Diablo® III

NEXT UPGRADE FOR THE WIZARD ABOVE YOU PART 7

11/16/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Boozor
Your wailing host, while the set bonus is nice, it doesn't do anything for DPS. You need to lose it for something with some more kick.

Yeah, I want to replace one of them with a Zuni Pox with CC/CD, which gives me a damage boost and boosts my eHP with the 3piece resist bonus. Not cheap. :(

Been looking for a Storm Crow with CC as well.

My idea was to add all the "adds +x% as damage" modifiers up to my black weapon for an effective boost of DPS. (hence Storm Crow, Tal Rash's ammy, zuni boots, triumvirate)

Yeah, I want a better mainhand - been watching the AH, but high dps + socket + lifesteal ain't cheap. :(

I've also been looking for a decent Vile Ward +vit to help offset the eHP loss when I swap out my belt. My budget is ... smaller than I need. :/
@ Sennin

Your Natalya's Reflection

Don't I know it. Takes forever to find one with CC or CD in addition to all my other stats and is not overpriced.
Edited by Sennin#1346 on 11/16/2012 11:40 AM PST
11/16/2012 11:37 AMPosted by leareth
Your wailing host, while the set bonus is nice, it doesn't do anything for DPS. You need to lose it for something with some more kick.

Yeah, I want to replace one of them with a Zuni Pox with CC/CD, which gives me a damage boost and boosts my eHP with the 3piece resist bonus. Not cheap. :(

Been looking for a Storm Crow with CC as well.

My idea was to add all the "adds +x% as damage" modifiers up to my black weapon for an effective boost of DPS. (hence Storm Crow, Tal Rash's ammy, zuni boots, triumvirate)

Yeah, I want a better mainhand - been watching the AH, but high dps + socket + lifesteal ain't cheap. :(

I've also been looking for a decent Vile Ward +vit to help offset the eHP loss when I swap out my belt. My budget is ... smaller than I need. :/

Ya the CD/CC Zuni won't be cheap should be considered later.

3CC storm crows going for less then 4m last time I saw.

Have you considered a Vile ward with STR affix? Greatly overlooked by sellers, can be had very cheap STR+INT. This doesn't increase your VIT, but makes your defenses stronger. A 150STR/180INT vile is a decent upgrade for probably bargain bin prices.
@Absinthe

Where to start. Upgrade it all.
@ Sennin

Your Natalya's Reflection

Don't I know it. Takes forever to find one with CC or CD in addition to all my other stats and is not overpriced.

Nat's ring with CC + AR - looking @ 250m to 1B depending on CC and other stats. I've been looking to add AR to my nat's ring, but it would almost certainly double its price for 50-60AR while losing either INT/VIT or both. Kind of sad :(

However, Nat's ring with CD and AR is considerable less then CC, this might be worth looking into if your interested in DPS.
11/16/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Boozor
However, Nat's ring with CD and AR is considerable less then CC, this might be worth looking into if your interested in DPS.

That is actually exactly the way I was leaning. Much less expensive and gives a major DPS boost considering I already have 54% CC.
11/16/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Sennin

That is actually exactly the way I was leaning. Much less expensive and gives a major DPS boost considering I already have 54% CC.

Well.

Not top notch CD rings, like Shandlars, I believe he paid close to 500m for his 9%/49% ring with AR. Near perfect though so warrants the price tag.
20 CD would put me about 165k so even that would be worth a purchase.
How about me! Since it's pretty much just a sennin / boozor conversation right now...
11/16/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Kieble
How about me! Since it's pretty much just a sennin / boozor conversation right now...

Lol, everyone @ lunch break I guess

I think you should pick up my old wand + force set ;)

But in all seriousness, your gearing is pretty much there, you just need to add defenses to your existing stats.

Its not going to be cheap from now on.

A better wand will go a long way something around the lines of 1050dps ? Probably give you almost a 10k boost as well.

But probably main focus should be mitigation. Your andy's need to get swapped right away for less fire damage. Or save up for a entry level mempo.
Entry level mempo being just a pure IAS one and skipping out on the CC? or go for something better than that?
11/16/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Kieble
Entry level mempo being just a pure IAS one and skipping out on the CC? or go for something better than that?

Sorry I meant entry level CC mempo even @ 3.0CC.

But prices are overlapping a bit for quicker sales i've noticed on mempos.

See some 4.5cc dropping into 4.0cc ranges, and so forth.

If your using an andy's, a mempo is the best andy's you can get :)
@ Boozor, a trifecta ring with AR and Intel.
11/16/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Dinosaur
@ Boozor, a trifecta ring with AR and Intel.

Like my trifecta ring with AR?

Just add INT to it?

Every point of CD is 400dmg for me, thats the equivelent to 5.5INT.

I'm at 49CD with my 1st ring, I'm not sure how much I can lose on it and gain INT to make it a worthwhile upgrade.

For example

100INT
7IAS
35CD
4.5CC
50AR

Ring would cost me 5600dmg from CD loss, but I'd gain 7000dmg from INT gain. Net gain of 1400 dps.

What is a ring of this caliber going to cost me? Probably 500m.

Yea....
I think Life Leech is a must for any Wiz doing over 200k DPS.

I'm doing over 600k DPS (buffed) with Forked Lightning / Archon build and even with 1.5% LL Rune I get killed in less than 2 seconds (on A3 MP5 by RD Mob).
Edited by Dub#1524 on 11/16/2012 3:37 PM PST
Crap man, u have nice gear... Everything checks out. Whats your DPS when unbuffed and standard melee wiz build? I could just say get a tal Rasha Amu with arcane damage bonus? But really, everything is good. Armor up? haha I dunno... I need help with mine. Cant seem to move on past 200k crit damage..
@SuperNino nice gear, I'd say either amulet or bracers next for you.
Azureon needs ummm items...

**Would like to buy witching hour for 50 mill need help with stats**

Witching hour w/ intell + all resistance or intell + vitality???
Smokex, you need to grab a good witching hour too.
PikaQ is on an SC account, so I have no idea x.x Smokex looks super solid, the only thing I can think of is grabbing some more LoH somewhere, but with stats like that, probably not necessary.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]