Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Dear D3 forum community,
I did a quick search for this topic but I didn't find any conclusive answer. I'm hoping that the more experienced D3 community (or dare I hope, a blue) can help me clarify the function of this item
In summary, it has
1. +Ele dmg
2. Bonus vs Elite
3. Bonus to class resource and skill
1. If I use arcane based skills, do I get bonus wearing "6% to holy damage" soj?
2. If I do, is that based on the final calculated damage or skill damage? Example, if I use 175% weapon damage spell, will it become 181% weapon damage or 185.5%?
3. Will the elemental damage be multiplied by other skills or runes? For example, the Arcane Torrent rune Disruption increases arcane damage taken by 15%. Will 6% to arcane damage soj become 6.9%?
4. Is bonus vs elite based on the final calculated damage or based on your skill damage? Similar as question 2
Thank you very much
Sara the wizard
That blue post answered questions 1 and 2. I'm also guessing that answer to question 3 is a Yes.
Question 5. Does the bonus to elite affect intermediate bosses, such as Ghom and Skeleton King, end of act bosses, key wardens, and/or the new über bosses?
The + x% increases your base damage of the non-elemental damage (example 100-200 range damage +5% goes to 105-210). If you have elemental damage on top of the base damage no increase ever - pretty much ignore what is written as the players have tested this a lot.
I am not sure if the damage is Base +(all =% added together) or Base * 1+increase *1=increase. Not likely a big deal as very few items near the end game for damage really stack as only the stone of jordan is really an end game item.
Bonus vs. Elite is a straight increase to your regular damage when they get hit.
I think that all "named" monsters count as elite, not just elite packs.
The blue answer really hasn't clarified it for me, as the quote is:
"The '+x% Elemental Damage' affix works by adding "x%" of your physical damage to your attack, in the form of the damage type listed.
but on the ring, the wording is "+X% TO elemental damage"
A minor difference, but to me, the ring wording says it is adding a damage percentage TO a required, already established elemental damage.
If it really is as the blue has said, then they really need to get rid of the word "to."
Or a blue needs to respond with a specific wording or example (like SoJ or Inna's Favor) to further clarify.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.