Diablo® III

The Americas locked at starter edition. HELP!

I just repurchased this game yesterday and activated it via game key redemption and I understand the digital purchase restriction. However,

When logged into Asia or Europe region, the game recognizes me as a standard edition player with full features available.

When logged into the Amercias region (The region I am supposed to play in) the game recognizes me as "starter edition" and I am unable to progress past king leoric or switch to my other higher level characters.

I was also unable to post in this forum as it does not recognize me as a standard edition player yesterday. Thus, I am able to post now because it recognizes me as a standard edition player but my in-game account under "Americas Region" still lock me out as a starter edition player with the "UPGRADE NOW" at the top right corner of the screen!

Please note, I am a returning player who despite refunding this game in the past, decided to re-purchase this game to support the game again (for providing me a good customer support experience previously) and give this game another chance after receiving positive feedback on the changes made in the patches.

I appreciate the help to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Edited by Ronnie#1235 on 11/13/2012 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ronnie,

Try connecting to your Battle.net Account Management page and changing the account's password. That will refresh the account data which should clear this up for you.
Reply Quote
Thank you Omrakos for the swift response.

I have just changed the password about 15 minutes ago. I am now required to log in with the new password when going into the battle.net account page.

But on my Diablo III client, I am unable to log in with my new password. Error message was "incorrect account information error 3". But I can still log in with my old password.

Approximately how long does it take for the new password to be in effect?
Edited by Ronnie#1235 on 11/13/2012 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have tried changing the account password thrice and the account on Diablo III client still does not recognize my new password and am receiving Error 3 incorrect information.

I have tried:

1) Resetting account password by mobile phone
2) Deleting battle.net cache
3) Resetting preference from launcher
4) Creating a second administrative account
5) Changing password
6) Switching regions

None of the above method worked.
Edited by Ronnie#1235 on 11/13/2012 5:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ronnie,

Ok, I didn't realize you had an SEA region Battle.net account. We're still having a problem with them sometimes. I've reset the account which should clear it up so please give it another try. The new password should work from now on.
Reply Quote
Thank you Omrakos. It is finally working now!

I will really appreciate it if you can reset my account for me just one more time. I have switched the password back to the old password because I am personally attached it.

Once again, thank you and I really appreciate you personally taking this matter into your hands and resolving it in such a short matter of time!
Edited by Ronnie#1235 on 11/13/2012 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ronnie,

All right, it's been reset again.
Reply Quote
Thank you! :)
Reply Quote
Excuse me Omrakos, I seem to be having the EXACT same problem. Can you please do the same to mine?

Thankyou!
Reply Quote
Omrakos please reset mine as well, I'm having the same problem as specified here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005438235

Thanks a lot, I hope to hear from you asap. I want to play now.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Flipz22, iamjoanel,

I took care of this for you guys. It should be working now.
Reply Quote
I also am having this problem, could you work your magic on mine please!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Matthias,

Done.
Reply Quote
Thank you!!!!
Reply Quote
I am have the same issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]