Diablo® III

[Guide] Gearing tips from Sir Piffle

Request for Sticky!

Great information for all that need assistance on how to build gear.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Nameless
To the top. Tired of reading the same thread asking the same questions. They're just as bad as all the sales thread!

(1) Love the new thread title. :)
(2) Ummm.... don't you start some of those sales threads?

To everyone else. Read this guide & soak in the information - it's good stuff.

1) Thanks!
2) Yea, I actually don't have a problem with the sales thread. The Trading forum is pretty much useless (imo) and I think selling on the forums can provide an advantage for both buyer and seller. What they really need is sub-forums for each class that way there can be class specific sales threads and not gum up the forums.
Reply Quote
<3

1. piffle
The act of having sex in an amphitheater.
*two people walking along at an amplitheater*
Person one: Piffle?
Reply Quote
<3

1. piffle
The act of having sex in an amphitheater.
*two people walking along at an amplitheater*
Person one: Piffle?

Ha!
Reply Quote
lol @ the thread title
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah thread title is great!

I guess something like "Diablo III Monk gearing For Dummies" would be a little too over the top huh XD
Reply Quote
up because this thread is still awesome... actually moreso with the new title! :)
Reply Quote
I like this thread...

...a lot!
Reply Quote
Man I have to say that you are awesome, I just recently got back into the game and had real shoddy gear. Re-rolled DH back in the day to do the act 3+4 chest farms. I only had the budget of 4 mil so after just spending a good 30 mins in the AH I spent around 1.5 mil and got my dps up by 5k but my EHP practically doubled! Sadly Weaps/rings/ammy were the only items I could not score due to them being rather outrages. Still <3 much love for helping people out, and a murry Kwanzaa to all.
Reply Quote
Piffle, add me in game man if you haven't already.

Talked to Druin a bit on skype earlier. I think having you work with Scrapz, Druin and I would be of great use.

Seems like you know your stuff :).

SrslySam91#1775
Reply Quote
nice change to the threat title piffle = )

... not everyone can gear themselves ... so to them i say "stay a while and" read the guide ;)

12/14/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Piffle
What they really need is sub-forums for each class that way there can be class specific sales threads and not gum up the forums.

ohh regarding your comment on the above
... here's my thread a while back if you guys want to revive the topic http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006343544
Reply Quote
Man I have to say that you are awesome, I just recently got back into the game and had real shoddy gear. Re-rolled DH back in the day to do the act 3+4 chest farms. I only had the budget of 4 mil so after just spending a good 30 mins in the AH I spent around 1.5 mil and got my dps up by 5k but my EHP practically doubled! Sadly Weaps/rings/ammy were the only items I could not score due to them being rather outrages. Still <3 much love for helping people out, and a murry Kwanzaa to all.

Glad it helped!
Reply Quote
This definitely deserve a sticky.
Reply Quote
sticky req'd ages ago.

+10 for title change.

Anyone reading this far down who hasnt already done so:

USE A CALC! CHECK YO SELF BEFO U RECK YO SELF
Reply Quote
sticky req'd ages ago.

+10 for title change.

Anyone reading this far down who hasnt already done so:

USE A CALC! CHECK YO SELF BEFO U RECK YO SELF

truf.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm wondering how you manage to survive w/ no Life Steal and only 142 LoH Piffle :O
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 07:38 AMPosted by LegitBeastin
I'm wondering how you manage to survive w/ no Life Steal and only 142 LoH Piffle :O

I actually have a bunch of different weapons, just logged out with 2 that didn't have life steal. I was experimenting with what MP level I could handle without lifesteal =)
Reply Quote
Wow!!! Awesome guide! I really like the no-nonsense approach!

You get the info straight up and we don't need to search much for it either!

Very nicely written!

By the way, which website do you prefer to consult to get an accurate portrait of your character stats-wise?

Lately, I'm starting to like D3up.com more than Diabloprogress.

D3up gives the right info.

Diabloprogress tend cut data here and there and they don't calculate everything either (no OWE calculation for example. They also reduce your Crit chance and Crit damage by the initial amounts.
Reply Quote
sticky pls... this is better than the rubbish thats up there like a bible
Reply Quote
stickehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]