Diablo® III

Urgent Maintenance - 11.13.12

Community Manager
Update 3:50 pm PST:

Maintenance has concluded, and Diablo III is now back online and available for play in the Americas. We're continuing to monitor the service closely and will be sure to alert you if any additional downtime is required. (At the moment, though, everything appears to be resolved.)

For those of you unable to access the auction house, this is pretty standard after maintenance/downtime for Diablo III. To help reduce load and improve the overall stability of the auction house system, the game may temporarily limit traffic to the auction house during peak gaming hours. This is done automatically, and players may occasionally see a grayed-out auction house button as a result. If the auction house button is grayed-out, please wait a few minutes and then try again.

-----

In order to resolve some ongoing performance issues which have persisted after today's scheduled downtime, we have brought Diablo III offline again for urgent maintenance. The issues we encountered are relatively minor, but do require additional downtime to address completely.

We currently anticipate that all services will be back up and available in the Americas after 5:00 pm PST. Should this schedule change at all before then, we'll be sure to provide an update in this thread. You can also follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for information and updates regarding any of our online services.
Edited by Lylirra on 11/13/2012 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
What was the problem? Some new exploit after the maintence?
Edited by Rafa#1797 on 11/13/2012 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
So the servers are going to be down for almost 12 hours, and it's been down for only minor issues?
That doesn't impress me or my wife at all.
Reply Quote
Hour thirty huh? Pick up the pace pls
Reply Quote
T_T
Reply Quote
Make sure the maintenance crew has enough snacks
Edited by Guvnor#1589 on 11/13/2012 3:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
Don't want to sound rude or anything but this looks a bit amateurish to me. I mean, these maintenance downtime are really getting longer and longer. And why don't the crew start at 12am PST instead of 3AM? At least we would save like 3 hours of downtime during DAYTIME when most people are PLAYING.

Just saying..
Reply Quote
Blizzard has their gaming community laughing and cursing at them.
Reply Quote
So in retrospect, it'll be up at 7:00 p.m. PST.
Reply Quote
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Isjgc0oX0s

• :D
    Edited by VoodooMaster#1175 on 11/13/2012 3:34 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    11/13/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
    The issues we encountered are relatively minor

Requires more donuts.
    Reply Quote
    11/13/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Guvnor
    Make sure the maintenance crew has enough snacks

Coffee and red bull, they seem sleepy.
    Reply Quote
    wow, classic blizzard. the maintenance crew has one job and they fvck it up every week. ofc the one night this week i have to really play this game for more than like 30 minutes at a time, blizzard extends the maintenance to 8:00...
    Reply Quote
    agreed.
    Reply Quote
    sounds like enough time for me to go watch a movie..
    Reply Quote
    Incredible. Never ceases to amaze.
    Reply Quote
    11/13/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
    In order to resolve some ongoing performance issues which have persisted after today's scheduled downtime, we have brought Diablo III offline again for urgent maintenance. The issues we encountered are relatively minor, but do require additional downtime to address completely.

can you decide? its a minor issue? then why it has been down like 12 hs.
    its big? well the fact that you dont say wtf it is seems to show that.

we should deserve an explanation for the not announced extension of the maintenance
    Reply Quote
    wtf i jus logged in n looked a the ah n all my stuff i was selling is not even there wtf r u doin blizzard
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]