Diablo® III

Q: Angry Chicken Usage MP 0/1

I was wondering how the pro Paragon levelers time their Angry Chicken casts in relation to Spirit Walk and Stalker.

This is my current order of operations, but I’m not sure if it’s optimal:

(1) If there are monsters to my side(s) or behind me, kill them with Acid Rain
(2) Spirit Walk + Stalker and run forward
(3) If there is a nearby monster pack ahead, cast Vengeful Spirit on them while running and return to (1)
Otherwise if no pack is in sight after 1 or 2 seconds of Stalker, use Angry Chicken until its timer is up (or there is a good moment to pop it early) then return to (1)

This is somewhat based on the fact that I don’t always 1-shot monsters, so Angry Chicken can be annoying if it knocks them apart from each other. Plus Vengeful Spirit seems to have a bigger radius so I like to give it priority.

Let me know your method and I will give it a try. Thanks!
Reply Quote
seems like when one is down other is up. u can all ways be moving acid cloud or pestilance what ever works for ur dps.
Reply Quote
use angry chicken with firewalker if you are into exp farming. running with chicken and gets blocked by doors would slow you down.
Reply Quote
View profile
If I run the Chicken, I line up the skills 1-2-3 with Chicken in the third slot and stack them all.

If you're really fast and aren't lagging, you can fire a Soul Harvest during the Chicken KB animation and still hit everything.

I've gotten away from Chicken since it's inefficient for speed farming the middle MPs, though.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:03 AMPosted by MartinAlvito
I've gotten away from Chicken since it's inefficient for speed farming the middle MPs, though.

dead rush.. great idea. i was looking for another dmg skill, after having tried vampire bats, cloud bats, pile on. it looks like dead rush would be the right skill for the spot.

i would tweak ur build a bit if i had ur gear. i'd get the mana vision and use mana sw and free up the sacrifice slot for hex and run ptv in passive instead of col. it should be better for middle mps.
Reply Quote
View profile
i would tweak ur build a bit if i had ur gear. i'd get the mana vision and use mana sw and free up the sacrifice slot for hex and run ptv in passive instead of col. it should be better for middle mps.

You have no idea how insanely good Sacrifice bombs in series are. It's the primary damage skill. Bears are really just there for elites that are off by themselves and mop-up.

A regen Vision and Provoke the Pack or Next of Kin is probably worth considering.
Edited by MartinAlvito#1712 on 11/13/2012 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
You have no idea how insanely good Sacrifice bombs in series are. It's the primary damage skill. Bears are really just there for elites that are off by themselves and mop-up.A regen Vision and Provoke the Pack or Next of Kin is probably worth considering.

oh.. in that case. you are right. i tested col/sacrifice before, didn't rly like the inconsistensy, especially vs. elites by themselves, perhaps i didnt play enough with the build.
Reply Quote
Will definitely keep Sacrifice and COL in mind for higher level MPs. I'm getting to the EHP where I might be able to drop Spirit Vessel soon.
Reply Quote
for MP1, I usually just cast stakler+SW+angry chicken at once, when i saw a pack, explode the chicken form and SH+bear to reset the CD with GI.

+1 for COL+Sac to regen mp
Reply Quote
View profile
stalker+sw+chicken all stacked together as fast as you can in that order to move between packs.

if ur casting chicken by itself couse the others are on cooldown try to pop it when you think the other are off cooldown.

also i use chicken to open doors and break obsticles without stoping or using mana
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 11/13/2012 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/13/2012 09:25 PMPosted by ChuckNorris
stalker+sw+chicken all stacked together as fast as you can in that order to move between packs.

K I knew I was doing sth wrong. I wasn't moving remotely at the speed you are.

It takes a lot of micro D; I am overwhelmed by the combo and sacrifice lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]