent ALOT more then what you did.
Maybe its my weapons with +holly dmg, maybe monks should get bonuses when using holly damage.
Weapons without elemental damage ("black" or just physical damage) will receive the full benefit of the 8% affix on Inna's belt. Sadly, the Holy damage on your weapons isn't getting that. That's 5k damage right there.
I'm also 40 paragon levels ahead of you, which is another 6k damage! =)
Huh? I just tried to request a sticky for this guide and it told me I already did.
Thats funny, because i just started posting on the forums today......
Anyway read the guide along time ago and wanted to say thanks for all the help.
Still looking for advice for and upgrade if you have any suggestions that would be great.
Edited by Chaos76#1203 on 1/3/2013 11:30 AM PST
How in the name of Jeezy Creezy did it take so long for this guide to get highly rated? I've seen absolute trash on the General Forums get highly rated, disliked, and reported all in a matter of hours.
More Likes and more Request Stickies, people!
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.